Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    just to rant.. was abt to close my deal for my D80+grip when the buyer sms me say his yr end bonus got delay so can offer me $500 first BUT he want the camera. If you are working cant you pay full first? and when i offered him that he pay $200 deposit and i will draft a contract and will pass the whole setup to him after he pay full on 19 Dec he refuse and keep insisting he want the camera with deposit of $500. btw we were to deal on 26 when i'm back.

    Do you guys think it's fair? i have told him before hand not to PS as i be having ongoing deals.

    though legally i think a contract is form and it's make known the importance of this deal.

    well just to get it off my chest.. the feeling SUCKS!!! now i need to dig even deeper to pay for my other purchases!!! to that buyer man!! btw he's a new member. always with new members u get these....

  2. #2

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Once the goods in the buyer's hands it will be very difficult to get the remaining $$. After all he got what he wanted, you think he will care about you?

    But can be creative abit. Does he have anything else valuable? Like jewelery or antiques etc. He can pay $500 plus leave his mom's jewelery with you and get his camera. Can redeem the jewelery when his pay check comes in.

  3. #3

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Frankly ... I say "Don't Bother" .....

    These kinds of deals are hard to close and even with a contract ... it is going to be difficult to collect if he does not want to pay .... Go to the police or go to small claims court or what ..... ???

    Taking an item of value from him mean you have to get the item evaluated ... ? That would already cost money .... Why go through all the hassel ....

    Get another buyer in the B&S ....
    Touch the Moments ... Hold the colours of Joy

  4. #4

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    What if he got new playstation/xbox/lcd tv ?

    Anyway you can ask him bring his stuff to the pawnshop with you. After pawning you take $$ he take the ticket. Settled.
    Last edited by ArchRival; 21st November 2008 at 10:50 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    I had a buyer who once messaged me something that went "serious buyer, ready to deal anytime" then OK I had other buyers, but since he messaged me first I decided to keep the others on hold.

    When I started to ask him (same day) when to deal, he ignored my smses, and finally said that he is not interested anymore.

    Seriously well done.


    I think when selling, can always put in the clause that the seller can sell it to anyone as he/she deem fit.

  6. #6
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Once the goods in the buyer's hands it will be very difficult to get the remaining $$. After all he got what he wanted, you think he will care about you?

    But can be creative abit. Does he have anything else valuable? Like jewelery or antiques etc. He can pay $500 plus leave his mom's jewelery with you and get his camera. Can redeem the jewelery when his pay check comes in.
    i tot of giving him the grip only for $200 deposit at least no loss. but he insist $500 just camera with charger. i mean he is a new member only 13 post so i scare la.. if some regular here even if i dunno him i think i can trust. well.. yea i get your pt the thing was because i can only deal on 26nov. i had others too who offer quite gd prices but i HONORED y deal but kenna play out.

    fishy la.. anyway, he calls himself or rather signs off as 'the scientist' just take note. now i need to find $1.6k to not ps my other sellers!! wad amazes me is he is a working fella can't come out $1k first meh? need bonus?
    Last edited by bigbird17; 21st November 2008 at 10:41 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    i tot of giving him the grip only for $200 deposit at least no loss. but he insist $500 just camera with charger. i mean he is a new member only 13 post so i scare la.. if some regular here even if i dunno him i think i can trust. well..
    Just telll him to come back when he has the complete funds, looks like he wants to pull a fast one on you

    HS

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    This is crappy. Imagine if you had deal with someone else on another item and need that cash. However, due to the called off deal you are unable to get the money to fund ur needs and you item has to be delayed.

    stinks..

    Find other buyers bigbird

  9. #9

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    For me, I would not put myself into a situation of deposit , contract etc.
    Its always full cash on delivery, save both parties any heartache and headache.
    That said, a short personal warranty after the sale is reasonable.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by cookieMonsta View Post
    This is crappy. Imagine if you had deal with someone else on another item and need that cash. However, due to the called off deal you are unable to get the money to fund ur needs and you item has to be delayed.

    stinks..

    Find other buyers bigbird
    yeah.. STINKS.. what to do.. people are like that. i will take note not to deal with new members. now that i have turned down 2 buyers b4 thy are not keen liao..

    to HS

    yes to sit down and think i think he is pulling a fast one. in civilised singapore still got such ppl.. i tot i staying utopia

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    For me, I would not put myself into a situation of deposit , contract etc.
    Its always full cash on delivery, save both parties any heartache and headache.
    That said, a short personal warranty after the sale is reasonable.
    yeah i offered 1 wk personal warranty. anyway.. later after using the camera he say spoil haha than say dun wan liao ask me refund $500 i am screwed both ways.. better play safe. prices have dropped!!!

  12. #12
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    bigbird17, glad you did not get suckered into this scam. Stand firm on your decision.

    I had one, asked me for ONE MONTH personal warranty for my Metz flash. What was he smoking? Where can I buy some?

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    bigbird17, glad you did not get suckered into this scam. Stand firm on your decision.

    I had one, asked me for ONE MONTH personal warranty for my Metz flash. What was he smoking? Where can I buy some?
    yeah thanks mate!! 1mth is abit too much. i think 1 wk is more than enough.. normally 3 days. there was an issue between simon_84 and someone before . 1 mth after buying lens suay suay spoil ask him to pay for repair lol..

  14. #14

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    just to rant.. was abt to close my deal for my D80+grip when the buyer sms me say his yr end bonus got delay so can offer me $500 first BUT he want the camera. If you are working cant you pay full first? and when i offered him that he pay $200 deposit and i will draft a contract and will pass the whole setup to him after he pay full on 19 Dec he refuse and keep insisting he want the camera with deposit of $500. btw we were to deal on 26 when i'm back
    don't do contracts

    so mar fun

    sure got buyer will get it at full upfront price, just wait longer

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    don't do contracts

    so mar fun

    sure got buyer will get it at full upfront price, just wait longer
    yeah. ok. because i rejected 2 other buyers who offered slightly higher as he said v keen and tat he is away too and can deal on the 26 nov. :S

    seems like a few D80 fellas kenna fly aeroplane wonder if its the same guy!

    i purchasing a few stuffs and getting them soon so i had highlighted to him i commit to my other sales because of this sale i am doing with him and he say no worries he is a man of his words and that he will get it. thats why i feel so pissed else normally its okay. now need to dig out extra $$ for my stuffs

    yea contracts ma fan plus if he run away with my cam for $500 i be the laughing stock of CS liao LOL and to get back the $$ too troublesome.. wonder if i get back the sum can sue for causing anxiety and me losing trust in people which in turn will cause me to lose substantial future income thru me being unable to work & trust people of which i can live on benefits my whole life

    i am dreaming!!! Talk C**k too much.. hopes a nice buyer comes along. competitive out there man..!!
    Last edited by bigbird17; 22nd November 2008 at 03:00 AM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    cancel it, and find a new buyer.

    once ur cam on his hand, it's his own already....

  17. #17

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    BigBird just a point to note, even some old bird here can't be trusted. Bottom line is show me the money 1st then give him the product. You are not doing some kind of charity work here ya Ask him to go buy from shop lah, I think they will give him the camera first without paying.......
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    BigBird just a point to note, even some old bird here can't be trusted. Bottom line is show me the money 1st then give him the product. You are not doing some kind of charity work here ya Ask him to go buy from shop lah, I think they will give him the camera first without paying.......
    yea.. thanks.. seems like a few bros here in CS also experience same problem of kenna fly aeroplane. but than again at least they inform us earlier than on the day itself when u waiting there no show..

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    yeah thanks mate!! 1mth is abit too much. i think 1 wk is more than enough.. normally 3 days. there was an issue between simon_84 and someone before . 1 mth after buying lens suay suay spoil ask him to pay for repair lol..
    ya funny thing is i don't understand how my plastic mount 18-55mm kit lens works fine for 8 months then suddenly can break down after 1 month plus and is due to the contacts some more...i remembered he has a rather soft handshake so i presume he is someone who will take care of his cam equipment.

    assuming he take the d100 cam out of his bag by grabbing the 18-55mm barrel, the plastic mount sure gone case one...

    i think after this case, i will stop dealing with single or double digit posters already.

    is the 18-70mm still working fine ?
    Last edited by Simon_84; 22nd November 2008 at 04:52 PM.

  20. #20
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: SIAN i hate to kenna fly kite..

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    ya funny thing is i don't understand how my plastic mount 18-55mm kit lens works fine for 8 months then suddenly can break down after 1 month plus and is due to the contacts some more...i remembered he has a rather soft handshake so i presume he is someone who will take care of his cam equipment.

    assuming he take the d100 cam out of his bag by grabbing the 18-55mm barrel, the plastic mount sure gone case one...

    i think after this case, i will stop dealing with single or double digit posters already.

    is the 18-70mm still working fine ?
    yea.. me too stop working with those "newbies" yeah. sis using she wanna get the 18-135 for more reach. i am fine by me. well, i got a new buyer who will confirm by sunday. hope it works out!! then when we deal i was kinda new also what :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •