Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Portable Storage Device!

Hi guys!

As promised... an update.

The $199 offer of the Teramate with 20GB is only valid if you purchase a S2 Pro.

Hahahah... what a downer. I checked with CP and BanLeong already, so do not expect to purchase the Teramate with 20GB at that price.

Anyway, my offer is at $310 (w GST) for the Teramate with Hitachi (IBM) 20GB 4,200rpm.

For those who die die want to buy the Teramate at $199, I can place an order for the S2 Pro for you!

Apologies for those who were too hyped up.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by VincentLin
    Hi guys!

As promised... an update.

The $199 offer of the Teramate with 20GB is only valid if you purchase a S2 Pro.

Hahahah... what a downer. I checked with CP and BanLeong already, so do not expect to purchase the Teramate with 20GB at that price.

Anyway, my offer is at $310 (w GST) for the Teramate with Hitachi (IBM) 20GB 4,200rpm.

For those who die die want to buy the Teramate at $199, I can place an order for the S2 Pro for you!

Apologies for those who were too hyped up.

Cheers!
    i got mine at 199 without buying another item. (want to see the receipt?)
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Did u get yours at $199 from CP ?

Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    i got mine at 199 without buying another item. (want to see the receipt?)
    Aiyah, dun need lar.

CP told me that they sold a few S2 Pros without selling the Teramate. So they have extras left over, and thus they sell seperately at $199 lor.

Aiyah, dun make me feel like I'm a dishonest merchant leh.

Cheers.

Question

What's happening?
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Let's put it this way.

CP's Teramate 20 GB is on offer. Originally, it is an offer that is go with the purchase of a S2 Pro.

Apparently, some folks who bought the S2 Pro didn't want the Teramate. So CP has extras lying around.

For those folks who bought the Teramate 20GB at $199, good for you!

The retail price of the Teramate (case alone) is $159.

I'm offering Teramate 20GB for $310.

For those who were on the list, I will not insist that you want to buy the item.

I believe there is some sort of misunderstanding amongst all of us, to let us believe that the price is $199. I mean, _I_ would buy the Teramate if it was going at $199.

Cheers!

cyke
    Guests

Well, looking at the earlier postings in this thread, Ender did mention that the offer came with the purchase of the S2 Pro.

Unhappy

Let's put it this way.

CP's Teramate 20 GB is on offer. Originally, it is an offer that is go with the purchase of a S2 Pro.

Apparently, some folks who bought the S2 Pro didn't want the Teramate. So CP has extras lying around.

For those who were on the list, I will not insist that you want to buy the item.

I believe there is some sort of misunderstanding amongst all of us, to let us believe that the price is $199. I mean, _I_ would buy the Teramate if it was going at $199.

Cheers!
    Vincent,
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Understand it's one of those " blue light" special.
    miss it ......too bad.
    Looks like I missed the bus.
    For those who got it at $199.00......lucky devil you.

Ha....back to my search again.....

hmm.. maybe we're just so lucky

vincent, good luck to your sale.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Quote Originally Posted by hosm
    Ha....back to my search again.....
    Grab the Teramate at Future Era for $149 then buy a 2nd Hand 10GB HDD at $50-$60. $200+-

I wanted to get the Teramate but was told that there's no external battery pack available yet (though Ban Leong's website lists it as optional). So my main concern back then was "what if the internal batt pack goes bust?"

In the end, the XDrive II might be a better product, albeit at a bit higher price.

Just my 0.02 cents.

:Later,

Let's put it this way.

Cheers!
    I believed a new X-drive II under $300 and able to read 6 cards. Paying $310 for a Teramate do not seem logical. Just thinking out loud.

Let's put it this way.

Cheers!
    Ah well, good deals never last, got to grab them fast! hehe.

Thanks for the effort anyway Vincent but I should point out (as mentioned in one of my earlier posts), the casing alone is being sold at $145 at some shops & a faster 5400rpm 20GB 2.5" HDD is about $175 = $320.

Anyone knows how much a Nixvue Digital Album Lite of DA II will costs?
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Quote Originally Posted by rejang9
    I believed a new X-drive II under $300 and able to read 6 cards. Paying $310 for a Teramate do not seem logical. Just thinking out loud.
    The XSDRive II is going for $199 without HDD. A 20 GB HDD is around 150 at SLS, so that makes it around 350. With a 2 year warranty, immediate availability of the external battery pack, plus the ability to read 6 types of memory cards, I believe it is the best bang for buck portable storage.

The teramate is slightly cheaper right now, but if you need to read SD or MS, then you'll have to buy a $50 SD-CF adaptor, which brings its cost up to the same as the XSDrive II. The teramate would be better if it read SD instead of SM. I think more people would have SD rather than SM, which is limited to Fuji/Olympus bodies.

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Anyone knows how much a Nixvue Digital Album Lite of DA II will costs?
    We (EastGear.com) have a few stocks left over from COMEX 2003

Nixvue DA Lite (w/o HDD) - S$299
    Nixvue DA Lite (20GB) - S$449
    Nixvue DA II (20GB) - S$489
    Nixvue DA II (30GB) - S$549
    Nixvue DA II (40GB) - S$599
    Nixvue DA II (60GB) - S$749
    Free 4-in-1 CF Adaptor OR External AA Battery Pack

The difference between the two is that DA II has video out while DA Lite doesn't.

Kindly call 68371582 to check stock availablity and to avoid disappointment.
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by chriszzz
    The XSDRive II is going for $199 without HDD. A 20 GB HDD is around 150 at SLS, so that makes it around 350. With a 2 year warranty, immediate availability of the external battery pack, plus the ability to read 6 types of memory cards, I believe it is the best bang for buck portable storage.

The teramate is slightly cheaper right now, but if you need to read SD or MS, then you'll have to buy a $50 SD-CF adaptor, which brings its cost up to the same as the XSDrive II. The teramate would be better if it read SD instead of SM. I think more people would have SD rather than SM, which is limited to Fuji/Olympus bodies.
    Yup we are selling the

X-Drive II - $199
    Hitachi 20GB HDD - $150
    Car Charger - $10
    External Battery Pack - $15
    EastGear Pte Ltd
    65 Ubi Crescent, Singapore 408559, Tel: +65 68371582 Fax: +65 68371583

Hmm, me wonders if the external battery pack will work with Teramate?
    Btw, Matthew pls. check your email regarding the PowerBank li-on battery pack. Any luck on finding an adapter for it to work with Quantum cables? i really need to buy another battery pack soon as another of my UnderDogs just died after a long period of faithful service.
    Last edited by cyrilng; 16th September 2003 at 09:28 PM.

Let's put it this way.

Cheers!
    It's alright. Actually I admit I was aware that the $199 was a bundled price with S2, just saw everyone not mentioning it so I kept quiet.

I am still interested in Teramate w/o the HDD (I have one already), where in SLS or Funan is selling and what's the 'best' price offered?

I understand the $159 from ban leong is more like a MSRP, so surely got some shops sell cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    It's alright. Actually I admit I was aware that the $199 was a bundled price with S2, just saw everyone not mentioning it so I kept quiet.

I am still interested in Teramate w/o the HDD (I have one already), where in SLS or Funan is selling and what's the 'best' price offered?

I understand the $159 from ban leong is more like a MSRP, so surely got some shops sell cheaper.
    AFAIK, cheapest is $145 at Future Era at SLS & PK Computer at Funan as mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by EastGear
    Yup we are selling the

X-Drive II - $199
    Hitachi 20GB HDD - $150
    Car Charger - $10
    External Battery Pack - $15

Is your Hitachi/IBM 20GB 5400rpm or 4500rpm? Would it make a difference on devices such as the XDrive & ImageTank?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast