I just bought a Spyder3 Pro last week to calibrate my monitor and I have some questions thar I hope you guys can help me with.
1) The spyder software has created a new ICC profile for my monitor. This should be set as the default profile in the control panel rite?
2) Should I remove all the other profiles I used to associate with the monitor like the sRGB?
3) From other threads, I gathered that the working space in PS should remain as sRGB. When I choose to "Proof Colours" to monitor, the colours changes slightly. I know that this is showing the picture using just the monitor profile (same as on a non-icc software like windows picture viewer?). My question is if i DONT click "proof colours", what colours is PS showing? sRGB + monitor profile or just the sRGB profile? So can I say the one shown in PS is the "correctly calibrated photo"?
4) So after calibrating my monitor and using sRGB colour space in PS, assuming the lab I am using has also calibrated their printer, the colours should come out similiar?
5) What about posting on the net? If I am seeing a slightly warmer picture in windows viewer as compared to in PS, will other ppl see the warmer version as well? Any ways to ensure the photo will appear correctly on other computers short of getting everyone to calibrate their monitor?