Thread: How to bounce Ext flash?

Default How to bounce Ext flash?

Hello,

I just finished taking a lot of photo at my Cousin's Wedding.

I took a few portrait shot with External Flash mounted with Stofen Omni-Bounce. But I had hard time removing those shadow.

Any idea on the proper ways of bouncing the external flash(with Omni-Bounce on) with minmum shadow?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix
    Hello,

I just finished taking a lot of photo at my Cousin's Wedding.

I took a few portrait shot with External Flash mounted with Stofen Omni-Bounce. But I had hard time removing those shadow.

Any idea on the proper ways of bouncing the external flash(with Omni-Bounce on) with minmum shadow?

Thanks
    You will get shadow no matter what if you are not bouncing off the ceiling. A really big bouncecard will help soften but not eliminate shadows.

Are you shooting direct with omnibounce mounted? If there's no ceiling to bounce off, I'd suggest using a bounce card instead of the omni.

Try using higher ISO such that the flash settings can be reduced instead.

Thanks for replying.

Do u has a picture of a big bouncecard to show?

Taking Wedding photo is VERY "Shiong" Wondering how much did a pro wedding Photographer charge per wedding session?

Something the size of 1/2 of an A4. But it would be cumbersome. Seriously what conditions are you shooting under to get those shadows? How were u using the omnibounce?

Default You Can use one of these.....

Hiee....

An example of a LARGE bounce card would look something like this.......
    this is still under development....but the results...are..........AWESOME........

The main aim of a larger area is to create less define lighter shadow as the light is dispersed in a determined (controlled) direction....

Useful when the ceiling is too HIGH!!!!.....

Regards,
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Something the size of 1/2 of an A4. But it would be cumbersome. Seriously what conditions are you shooting under to get those shadows? How were u using the omnibounce?

When I shot in portrait the ext.flash will be at the left side of the camera. I found that it is hard to bounce off the right shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by sulhan
    Hiee....

An example of a LARGE bounce card would look something like this.......
    this is still under development....but the results...are..........AWESOME........

The main aim of a larger area is to create less define lighter shadow as the light is dispersed in a determined (controlled) direction....

Useful when the ceiling is too HIGH!!!!.....

Regards,
    me

Wow not stuff. But with this thing on, will the flash output correct amount of flash when in ETTL?

I guess it should if you use ttl (through the lens).... well.... since it's ttl... just hope that the ceiling is there... well, I guess the power of the flash should come into the equation if the ceiling is high...