Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: every dollar is precious now ...

  1. #1

    Default every dollar is precious now ...

    u all know lah, been heard people losing jobs like dropping hair manz !

    better save and spend wisely !
    Last edited by Exposure; 23rd November 2008 at 12:05 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    yes... next yr is going to be worse... hopefully market can recovers soon.
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

  3. #3

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    I agree we shall spend cautiously as uncertainty is waiting for us.so, be happy in what we have and stop dreaming for new lenses, DSLR bodies, gadgets etc.But what if there is a good bargain,just do not know whether I can say no to the temptation or not.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Nooooo.....we must promote economic growth....WE MUST SPEND MORE....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    continue to spend, but spend wisely... so we have been spending rather stupidly
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  6. #6

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    And I'm graduating next year Hiaz...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  7. #7

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Get ready for "Deep Impact"

  8. #8

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    just spent $730 on lense and bag, thought is not a lot but ..... gosh
    Canon eos 400d / 18-55mm / 75-300mm / Sigma 18-200mm

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    And I'm graduating next year Hiaz...
    i have just graduated this year.....WORSE!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Every dollar is precious in the past, present and future.
    Live simply and you will be OK.
    Don't be too impressed when you hear other people talk big.
    People who really have, seldom let go hot air publicly. It's called old money.
    The new money - aka nouveau riche; or worse the pretenders who actually don't have anything like to talk big. Hoping that you will believe them and have a better impression of them or that you will get into a deal with them in which they con you. Watch out for people who ask you to "invest" in some financial instrument or business after talking big about making money easily.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 23rd November 2008 at 01:40 PM.

  11. #11
    Member Deming86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    its funny how it feels like CSers don't seem affected by the recession~ lolx~~
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Every dollar is precious in the past, present and future.
    Live simply and you will be OK.
    Don't be too impressed when you hear other people talk big.
    People who really have, seldom let go hot air publicly. It's called old money.
    The new money - aka nouveau riche; or worse the pretenders who actually don't have anything like to talk big. Hoping that you will believe them and have a better impression of them or that you will get into a deal with them in which they con you. Watch out for people who ask you to "invest" in some financial instrument or business after talking big about making money easily.
    lol, i just put a no of my old secondary sch friends on my samsung hp auto-reject function...i think the best form of investment now is your very own savings.

  13. #13

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Buy gold bars and keep inside the old Khong Guan biscuit tin??

  14. #14

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Buy gold bars and keep inside the old Khong Guan biscuit tin??
    That's how our grand parents and their parents before them did it. Seemed to have worked for them so far.

  15. #15

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    That's how our grand parents and their parents before them did it. Seemed to have worked for them so far.
    My grandparents certainly did not do that, else I would be loaded already. During the war, my parents when they were kids even barbecued cockroaches and rats to eat due to hunger.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    My grandparents certainly did not do that, else I would be loaded already. During the war, my parents when they were kids even barbecued cockroaches and rats to eat due to hunger.
    Barbecue COCKROACHES!!!!
    How to be sure whether they are cooked?

  17. #17

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    My grandparents certainly did not do that, else I would be loaded already. During the war, my parents when they were kids even barbecued cockroaches and rats to eat due to hunger.
    Well, you did ask a rhetorical question, and hence the rhetorical answer.

    I have to say, I *did* wish my grandparents did something similar. Oh wait, they did, just that the soldiers ransacked their village.

  18. #18

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Every dollar is precious in the past, present and future.
    Live simply and you will be OK.
    Don't be too impressed when you hear other people talk big.
    People who really have, seldom let go hot air publicly. It's called old money.
    The new money - aka nouveau riche; or worse the pretenders who actually don't have anything like to talk big. Hoping that you will believe them and have a better impression of them or that you will get into a deal with them in which they con you. Watch out for people who ask you to "invest" in some financial instrument or business after talking big about making money easily.
    Totally agree! Simple living and prudent saving/investing help keeps ones financial health in balance.

  19. #19

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    Barbecue COCKROACHES!!!!
    How to be sure whether they are cooked?
    When it looks crispy?
    Last edited by snowspeeder; 23rd November 2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: wrong word

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: every dollar is precious now ...

    anybody still thinking of buying their 1st dslr?
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •