Thread: Please recommend a dslr camera.

Default Please recommend a dslr camera.

Planning to get through 0% instalment. been using a second hand Canon 300D to get used to using a DSLR functions and features. I find that most of the shoots i do are indoor events so i need something that is relatively noise free at iso1600 even if cropped and also something that is fast to write the pictures to the memory card.

Are there any DSLR with built in stabilization for handheld usage like during live performances and so on?

Any second hand or even third hand bodies that have the above features?

Thanks in advance.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: Please recommend a dslr camera.

Have you tried a search? Any form of research? You would then have found that Sony, Pentax and Olympus have built-in stabilization. For Canon and Nikon, you need to buy an IS lens.

Now, check the marketplace section to see what's on sale, then research the models online.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Have you tried a search? Any form of research? You would then have found that Sony, Pentax and Olympus have built-in stabilization. For Canon and Nikon, you need to buy an IS lens.

Now, check the marketplace section to see what's on sale, then research the models online.
    Currently am, posted to cover if in case got miss anything. The Sony line looks promising especially A700 as well as Pentax K20D.
    Last edited by Reportage; 24th November 2008 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Are there any DSLR with built in stabilization for handheld usage like during live performances and so on?
    For live performances you need fast glass, not IS.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    For live performances you need fast glass, not IS.
    i am considering all options. asked a friend to lend his 70-200 mm f2.8 L USM for another event.
    Last edited by Reportage; 24th November 2008 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Currently am, posted to cover if in case got miss anything. The Sony line looks promising especially A700 as well as Pentax K20D.
    Both are solid cams. Especially in RAW, or the A700 if it's been updated to v4 firmware.
    Alpha