Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jurong East St 13
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Yup, I'm also looking to upgrade to either a D300 or D90. Currently using a D60 with dual kit lenses, and the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I still can't decide whether to get the D300 or D90.

    Besides the D300 having more AF pts, faster shutter speed, and the D300 supporting timelapse recording, what other notable features does the D90 have? Price difference between the 2 bodies is about $1k!!

  2. #22

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    D90 would be a better buy + the movie capture features might be useful when u go for tour

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent2000 View Post
    Yup, I'm also looking to upgrade to either a D300 or D90. Currently using a D60 with dual kit lenses, and the AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. I still can't decide whether to get the D300 or D90.

    Besides the D300 having more AF pts, faster shutter speed, and the D300 supporting timelapse recording, what other notable features does the D90 have? Price difference between the 2 bodies is about $1k!!
    How's the D60 restricting you
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Jurong East St 13
    Posts
    44

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    How's the D60 restricting you
    Well, 1 thing abt the D60 is it's limited # of AF points (3 to be exact) , compared to Canon's 1000D (which has 7 pt AF). I guess having more AF pts (with 3D tracking) would be helpful in situations whereby your subject isn't still. Also, the LiveView function would be really helpful for subject composition in awkward shooting angles.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West West West area
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Err, so? Do you really need 100+ lenses, most of which duplicate each other?

    To Answe your question, like canon you can have option for etc, 70-200mm F2.8 IS/70-200mm IS f4/70-200mm F2.8/4 without IS and example.

    However, i will only go for Nikon or Canon which most Snaper using. The reason is because we can share everything like happiness or sadness

  6. #26
    Member tanandrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    549

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Auto View Post
    Might be i will do it as well. But, i found that Nikon lens not as much as Canon, am i right??

    What some brother mention above absolutely correct, Etc, 45pts and high ISO, this also some of the reason i gave up Canon. i also able to get almost same spec like D300 from canon if i pay more$$$

    Besides, those use D300 mind to share where you bought and how much and freebie u get via PM. Thanks.
    my bought on may 2008 at cathay photohttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=383205
    Last edited by tanandrew; 27th November 2008 at 10:52 PM.
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

  7. #27
    Member tanandrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    549

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

  8. #28

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Auto View Post

    However, i will only go for Nikon or Canon which most Snaper using.
    This is the worst reason possible. "I'll just follow the herd"
    Alpha

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West West West area
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    This is the worst reason possible. "I'll just follow the herd"
    follow rather then alone. i trust happy always create by more than 2 or more...

    If alone, surely sad, like if nobody share how good the picture you snap...

  10. #30
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,126

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    What is the problem with the 450D? Bad picture or bad handling? If the answer is former, then a D300 or D3 also won't help

  11. #31

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    This is the worst reason possible. "I'll just follow the herd"
    but u can't possibly go very wrong with canon or nikon

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Auto View Post
    follow rather then alone. i trust happy always create by more than 2 or more...

    If alone, surely sad, like if nobody share how good the picture you snap...
    I can't even make out what you're trying to say. It's like reading the Symbol font in microsoft word.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  13. #33

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Auto View Post
    follow rather then alone. i trust happy always create by more than 2 or more...

    If alone, surely sad, like if nobody share how good the picture you snap...
    Once you mature a bit more, you'll realize that in photography outings, you can use whatever equipment you like.
    Alpha

  14. #34

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    but u can't possibly go very wrong with canon or nikon
    Oh? No spot metering? Mirrors falling out? Bad autofocus issues? No lens motor in budget models?


    Sure. Of course. You can never go wrong.
    Alpha

  15. #35

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    I can't even make out what you're trying to say. It's like reading the Symbol font in microsoft word.
    I believe it's in haiku form...
    Alpha

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Lion City
    Posts
    98

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Silver Auto Y Not I Can Suggest U Going To Shops And Test Out The Camera U Think U Like Get The Feel Of The Grip. Depends If u Are Going For The Grips Maybe U Should Take D90 It Also Depends If u Are A Beginner Or Advance If U Are Around The Middle Take The D90 But If U Are Advance Before Just Go For The D300. But I Would Suggest U To Go Into Nikon Not Because I Am A Nikon User But The Canon Lens May be More Than Nikon But Canon Items Are Very Ex U Will End Up Spending A Bomb. The Bottom Line Is Up TO U Since U Said That U Sold Ur Canon Stuff Go Into Nikon^^ Anyway This Is Ur Decision ^^
    D700 l D300 l D60 l 18-55 VR l 55-200 VR l 12-24 F4 l 24-70 F2.8 l 70-200 F2.8 l 50 F1.4 l SB-900 l

  17. #37

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by KennyRoger View Post
    Silver Auto Y Not I Can Suggest U Going To Shops And Test Out The Camera U Think U Like Get The Feel Of The Grip. Depends If u Are Going For The Grips Maybe U Should Take D90 It Also Depends If u Are A Beginner Or Advance If U Are Around The Middle Take The D90 But If U Are Advance Before Just Go For The D300. But I Would Suggest U To Go Into Nikon Not Because I Am A Nikon User But The Canon Lens May be More Than Nikon But Canon Items Are Very Ex U Will End Up Spending A Bomb. The Bottom Line Is Up TO U Since U Said That U Sold Ur Canon Stuff Go Into Nikon^^ Anyway This Is Ur Decision ^^
    Err... Can anyone translate this please?
    Alpha

  18. #38

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    personally, there can be 1001 reasons for choosing which body etc. so end of e day, as long as e buyer is happy with his/her purchase, then can liao.

    btw, if i were Silver Auto, i'd go for D300....
    Photographs doesn't arouse me, but the hard work it took to make them does.

  19. #39

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Err... Can anyone translate this please?
    I think it's morse code.

  20. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West West West area
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: Nikon D300 or D90 or Canon 40D

    Just bought new D300 from MS last night, the price & equipment was excellent.

    As what GELworks mention, if you love 1 person/equipment, you will have more than thousand of reason, if you dislike a person/equipment, 1 reason is enough. However, you person/equipment you like must be good.

    will try to do some shooting and share here. thanks for all comments so far

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •