Thread: Need advice with Digi Cabi DB-036

Default Need advice with Digi Cabi DB-036

I have gotten my cabinet a couple of days back.

I have already left the door open for a day to let it stabilize and closed it just yesterday, it was reading a humidity of 45% the last time I checked. The manual states that for cameras, 40-55% would be ideal. But do I need to turn the knob to adjust it should it go beyond that range?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Need advice with Digi Cabi DB-036

Dunno why you want to leave the door open for a day. But sticking to the current RH you have is good. Dun go beyond that.
    | Canong 480D mk II | EF 18-55mm LV mk XOXO marco + Bougainvillea-shaped hood |

Quote Originally Posted by parampita View Post
    Dunno why you want to leave the door open for a day. But sticking to the current RH you have is good. Dun go beyond that.
    I was advised by Samuel at John 3:16 to leave the door open for a day. Just for curiosity, the dry cabinet can be used to store different types of items. Do we need to adjust it then?

No need. Once you have the RH you want, and which you have now, leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by limetouch View Post
    The manual states that for cameras, 40-55% would be ideal. But do I need to turn the knob to adjust it should it go beyond that range?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    yes you do. Ever so gently

and yea, 45% is great, don't touch it anymore!

Why do u need a dry box if you leave the door open???? same humidity as yr environment.

Get a different dry box for storing different items if the items required humidity is different. You don't want to risk your camera lenses just for different items to be kept in the same dry box?

Quote Originally Posted by limetouch View Post
    I was advised by Samuel at John 3:16 to leave the door open for a day.
    Have you asked for the reason? Sounds very funny to me, sure you understood him correctly?
    Close the door and let the cabinet run for at 24h, then take a reading. if RH is about 45-50% then leave it there. If RH is too low or too high then adjust using the knob (yes, that's the purpose of the knob and you are allowed to use it that way). Turn slowly and only a bit, then watch for the next 12h at least. Adjust further is necessary. Consult your manual for further details.
    Keep in mind: a dry cabinet is for long-term storage. Once you put in your cam and lenses it will take a while for the RH to get down to the target level. Don't get nervous about it, let it work at least 12h before you do any adjustments. Sometimes it takes 2 days for my RH reading to reach the target.

vince123123
    Guests

Is your rooom by any chance, mostly air conditioned?

40-55 is good and not so easy to get back that range if you lost the RH
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Have you asked for the reason? Sounds very funny to me, sure you understood him correctly?
    Close the door and let the cabinet run for at 24h, then take a reading. if RH is about 45-50% then leave it there. If RH is too low or too high then adjust using the knob (yes, that's the purpose of the knob and you are allowed to use it that way). Turn slowly and only a bit, then watch for the next 12h at least. Adjust further is necessary. Consult your manual for further details.
    Keep in mind: a dry cabinet is for long-term storage. Once you put in your cam and lenses it will take a while for the RH to get down to the target level. Don't get nervous about it, let it work at least 12h before you do any adjustments. Sometimes it takes 2 days for my RH reading to reach the target.
    He said it was to adjust to the humidity. As the humidity was 60% when I opened, I had to readjust, and now all that's left is to be patient for the next 12 hours at least and see what is the reading.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    Is your rooom by any chance, mostly air conditioned?
    Though the room has an aircon installed, its rarely used, maybe twice a week. So for the most part its not switched on.

In your first post, you have got 45% RH already right? That was a good setting. Which was why I posted dun need to fiddle liao.

lol y leave the door open for a day
    i got mine 3 days ago... kept the box empty and door closed for a day. then put my stuff in and its at 41% now, dial is at about 1:30pm

ya my db036 also, i turn it on and adjust the knob more to the right, see how low the humidity gets and when stabilise, abt 44% then i turn back the knob a bit and wait again to stabilise at 48%. then i leave it. Anyway it fluctuates b/w 47-49% sometimes.

It has now moved to 61%, I adjusted it a little and will see what happens tomorrow.