Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone using netbook?

Talking Re: Anyone using netbook?

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Is the E Gear DVD RW USB an external DVD drive? How much does it cost?

Yup...usb with slot for external 2.5" HDD...
    Last edited by AxeLa; 8th December 2008 at 05:24 PM.
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

Default Re: Anyone using netbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Garion View Post
    Thats a very good deal! You got it on the last day? Now wishing I had looked around Sitex a bit more before buying, kinda regret my impulse buy of the Acer now.
    I got it on Saturday which was one day before the last day of Sitex. On the last day, the price went back up to $699. Yes, pretty good deal. But I think in 2009, the price will be even cheaper. On the positive side, you have used the Acer for a few more days....

For me also I intend to use it for light stuff...photo viewing ok but prolly not photo editing (if u think 10.2" is bad, try 8.9"...lol)...and perhaps some basic word processing as well. Just wondering anyone using Open Office suite on your netbook, does it run/work ok?
    Some S10 users are running open office. My friend who is on Asus 1000H is also running open office. I guess if you want to edit pictures on it, hook it up to a LCD monitor. For me I'd rather do it on my desktop which has got a lot more processing power. I just put Photoshop elements on the netbook for fun I guess.

I did a side by side comparison of Acer Aspire One and Lenovo S10 at Funan recently... the screen size does have quite a significant difference....even to the casual eye the Lenovo's is obviously slightly bigger...but then again its still pretty small compared to the standard notebooks out there. But my one piece of advice for anyone looking to get a netbook is to do a hands on comparison btw all the models first (just like camera bodies), before you take the plunge. Though most netbooks have similar looking specs (e,g sharing same processor and onboard graphics chipset and resolution), there are subtle differences between the various manufacturers offerings...so best to compare, and try before you buy.
    I would agree with you on this. Most of the current netbooks have similar specs. Diff would be in the battery performance and keyboard layout. Personally I think the LG and Samsung have got good keyboard layouts but are hard to upgrade. I went with the Lenovo because of its small size (relative to the 10.2" netbooks) and easy upgrade. It helps that it looks rather nice too.

I got my Lenovo S10 from Sitex (saturday) for $699. (2Gb, 6 cell batt).
    I've installed photoshop on it and it works fine (of course, it's slower than the photoshop on my PC but still not tat bad).

Am gonna try and see if I can install and play World of Warcraft on it next..heheh...

Check out the leaked Sony Netbook.

Sony 8-inch LED backlit 1600x768 screen.

../azul123

seem like S10 price up after SITEX
    so far cheapest I can find is $749, 6 cell + 2 GB

Quote Originally Posted by vaxvms View Post
    seem like S10 price up after SITEX
    so far cheapest I can find is $749, 6 cell + 2 GB
    when is the next computer show?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    when is the next computer show?

think march

I have a HP2133 ....

Used this strictly for surfing and emails, and bring it when travelling oversea.

Only 2 problems: 1) too hot, and 2) battery is about 1.5 hours max.... usually i plugged and used it in air-con room.
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Someone told me there is a utility from MSI Wind forum that they created to resized it to 1024x768.

http://forums.msiwind.net/viewtopic....ing%20switcher

Have not tried it yet, so do it at own peril.

../azul123
    Yes.. u can resize w/o installing any software.. just change the refresh rate. I have installed CS3 on my U100.. likewise u can do that for Eee1000H
    Last edited by Catalyst; 5th January 2009 at 10:48 PM.

seem like lenovo S10 price is increasing...maybe bcos demand > supply

Asus EEE PC 1000H - $668 is cheaper

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234