Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Portable Storage Device!

hi,

i bought one of this at CP for just 199...

yes, it is 20 GB.. not 120...

but given that the 20GB harddisk alone would cost about 130 and xdrive another sum of $$$, i can assure u that this is a good buy..

was at CP just now.. .and a lot of people were buying it.... even the Angmos..

i attached a separately bought MS-CF adapter to download those pix stored on my memory stick and also some other from my CF card.. it works wonderfully...

no need for additional drivers when used with Win XP or 2000... it just read as a another harddisk... with USB 2 interface, it's fast enough....

the battery is suppose to be able to take about 3600MB of transfer... it's enough for a short trip... but of course bring the adapter just in case...

only problem, no viewer but at this price, who can complain... hheheehe

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by SianZronG
    you can't. until you bring it home and upload to your com. I did a wedding shoot with the Xdrive lucky i took 2 shots of everything and uploaded them twice into the Xdrive. i got in total of 400+ shots 3 corrupted shots. being stored into the Xdrive dunon it's my cam or the drive.
    There is a known bug on X-drive that will result in possible lost of fragmented files when copying such files from memory card. The fragmented files comes about when you delete any image except the last one and then shoot again. This problem does not occur on X-drive II.

Solutions :

1) Patch the x-drive to firmware 1.04
    2) Don't erase any shots on the camera except the last one.

The problem isn't a very serious one, in the 7000 images between me and my friend on a trip, we have problems with less than 5 of them. Of course, unless it happen to be the most important shot...................

Quote Originally Posted by urban
    Teramate seems like a bargain. of cos there is no lcd preview screen and fanciful features. but it seems like it can act as a portable hdd when i want to copy big files and yet can be brought around for shoots if required.

any one knows what hdd is enclosed?

is CP Cathay Photo?
    yup, CP is Cathay Photo.

So does anyone know what HDD is inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ang
    hi,
    i attached a separately bought MS-CF adapter to download those pix stored on my memory stick and also some other from my CF card.. it works wonderfully...
    Is there a SD-CF adaptor supplied ? If not, how much is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere
    Can you give us a user review on the teramate?
    well, here's what i found out so far..

1. after transferring an almost 2GB of data from CF card, the battery indicator is still halfway.

2. you can transfer/copy the same cf card twice or as much as you like because its creating a diffrent directory in every transfer (e.g. CF000001.. CF00002 and so on..)

3.its the CHEAPEST portable device in town and working properly as expected...
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

whats the price of the teramate without harddisk at CP? If under $100 i go CP queue up....

Quote Originally Posted by erwinx
    whats the price of the teramate without harddisk at CP? If under $100 i go CP queue up....
    if below 100, definitely there's a stampede in CP.
    San Francisco Bay Area California Wedding Photographer
    www.thisisitphotograpy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agila
    well, here's what i found out so far..

1. after transferring an almost 2GB of data from CF card, the battery indicator is still halfway.

2. you can transfer/copy the same cf card twice or as much as you like because its creating a diffrent directory in every transfer (e.g. CF000001.. CF00002 and so on..)

3.its the CHEAPEST portable device in town and working properly as expected...

thanks for that info.

So no one knows what brand of HDD is inside still? When you connect it to your PC, it should show up in device manager as disk drive right?

Was down at CP Marina today....seem like all sold out...including CP Pen Plaza......

Anywhere sell this beside CP?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hosm
    Was down at CP Marina today....seem like all sold out...including CP Pen Plaza......

Anywhere sell this beside CP?

thanks
    Aargh, just when I want to go down to buy it today!

[/QUOTE]Was down at CP Marina today....seem like all sold out...including CP Pen Plaza......[QUOTE]

cheap thing always go very fast.

will go down to CP tomorrow to check out when the newt stock will arrive.

any MO ???

Confirmed no stock, agent also no stock, no word on ETA. *sigh* The casing alone is selling at $145 at PK Computer at Funan, a 20GB 5400rpm 2.5" HDD is about $175.

