Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 341

Thread: Sex Sells - Part 2

  1. #121
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong View Post
    because questions are repeated, over and over again, they got sick of answering, so they sit back and let others do the answering.

    and we have some amatuers with who are extremely egoistic. so. full timers / pros will just sit back and enjoy the show, and not bother to waste time here.

    so from interacting and making new friends, they would rather spend time thinking how to shoot better, deliver better, and of course.... be happy rather den contribute and some egoistic wannabe come and shoot his comment / contribution down.
    in defense of the amateurs there's also the issue of pros who think they are the alpha and omega of photography as well. the ego issue u brought up goes both ways.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  2. #122
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    many serious photographers / professional commercial photographers do have accounts here ... but they never come to CS anymore or even bother to comment on anything in CS anymore ....
    We still got Long Thai Bean coming here.

  3. #123

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post

    But the fact remains that the people TNP describes does exist here. But last time I checked, being horny wasn't a crime.
    Nope, you're right of course, it aint a crime to be horny, crass though that may be.
    But to be horny and pretend that you are honing your skills, well, thats just sad isnt it? Some participants take their craft seriously, and I respect that. But for some, their output just makes me wonder if its the first time they've seen a female form, they just seem to want to document every angle of it..
    I've not read the article, but am not surprised. TNP level of reporting leaves a lot to be desired, but at the same time, no smoke without fire right?

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Not a surprise.
    In a sense CS was just asking for it.

    Guess CS is caught between the temptation of some "organiser" paying fees or contributing to the upkeep of the site as a subscriber; against what he does - organising models shoots of certain exotic models.
    Boiled down to simple terms, it is about money.

    It can and in this case, did get out of control.
    Anyway heated forum exchanges against a certain model shoot organiser was all over the site some time ago.

    What so great about these models shoots in Singapore?
    You know the system here.
    Don't do it. (edit - viz. nude model shoots by large numbers of photogs in hotel rooms)
    If you want, can easily travel abroad to do such shoots. That is if one is so desperate for such shoots that they cannot live without it.
    I have friends who can easily arrange such for me overseas. But I never was interested.

    You know what is the impact of this episode?
    If the media get hold of the full list of members' names who attended and paid for the shoot, and it is made public, for whole world to see; then not so good.

    If they are invited to (edit) relevant authority (edit) for further interviews, then worse.

    Their employers, wives, mothers, girlfriends, religious leaders, or... their teenage children will not be amused.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 23rd November 2008 at 10:02 PM.

  5. #125
    Member TheQuestion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    PenguinVille.
    Posts
    1,089

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Not a surprise.
    In a sense CS was just asking for it.

    Guess CS is caught between the temptation of some "organiser" paying fees or contributing to the upkeep of the site as a subscriber; against what he does - organising models shoots of certain exotic models.
    Boiled down to simple terms, it is about money.

    It can and in this case, did get out of control.
    Anyway heated forum exchanges against a certain model shoot organiser was all over the site some time ago.

    What so great about these models shoots in Singapore?
    You know the system here.
    Don't do it.
    If you want, can easily travel abroad to do such shoots. That is if one is so desperate for such shoots that they cannot live without it.
    I have friends who can easily arrange such for me overseas. But I never was interested.

    You know what is the impact of this episode?
    If the media get hold of the full list of members' names who attended and paid for the shoot, and it is made public, for whole world to see; then not so good.

    If they are invited to CID for further interviews, then worse.

    Their employers, wives, mothers, girlfriends, religious leaders, or... their teenage children will not be amused.
    thing is no one did anything wrong. so only the MORAL police would have a field day.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

  6. #126

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We still got Long Thai Bean coming here.


    eh .... don't like that leh .....

    I only small fry ... not serious photographer or commercial professional lah .... Only can come here and hope maybe one day can make "senior member" status ...
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

  7. #127

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    I dont believe it is difficult to find out who leaked it at all? I mean come on guys, the photo of the "Thai girl in the red bikini" was screened on the papers, as well as the "agent" dude soliciting with her. You could be protecting your ~bro's~ identity for now, but as far as i'm concerned, you're only doing greater damage to CS for your selfish hedonistic endeavours.
    Canon 40D, 10-22, 35, 70-200
    http://theserialhobbyist.multiply.com

  8. #128

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Not a surprise.
    In a sense CS was just asking for it.

    Guess CS is caught between the temptation of some "organiser" paying fees or contributing to the upkeep of the site as a subscriber; against what he does - organising models shoots of certain exotic models.
    Boiled down to simple terms, it is about money.

    It can and in this case, did get out of control.
    Anyway heated forum exchanges against a certain model shoot organiser was all over the site some time ago.

    What so great about these models shoots in Singapore?
    You know the system here.
    Don't do it.
    If you want, can easily travel abroad to do such shoots. That is if one is so desperate for such shoots that they cannot live without it.
    I have friends who can easily arrange such for me overseas. But I never was interested.

    You know what is the impact of this episode?
    If the media get hold of the full list of members' names who attended and paid for the shoot, and it is made public, for whole world to see; then not so good.

    If they are invited to CID for further interviews, then worse.

    Their employers, wives, mothers, girlfriends, religious leaders, or... their teenage children will not be amused.
    Well

    I am the boss of my companies..., divorced, mother knows what I do, girlfriend reviews my photos, religions leaders keeps me from doing anything more than take photos, no children to worry about..... guess i am in the clear.

  9. #129

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Saw this article mentioned in page 3 of 新明as well.

    What i don't get is, on page 4, there was an article on "80% of the rich people cutting cost by reducing purchase in luxury and money spent on MISTRESS due to economy crisis" and the photo used...

    is a guy using a dSLR...

  10. #130
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    I only small fry ... not serious photographer or commercial professional lah .... Only can come here and hope maybe one day can make "senior member" status ...
    We'll put in a good word to secure senior membership for you.

  11. #131

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post


    eh .... don't like that leh .....

    I only small fry ... not serious photographer or commercial professional lah .... Only can come here and hope maybe one day can make "senior member" status ...
    You are already "senior member" in my books...

  12. #132
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,624

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by xirc0m View Post



    Ok GUYS from CS ( not all - U know who I am talking about)... This is NOT the first time such cases; happened for a couple years !!!! NUDE or not NUDE...this has been long labelled for CS-photographers who like to grp up to take such pics.....

    I ask Ya... why "You Guys" ( The Pervo-graphers) keep appearing @ events @ Fashion / Bikini etc? When you are not the official photographers... keep GATECRASHING!!! Do you know how irriatiing is this? ( sorry for changing topic a bit); here is one example :-



    The guys on extreme right on both the pics (Pics 1 - seeing him running / Pic 2 - see him squating )



    There is this "Monkey" keep running after the model from Point A to B. as seen in the pics above.. its damn funny!!! wish I could uplink the video of him running around!

    Why can't you guys get a proper studio and lightings to shoot such pics...and is Models and Gals is the only subject to practice on??????

    Don't give me that "Crab" excuses...!!!!

    The REST ARE HISTORY!!!... My a few cents worth of words...

    Ah,this guy you described him as a 'Monkee' is very appropriate indeed. I covered the last MSW'08 Semis/Preview at EP for one of the sponsors and he was like
    running around after the Preview looking for the contestants to shoot.Also saw him
    at the Ms Earth 2008 and was standing right beside me letting go a barrage of shots at
    a pretty lady guest and later asked for her contact.Soon after he was lost among the crowd
    snaking his way towards the former winners of the pageant which gather around for
    picture taking, I was like geezus! this guy he is so tireless.Perhaps he's the only one
    around which gives photogs a bad name.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  13. #133

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Ah,this guy you described him as a 'Monkee' is very appropriate indeed. I covered the last MSW'08 Semis/Preview at EP for one of the sponsors and he was like
    running around after the Preview looking for the contestants to shoot.Also saw him
    at the Ms Earth 2008 and was standing right beside me letting go a barrage of shots at
    a pretty lady guest and later asked for her contact.Soon after he was lost among the crowd
    snaking his way towards the former winners of the pageant which gather around for
    picture taking, I was like geezus! this guy he is so tireless.Perhaps he's the only one
    around which gives photogs a bad name.

    Hey Zeisser ; thanks....

    Well that "Monkey" maybe one of the Weird and most THICK skin guy... that are lots of similar one... just that they do know how to Conduct themselves... ( Sometimes I just feel like using my Heavy CAMERA and just HIT THEM on the HEAD to wake them up their ideas!!!) hahaahah

    I do not care about whether whoever using a small digital camera or a DSLR ... its how you CONDUCT yourself.

    anyway Zeisser...good job on your Photos ; using Film... hahaha
    Last edited by xirc0m; 23rd November 2008 at 10:46 PM.

  14. #134
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    threads merged

    instead of expecting the admins and mod to do all the work for you
    every member makes the community
    so if you see something, use the report bad post feature

  15. #135

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    threads merged

    instead of expecting the admins and mod to do all the work for you
    every member makes the community
    so if you see something, use the report bad post feature
    i posted something bad?

    i'm sorry. sincerely sorry...

  16. #136

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    threads merged
    so if you see something, use the report bad post feature
    Sorry ...

    I thot report bad post was only for getting rid of irritating spammers ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

  17. #137
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by Stratix View Post
    i posted something bad?

    i'm sorry. sincerely sorry...
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    Sorry ...

    I thot report bad post was only for getting rid of irritating spammers ....
    the report bad post feature is to "report an objectionable post"
    anything that goes against the terms of use
    this report will be highlighted to the admins and mods
    which will then review and action, if needed.

    it is a known fact that there are reporters amongst us
    so since every member makes the community, it is everyone's responsibility to look out for it. if you do not take the necessary action, then do not complain when things go wrong.
    I hope that everyone understands what i am trying to say.

    (btw, i do not shoot XMM)

  18. #138
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    merged another thread

  19. #139

    Default Re: Clubsnap in the news! On newpaper! Sleeze...

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    the report bad post feature is to "report an objectionable post"
    anything that goes against the terms of use
    this report will be highlighted to the admins and mods
    which will then review and action, if needed.

    it is a known fact that there are reporters amongst us
    so since every member makes the community, it is everyone's responsibility to look out for it. if you do not take the necessary action, then do not complain when things go wrong.
    I hope that everyone understands what i am trying to say.

    (btw, i do not shoot XMM)
    I don't actually think this is the best method
    When we thrash it out in the forum and everyone can read it, we discuss what and why we don't like certain actions or directions, this is different from reporting in private
    We need to also discuss what is "objectionable" and why something is "objectionable".

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

    TNP seems to be running out of stories again. When is it news when 90% (my guesstimate) of the photographers visit Clubsnap???

    To put it in other words, "some photographers are into nudes which border on porn". Pick up any good photography book and one section will be on Nudes.

    Or "art school holds nude painting classes". Side story, "budding artist pay $XXX an hour".

    Its like a front page news about couples making out in cars in secluded areas.... it sells but is it anything new? Guess only works in Singapore.....

    One thing though, with the recession coming, it seems like a good advert to earn a decent $150 an hour for some budding talents....
    Last edited by Zplus; 23rd November 2008 at 11:29 PM.

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •