Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tan Kin Lian's petition

Default Re: Tan Kin Lian's petition

Quote Originally Posted by zekai View Post
    i dun like tkl.
    think he could be bitter after exiting ntuc income then the ***.
    already felt he had an agenda to grind after his retirement from ntuc...

guess its personal, do not like him.
    Not sure of whatever grudges he may have but many of his posts have nothing to do with NTUC Income. There are a few thousand posts over a few years, check out his blog

I don't think being an MP is that difficult lah. After all we keep on seeing new MPs who we've never heard of popping up every 5 years right?

Deregistered

haha... TKL for MP? hmmm.. dun wan la... he not user friendly!!!! hahahaa

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post

his executive experience as a CEO will also help him a lot.
    Executive experience, street smarts, concern for the ground, plus grassroots support
    sounds like a good combination.

plus I like his writing style. Straightforward and not emotionally charged
    i'm not sure about that actually;

because frankly speaking it looks like he's got an axe to grind; so while i think it's great we have a voice, we should always question its motives; it is one thing to have it speaking, but to have it in a position where it can make decisions.. well don't you think something more than writing and protesting should be in order?

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2 View Post
    saw his webby before.... he was mentioning something about beware of structured bonds or something before the economy crisis.... then few months later boom, the economy collapse together with the "mini-bonds".
    Btw, "mini-bonds" are not bonds. They are just named that way. Now, would you have known that if no one told you so? Hmm.... so maybe some guys did buy them thinking they are bonds - just smaller sized. IF so, then who's to blame? I think this is the key to the whole "mini-bonds" issue of mis-selling. I mean if a guy can't even read, then should they sign on it? And if they did, did they overly trust the bank.

Anyway, back to TKL for president / MP... I dunno... I never thought that was on his mind until today. Which makes me wonder if this was the plan all along... I do not know the man, only read the blog a couple of times before the "mini-bonds" thing. I thought it was some retired kind soul giving out free advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    i agree. his "help" u sure is help?

NTUC income bonus structure is catered to the welfare of her staffs under then current CEO and NOT spent on this MONOTONE radio adver seriously. i think the bonus structure helps to promote a challenge between agents to spur them to work harder. but under Kim.. whatever his name, he well tries to steal the agents customers away from them and well that isnt the way to do things as a company. NTUC even called me up to give up on my agent and join them direct.

Why would i do so?

an agent can address my needs with a personal touch with claims. plus, if i were to deal with HQ direct when u wanna do claims, haha you call the operator will give u some coock bull story.

its personal experience.

my agent is a Million dollar Round Table member for 6 years straight with means she is the top 5% insurance agent in the world!! so why do they want me to give up her services and she is proven to go with them for much lesser option i still need to go down to their office to sign and Queue. plus my agent makes yummy cheese cakes during CNY. hee but well, i am glad INCOME did the right thing and asked him to leave..

many of you guys are married so you prob have bought insurances etc. i am still in my twenties and i have bought a few too but frankly wouldn't you prefer an agent with personal touch than a company who puts you thru operator after operator??

those who listen to him are probably NOT aware of his entices . he has been bitter since leaving Income and well.... nth much to say lah. if a young punk like me can see thru this pack of lies and "help" he is saying and offereing you ppl who are professionals with lawyers and doctors within the community should be able to see his through him

ps: i am not bitter or anything thou it seems like i am attacking him. like Obama famous quote of change??

YES WE CAN!! lol
    Do you know how much of your insurance premium goes to your Million dollar Round Table member agent? You deserve much much more than cheese cakes during CNY.

How many other political figures have helped others selflessly without reciprocity or pay. People on the sidelines think that its so easy to be altruistic, and that everyone who is altruistic have an agenda.

Lastly, please find me a CEO that is easy to work with and i will gladly send my resume to him. To my knowledge there is no CEO that is easy to work with.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Do you know how much of your insurance premium goes to your Million dollar Round Table member agent? You deserve much much more than cheese cakes during CNY.

How many other political figures have helped others selflessly without reciprocity or pay. People on the sidelines think that its so easy to be altruistic, and that everyone who is altruistic have an agenda.

Lastly, please find me a CEO that is easy to work with and i will gladly send my resume to him. To my knowledge there is no CEO that is easy to work with.
    that will be the new CEO of INCOME. its not know publicity but in fact have you seen how he welcomes his top sales staffs? how many CEO will wait by the door of the restaurant for his staffs to alight from the bus and usher them in?

haha yea la.. but still she doesn't have to do it plus i'm getting really good service. not because of my agent but most agents are nice ppl down to earth folks who are earning and working hard too for a living. MDRT members might seem glamourous but lil do we know how hard they work.

