Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Sells - Part 2

Default Re: Sex Sells - Part 2

Well guys, braze yourselves with another round of news fodder 'Sleazy' photographers target
    secondary school girls for lingerie shoots' as advertised in today's Straits Time for this coming
    Sunday's edition of TNP.To quote: One 15 yr complained "Some even try to touch me".

Geezus ! When will it end ?
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Well guys, braze yourselves with another round of news fodder 'Sleazy' photographers target
    secondary school girls for lingerie shoots' as advertised in today's Straits Time for this coming
    Sunday's edition of TNP.To quote: One 15 yr complained "Some even try to touch me".

WAH. HOT.

i'm sure they're getting someone to pose as the 15yr old. haha. the press is desprate for 'news-worthy' stories.

Deregistered

Well Well, But is the girl also at fault that she should know that she is underage to do this kinda shoot and she agree to it and bare full responsiblities ?

if rape. . . different story already .
    both at fault.

vince123123
    Guests

Yea could be a cooked up thing. I suggest that no one respond to any such interviews as press interviews always get slanted/warped/distorted to fit the story they want to project.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    To set the record straight - We are NOT currently contemplating issuing a statement or meeting with representatives of TNP.

If TNP were a responsible news organisation, the least they could have done was to contact us prior to the publication and request for our official statement. We have collaborated with other news agencies and authorities before, and have even managed to circumvent publication of a potentially harmful piece of reporting.

Thus, with regards to this turn of events, I repeat - We will not issue any statement or request clarification from TNP as we do not see any benefit in doing so, and it may in fact create more unwanted interest/attention.
    Hmmm anyway I'm curious, what can CS say on behalf of the photographers?
    The photographers' views are independent of the admin's views, and vice versa.

*shrug* if you ask me, they merely reported what happened. The admin has allowed such shoots to happen, and the threads ran for pretty long even though it's obvious that some of the threads are less than clean. It's relatively responsible reporting. It'll be pretty strange if they choose to report what people want them to.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yea could be a cooked up thing. I suggest that no one respond to any such interviews as press interviews always get slanted/warped/distorted to fit the story they want to project.
    Actually I believe they have actual names + contacts of the girls AND the photographers in questions.

It will be an interesting Sunday read.
    Last edited by Sion; 28th November 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    actually i believe they have actual names + contacts of the girls and the photographers in questions.
    wah. Find the double agent and rid cs of such moles!!! Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    wah. Find the double agent and rid cs of such moles!!! Hahaha.
    We must have our own 007 to fight them.

Blog Entries

rather than speculating, why don't u folks suggest viable ways in FAQ to have legitimate artistic shoots without the sleaze, as Darren suggested earlier?

rather than joking about it, why don't we all come up with something to make CS better?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    rather than speculating, why don't u folks suggest viable ways in FAQ to have legitimate artistic shoots without the sleaze, as Darren suggested earlier?

rather than joking about it, why don't we all come up with something to make CS better?
    To be very honest, sad to say tough. In spite of the fact that the nude shots publicity is banned now in CS, the fact of the matter still remains that in the photoshoot sub-thread, there are still headlines that will never cease to scintillate and titillate (no pun intended). While the taglines are meant to be attention grabbing and in my opinion, there is nothing wrong, people will no doubt be attracted. In that sense, it is very easy for then to sign up in CS just to attend these shoots for the sake of ogling at the models without any real interest in photography itself.

Maybe what the organisers can do is to tone down the advertising of shoots. I know it is a tough call, but to preserve whatever name that is left of CS as a legitimate place of shooters to hang out, IMO this has to be done.

As far as the new article goes in TNP which is 'akan datang', nobody knows if CS is involved or if the model herself got misled into a shoot or whatever the case is. So let us not jump the gun here. Instead, for the moment, let the shoot organisers tone down the headlines first. As it is, there is enough talk about the TNP article to keep this issue going on for a couple more weeks, we do not need another incident to effectively render CS as cesspit for sleazy photogs. With the Sunday article coming up, who knows what repercussions there might be, if indeed it has something to do with CS.

hmmm. i was thinking, why don't we get 2 or 3 of these (reputable) model organizers to become mods. and before anyone wants to actually partake in nude shoots, screen them.

when i say screen, i mean:
    1) ask them to come up with a portfolio
    2) the number of years of experience they have
    3) possibly come up with a simple photo technicalities test (ie how to use a camera, what affects a picture, dof, flash etc)
    4) ask for an artist statement (not sure of the exact term for this)

how? feasible?

anyway, where should i post this in the FAQ side?

Quote Originally Posted by frametology View Post
    hmmm. i was thinking, why don't we get 2 or 3 of these (reputable) model organizers to become mods. and before anyone wants to actually partake in nude shoots, screen them.

when i say screen, i mean:
    1) ask them to come up with a portfolio
    2) the number of years of experience they have
    3) possibly come up with a simple photo technicalities test (ie how to use a camera, what affects a picture, dof, flash etc)
    4) ask for an artist statement (not sure of the exact term for this)

how? feasible?

anyway, where should i post this in the FAQ side?
    Having said all the above .... doesn't it throw out your original "argument" that newbies / noobs will not have a chance to shoot nudes because there are no more organisers ?

With this set of guidelines above ... how do you propose newbies / noobs learn about nude photography?
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    As far as the new article goes in TNP which is 'akan datang', nobody knows if CS is involved or if the model herself got misled into a shoot or whatever the case is. So let us not jump the gun here. Instead, for the moment, let the shoot organisers tone down the headlines first. As it is, there is enough talk about the TNP article to keep this issue going on for a couple more weeks, we do not need another incident to effectively render CS as cesspit for sleazy photogs. With the Sunday article coming up, who knows what repercussions there might be, if indeed it has something to do with CS.
    Between shooting and catching up on some sensational reading material from The New Papers I think I am going to have a very busy Sunday ....

Talk about having a rest on Sunday .... down the drain .....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

**** has hit the fan! lol this is gonna be interesting.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post
    Having said all the above .... doesn't it throw out your original "argument" that newbies / noobs will not have a chance to shoot nudes because there are no more organisers ?

With this set of guidelines above ... how do you propose newbies / noobs learn about nude photography?
    by looking at other website with similar content?

afterall, this thread is about having too much such shoots being organised. there's the lighting, posing (& directing) aspects to any photography. learn those 1st loh.

is this the truth or just a joke? gg

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean View Post

when i said portfolio, i meant other works. i THINK you can judge a person's level of competence by his other works (non-nude) right?

if he submits a crappy portfolio, screws up the test, seems like a sleaze bag and etc, but uses a 1dsmkiii, i wouldn't let him shoot the girls nude. his 1ds proves one thing, he has money and nothing else.

i think you should think of the screening process like DSA schools have.

oh. by the way, there's the site with some good nudes (but at times, they seem overly erotic, so prudes, please don't click the link. and mods, if you think that this is inappropriate, let me know, i'll edit this post) very interesting to seem how bold and fresh foreign photogs take their nudes. i would personally say, DAMN DARING. haha.
    http://www.a****aday.blogspot.com/

I did give a detailed suggestion of what to do.
    The admin didn't respond in anyway or acknowledge the suggestion.
    I guess I'll just have to join in the joking now.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    is this the truth or just a joke? gg

Well let's read and find out what gives this Sunday.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617 ... LastLast