yup, sop will come in again.

form bord of investiation
    investigation
    tie loose ends
    formulate a presentable solution
    presentation
    wait for the next accident
    start from the top again
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Default Re: stupid boat in the dragon boart race today

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    some ppdcl drivers aint gt brains. forgive them dennis. i used to drive boats for them and other events as well...
    paiseh, what does ppdcl stand for

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    yup, sop will come in again.

form bord of investiation
    investigation
    tie loose ends
    formulate a presentable solution
    presentation
    wait for the next accident
    start from the top again
    yep.

it will be like.

Accident happen.
    AAR
    form board of investigation to pacify victim's parents.
    wayang investigation.. ask pple, and they say dunno.
    draw their own conclusions
    say 1001 things on what they can do to prevent it from happening
    have safety protocol
    have safety officers
    saftey officers dun care
    pple all dun care just whack
    accidents happen
    go back saftey officer
    he say i dunno
    he got fired
    change officer
    story repeat all over again

come sing along with me ~~

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    paiseh, what does ppdcl stand for
    Powered Pleasure Craft Driver's License.

Typo. should be PPCDL

hmmm... didn't you noticed that boat was full of ahmmmm.. media people.
    get to create some actions.. hahaa

hi gleen, my PPCDL expired liao, can renew? or must take exam all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    Powered Pleasure Craft Driver's License.

Typo. should be PPCDL
    sorry, i thought it had something to do with dragon boat/canoeing related stuff..

cheyyyy not interested already

one other joke, will they having race and all that, i see a cleaner going onto the platform, scooping up small little floating debris like leaves. it not like the are lots of large floating junks around. i guess they must show face to proof the are working

maybe the motorboat wanted to get a close shot of the dragonboaters ba? poor dragon heads... =\
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

dont know why such pilots are there to mend to boat. such irresponsible beheaviour. could have cause another dragon boat accidents. havent they learn from the previous tregidy?
    denniskee, if you dun mind, can u dun bring up the dragonboat incident, especially when today (23/11) is the one year anniversary. Let things have a closure and those around them move on. Thanks!

No offense Bernard, but actually, the mention may be all the more appropriate (and ironic) since this happened on the anniversary. And sad.

While some people prefer to keep quiet, obviously, stupidity prevails and is allowed to if accounts are accurate ... and if a point, no matter how unpleasant, is appropriate and related, why should it be shoveled under the carpet just because others may find it unpleasant?
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 24th November 2008 at 01:14 AM.

Spare a thought for those who know them. There are some people in this forum who knows them personally. If these were your loved ones, I don't think you will enjoy the bringing up of the incident again and again.

Also, these are two very different incidents and I personally don't see any connection/similarities between the two, so why bring it up for comparision sake. Like you mentioned, stupidity prevails in this case alone. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    denniskee, if you dun mind, can u dun bring up the dragonboat incident, especially when today (23/11) is the one year anniversary. Let things have a closure and those around them move on. Thanks!
    so u rather i keep quite so people are not aware that irresponsible pilot are around that may cause more accidents?
    Last edited by denniskee; 24th November 2008 at 01:27 AM.

I would suggest this whole witness account be submitted to the press actually.

Obviously not enough is being done to ensure safety standards and procedures, regardless of location or event.

But Bernard has a point. Let's refrain from joking about it. It IS a serious matter that should be brought to light and highlighted.

Also, please try to not mis-quote me and change the meaning to suit a different intent and purpose.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 24th November 2008 at 01:26 AM.

so u rather i keep quite so people are not aware that irresponsible pilot are around that may cause more accidents? did u even read glenn's reply?
    No I never did suggested that you keep quiet on reporting this. But this incident is different from the other incident and comparisions should not be made.

Anyway DM, if you take any offence, I apologise. They were friends and team-mates and people around them are still trying to move on in life. I just hope there are more sympathy shown and people more sensitive. This incident is purely because of the stupidity of the pilot of the boat and that's that. So why is the previous incident been brought up as an example of the consequences?

I will not partake in any further discussions and if I may have offended anyone, my apologies again.

Spare a thought for those who know them. There are some people in this forum who knows them personally. If these were your loved ones, I don't think you will enjoy the bringing up of the incident again and again.

Also, these are two very different incidents and I personally don't see any connection/similarities between the two, so why bring it up for comparision sake. Like you mentioned, stupidity prevails in this case alone. Period.
    than those people should make noise, launch a official complain to the org!!!

also, i believe unless u r firends or relative of people who died in that accident, how should i know that today is the one year anniversary?

also, we did not make jokes about that accident.
    Last edited by denniskee; 24th November 2008 at 01:41 AM.

No I never did suggested that you keep quiet on reporting this. But this incident is different from the other incident and comparisions should not be made.

Anyway DM, if you take any offence, I apologise. They were friends and team-mates and people around them are still trying to move on in life. I just hope there are more sympathy shown and people more sensitive. This incident is purely because of the stupidity of the pilot of the boat and that's that. So why is the previous incident been brought up as an example of the consequences?

I will not partake in any further discussions and if I may have offended anyone, my apologies again.
    I can see your point Bernard. And yes, we could have been more sensitive by avoiding some of our jokes (about this incident), but I still see the validity and importance in Dennis' mention.

I am guessing that the mention of the previous disaster was to help people see that there is a need for better safety measures, and to re-educate or remove such buffoons as the power-boat pilot. An incident does not have to be directly or even remotely related to another to be relevant as long as there are common factors involved, in this case, those being water sports safety standards.

No offense, just that when people start discussing the way the thread is going, it's a sure sign of the thread going south.

I personally and sincerely apologize for the insensitivity on my part if there was any, as well as share my condolences to those who have perished.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 24th November 2008 at 01:45 AM.

on the road we had road hog ... in the water, we have this kind of ppl. not to mention on the walk way, bicycle terror. everywhere we go there are risk and danger. Luckly nothing happen. If not someone will had their head roll.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12