Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What will you buy in Sitex?

Default Re: What will you buy in Sitex?

Quote Originally Posted by Henessy View Post
    May I know which shop did you get it from?
    #04-70 Firdouse Electronics

Hi, I thought the lenovo netbook is $699? Today went there, only left with white
    That's why I bought one without second though.....i was quite surprise because I read it was still going at $799 on Friday....I saw the Lenovo brochure changed twice because of that....probably it didn't selling well initially and the went for a kill on saturday given there are so many vendors selling equivalent specs netbook......they even throw in the 6 cell model this time round....in fact my friend went today to get the same thing but as you said...they left with white color

The Lenovo booth itself was quite messy because it was co-run by 4 vendors if I am not wrong, only Best Denki and Courts allow 0% installment....Courts was the best deal with $649(1GB Ram) and $689(2GB Ram)...I took the 1GB because as I find 1 GB is more than enough for the XP home to run smoothly...$40 for the ram upgrade is really not worth it...i will tell you more if you are interested

Wanted to buy the 8gb cruzo micro. But by the time I go there, all sold out liao. Thats really the best offer for thumb drive.
    Actually Best Bargain in the show was selling the same thing at $25....I didn't bother because I kena a few time like they just put the price list for fun, most likely they have no stock too

Was there, cant believe you guys can take it? The crowd is insane, I could barely move. My group of friends wanted to get a monitor, a few hard disks, ear phones etc but in the end, we travelled all the way from the west there, walked in, struggled a bit, got the first hard disk we came upon ie Maxtor, and left. Bloody waste of time.

I condemn Sitex and other exhibitions now. I'll rather pay more to shop in peace and comfort.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Was there, cant believe you guys can take it? The crowd is insane, I could barely move. My group of friends wanted to get a monitor, a few hard disks, ear phones etc but in the end, we travelled all the way from the west there, walked in, struggled a bit, got the first hard disk we came upon ie Maxtor, and left. Bloody waste of time.

I condemn Sitex and other exhibitions now. I'll rather pay more to shop in peace and comfort.
    Not really...I went on Saturday around lunch time, still quite OK

1 - Camera
    2 - Laser printer with free ink
    3 - Bluetooth KB n Mouse
    Sean Seah
    Phokki - Arts for Everyone | Portal - www.phokki.com | Blog - blog.phokki.com

Got myself a keyboard in the end.... but not from Sitex.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    That's why I bought one without second though.....i was quite surprise because I read it was still going at $799 on Friday....I saw the Lenovo brochure changed twice because of that....probably it didn't selling well initially and the went for a kill on saturday given there are so many vendors selling equivalent specs netbook......they even throw in the 6 cell model this time round....in fact my friend went today to get the same thing but as you said...they left with white color

The Lenovo booth itself was quite messy because it was co-run by 4 vendors if I am not wrong, only Best Denki and Courts allow 0% installment....Courts was the best deal with $649(1GB Ram) and $689(2GB Ram)...I took the 1GB because as I find 1 GB is more than enough for the XP home to run smoothly...$40 for the ram upgrade is really not worth it...i will tell you more if you are interested
    May I know how is the speed of netbook? One of the reason I contemplated is because my friend told me Atom processor not good, it is like celeron...

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post

Not really...I went on Saturday around lunch time, still quite OK
    I usually go when the show open.. crowd still ok..
    Crowd will be in after lunch around 2pm to 3pm.. so if go during that time.. insane liao..

May I know how is the speed of netbook? One of the reason I contemplated is because my friend told me Atom processor not good, it is like celeron...
    Yup, can feel the hesitation once a while, probably due to the CPU throttle from power saving, but it was a split second thing so I can live with it....the other thing is the heat...surprisingly the base was pretty hot for little burger like this...it was comparable to my Pentium M notebook....I guess that's something the future model need to address

One thing I would like to emphasis is when buying a netbook, you are buying the portability...the convenient....so do not expect it to perform like a normal notebook...after all we are paying less than half their price....if you can set your expectation right, then I think you should be very happy with any model that is available now

Yup, can feel the hesitation once a while, probably due to the CPU throttle from power saving, but it was a split second thing so I can live with it....the other thing is the heat...surprisingly the base was pretty hot for little burger like this...it was comparable to my Pentium M notebook....I guess that's something the future model need to address
    No wonder those laptop coolers are selling like hotcakes in the SITEX

One thing I would like to emphasis is when buying a netbook, you are buying the portability...the convenient....so do not expect it to perform like a normal notebook...after all we are paying less than half their price....if you can set your expectation right, then I think you should be very happy with any model that is available now
    Quite true. How about those UMPC. They are damn expensive but any idea on their performance?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234