The casing seems a bit flimsy & only has 2 buttons...I guess for that price can't expect too much so long as it works well but no one has been able to reveal what HDD is bundled with CPs?
    Last edited by cyrilng; 16th September 2003 at 02:20 PM.

Hi guys!

I got three of those Teramates in my shop. Am holding onto them first (in case, you dudes want buy it).

Pricing-wise... I would love to help you guys and sell at CP's price. Can try lor.

Will update here as soon as I tie down with my purchaser.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentLin
    Hi guys!

I got three of those Teramates in my shop. Am holding onto them first (in case, you dudes want buy it).

Pricing-wise... I would love to help you guys and sell at CP's price. Can try lor.

Cheers.
    Argh, I was at Funan today looking for this but didn't go to your shop. Vincent, can I please book one first if it's at $200? I assume it's the 20GB one?
    Last edited by cyrilng; 15th September 2003 at 11:23 PM.

hello Vincent, i have sent you PM, hope you still have stock. if you do not check PM, i wish to reserve 1 piece from you, IF the price is around $200 as stated, wgst. assuming that it is the case with 20gb incl.

i sent you my contact number in the PM feel free to contact me

thank you.

u have stock at $200??!!
    yes, I want one , Vincent.

PLs reserve one for me. Will send u a PM to confirm.

Default hey Vincent

Hi guys!

Cheers.

Hey Vincent,

sent you a pm, i am interested in getting the last piece from you.

contact details in your PM. i can pick it up today.

cheers.
    Canon 40D 17-55mm/f2.8 IS, 50mm/f1.8, 70-200mm/f4 IS

Hi guys!

Cheers.
    Err....Vincent has a shop???

For the sake of those who don't know, i.e. me.

Where's is it located and what's the name of the shop?

Will you be bring in more Teramates?

I couldn't find any review of it online, was worried it may have corruption problems.

Is the copy speed fast? how long does it take for a 1GB CF (assuming full).
    Last edited by Winston; 16th September 2003 at 09:21 AM.

Wink Teramate @ Chamoxa!

Wah... I just woke up and

Anyway, just hang in there for a short space of time. I will update the pricing and personally call those who have PMed me.

[Current List]

1. Cyrilng
    2. normanlai
    3. wong_se

[Waiting List]

1. magixshoe
    2. hosm
    3. bearycute
    4. urban

I must first inform all of you that I will try my best to match CP's selling price. I will be providing Hitachi 20GB 2.5" 4,200rpm.

For those who wish to place an order (other than those who have already PMed me or posted here), call my office at 63388248 or 63396615 and ask for Vincent.

I will try and "stun" all the teramates from my sim lim branch, if possible.

For those who cannot wait for the next delivery of Teramates, I have X-Drive2 and Nixvue products on sale too.

My shop is at Funan the IT Mall, #05-15, Chamoxa (Funan).

Wah... I just woke up and

Anyway, just hang in there for a short space of time. I will update the pricing and personally call those who have PMed me.

[Current List]

1. Cyrilng
    2. normanlai
    3. wong_se

[Waiting List]

1. magixshoe
    2. hosm
    3. bearycute
    4. urban

I must first inform all of you that I will try my best to match CP's selling price. I will be providing Hitachi 20GB 2.5" 4,200rpm.

For those who wish to place an order (other than those who have already PMed me or posted here), call my office at 63388248 or 63396615 and ask for Vincent.

I will try and "stun" all the teramates from my sim lim branch, if possible.

For those who cannot wait for the next delivery of Teramates, I have X-Drive2 and Nixvue products on sale too.

My shop is at Funan the IT Mall, #05-15, Chamoxa (Funan).
    Any idea when's the next delivery?

SLS branch got sell mah??? If so, maybe I go check them out.

(Darn, I live so near Ban Leong themselves, if only I can just pop over and get a set. too bad they don't do retail there. )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast