Hi all need really alot of help/advice by tomorrow !! ... wedding this sat !!! Damn scared from what I shot today at the rehearsal.
FYI --> 1st time, newbie to photography, no backup man
Location: Aremenian Chuch near ROM:
Ambience: Morning sun, Tungsten chandler, almost every subject I aim is backlit !!! (siao liao)
Equipment: using 10D + 550Ex+ Bounce card + 17-40mm f4 L
I set ISO 400 for both modes below
1) 1st thing I metered in manual and found 1/60 f4 gave indicator "0" exposure (with flash on)
2) Program mode also mostly gave f4 1/60 (with flash on) except when I was nearer any windows or doors it gave around f 6.7 1/125
THE BIG QUESTION FOR ME: Which MODE should I use ?
My main concerns:
1) f4 1/60 --> I scared shutter not fast enough to catch the couple's movement. e.g kissing, walking etc ...use f 5.6 1/125 ? f8 1/250 ? how ?
2) How to I achieve SHARPNESS ?? Seems at F4 not very sharp
What f-stop should I use to achieve SHARPNESS for my 17-40mm L ?
f5.6? f8? Roughly how far away should I stand. 1.5m?
3) bride all in white, Groom in black, where to meter ?AE lock ?
4) Backlit subjects