TKL well.... i have said wad i said. we all have our own views which make use humans

if TKY do run for presidency. maybe the car decal of No to KL will sell well

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i'm not sure about that actually;

because frankly speaking it looks like he's got an axe to grind; so while i think it's great we have a voice, we should always question its motives; it is one thing to have it speaking, but to have it in a position where it can make decisions.. well don't you think something more than writing and protesting should be in order?
    Interesting, just a few posts ago you made it seem you had no idea who this guy was and suddenly you seem to know that he's got an axe to grind.

Gathering people together, directing them on a course of action, sharing knowledge, this sounds more than what many politicians do.
    Well let's see what happens. Good and talented men who want to go into politics are hard to find. It can only be good for society.

Interesting, just a few posts ago you made it seem you had no idea who this guy was and suddenly you seem to know that he's got an axe to grind.

Gathering people together, directing them on a course of action, sharing knowledge, this sounds more than what many politicians do.
    Well let's see what happens. Good and talented men who want to go into politics are hard to find. It can only be good for society.
    i took some time to read his blog. give me more credit than that would you? which seems to be more about quoted letters showing his great work than anything else.

he seems to be a good politician, whether he is a man of action remains to be seen (as is the case with most politicians), but like i've said, i don't know the situation in singapore, so i'm judging by his very carefully worded blog, which espouses the online majority view on various issues, like foreign talent, etc, with little justification really. i would like to hear more of how he thinks, rather than what his views are. it reeks very heavily of a planned path into politics - so what's new?
    Last edited by night86mare; 24th November 2008 at 01:54 AM.

Hmmm... with his business background, my guess is he will run for the office of President not MP. Now that he has made his intentions clear it would be good to see who else running for the post? for me I definitely don't want a gov compliant President but a President who will carry on the work of our late President Mr. Ong Teng Cheong, a President with Public interest at heart.

I wonder what slogan? "Change is Coming", "Change you can believe in"

What ever happened to the previous guy? how come suddenly no more news, was the case settled out of court? this is what I hate most about our news media.. they remind me of school on Saturday (no class). Selective reporting.

This time I am hoping no walk-over.

../azul123

Oh, it doesn't mean I endorse TKL... reserved opinion till know who else running for President... need good calibre and independent personalities. Hopefully younger and energetic not someone one leg in grave already.

../azul123

He will not stand a chance; the playing field is NOT level to begin with.

You all THINK, the *** will let us choose a President????
    Wait till you die, it will still not happen.. just like JBJ.

Quote Originally Posted by OldFlower View Post
    He will not stand a chance; the playing field is NOT level to begin with.

You all THINK, the *** will let us choose a President????
    Wait till you die, it will still not happen.. just like JBJ.
    Well.. what can I say?

../azul123

What do you guys think? President or MP, which would be a better role for him?
    Why the sudden interest in him??

Jing, I think with your wonderful powerpacked resume, you can also run for Parliament when you are older.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Why the sudden interest in him??

Jing, I think with your wonderful powerpacked resume, you can also run for Parliament when you are older.
    whenever i think of jing i recall tat shoot done outside the parliament house. and img he at NDP waving in that

We need a strong, objective President who will be able to express the influence of his office when it matters. If TKL can fit the criteria, good. If someone else can come in and run, and can be perceived to be an effective check and balance, props to him/her too.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    whenever i think of jing i recall tat shoot done outside the parliament house. and img he at NDP waving in that
    Kekeke... ....

think for rotation purpose the next EP should be Chinese Origin.....Tony Tan is a better choice to me....

For a person who has been consistently in the top echelon of the society, being dropped like hot potato from CEO job...it's only natural for him to hold a grudge...

However, I find it a bit of concern when one does not speak out against perceived wrongs while being the person-in-charge....and only doing so after being sidelined....
    Last edited by Wibblo; 24th November 2008 at 10:08 AM. Reason: add in
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

I have to thank you guys for providing job security for the mods....

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Posting Guidelines for Kopitiam sub-forum
    • While the Kopitiam sub-forum is not actively moderated, members can be assured that moderators are watching like hawks waiting for prey. Posts/threads which violate ClubSNAP's basic tenets (Click HERE! - for those who didn't memorise upon registering) will be deleted without hesitation or explanation.
    • In addition to the basic tenets, although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
      1. religious,
      2. political,
      3. racist;
      in nature or can be construed as such will also be removed without prejudice.
    Contributed by Darren Lau.

Thread closed.
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12