Thread: Getting D90 with extra lens

Default Getting D90 with extra lens

I am getting Nikon D90 Kit with the 18-105mm lens and another 70-300mm VR lens. How it sounds like? Any comment and recommendation?

Default Re: Getting D90 with extra lens

Quote Originally Posted by sgboy83 View Post
    I am getting Nikon D90 Kit with the 18-105mm lens and another 70-300mm VR lens. How it sounds like? Any comment and recommendation?
    if you happy then go ahead. As long you know what you are buying.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

why not D90 + 16-85VR + 70-300 VR + SB900.

Good for traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by sgboy83 View Post
    Well, sounds good to me

No nagging problem with any of the lenses you mentioned. They're great glass

Seems like you have it all work out. It would be a great combination.

I am also on a D90 kit. Instead of getting the VR 70-300, I opted for a wide-angle zoom with a cheapo 70-300 G. Initially, I was eyeing for the VR 70-300 too, but since I found out that the D90 can do some Chromatic Aberration correction in JPEG, I opted the 70-300G. After correction, the Chromatic aberration improves significantly, but still pretty obvious, especially you zoom in. Beside the Chromatic Aberration advantage, the 70-300 VR has two stop advantage over the G version, it also has better PQ. But since I am not going to use the 70-300 range very often, I figure it would be better to channel the fund into a wide angle zoom.

Recently, I bought a sigma 70-300 to test against the 70-300G. The chromatic Aberration is better controled with the Sigma, but I kept the 70-300G. I like the contrast and colour better. Chromatic Abberration is bad but still workable for me. I sold the sigma the next day.

I think I will get the 70-300VR some day. But at the moment, I am contented with the 70-300G.

You might want to consider adding a 50mm f1.8. It is one of the lens that you can never go wrong.

Cheers