Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: In house studio

  1. #1

    Default In house studio

    HI everyone,

    Just to find out if anyone set up a studio in your own house and where can get all the equipments. What is the cost? Any low budget one?? Thinking of setting up one and do some product photography. Pls advice thanks

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: In house studio

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Balestier
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: In house studio

    or you can try ruby photos at peninsular plaza but they close at 7pm everyday
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

  4. #4

    Default Re: In house studio

    HI Thanks for all these adivce. Just wanna to ask is product photography hard to learn??? I do know a few stuffs light the main light, fill light, backgroud light and the rim light. But how do I control all these lighting?? Can any expert adivce on this or where can I learn all thses??
    Canon 40D Canon 24 -105mm 4Lf / Tokina 11-16mm 2.8f / EX 580 MkII

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Balestier
    Posts
    568

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by mactech View Post
    HI Thanks for all these adivce. Just wanna to ask is product photography hard to learn??? I do know a few stuffs light the main light, fill light, backgroud light and the rim light. But how do I control all these lighting?? Can any expert adivce on this or where can I learn all thses??
    try here www.strobist.com you will learn alot about lightings..this is also where the experts learn from...
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: In house studio

    if you cannot decide and only want to "try try" visit http://www.diyphotography.net/homest...ighting-needed

    some are the gizmo are easy to make

    Personally I tried this http://www.diyphotography.net/homest...ple-light-tent using a box from my office... the output is acceptable... eventually I throw is away as I not really into product photography.
    MyFlickr
    Look for more and you'll see more

  7. #7

    Default Re: In house studio

    Yeah, those DIY light tents are quite good, I made one myself using a tent and results are pretty good...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by mactech View Post
    HI Thanks for all these adivce. Just wanna to ask is product photography hard to learn??? I do know a few stuffs light the main light, fill light, backgroud light and the rim light. But how do I control all these lighting?? Can any expert adivce on this or where can I learn all thses??

    Product shoot are not easy, and also not hard. I use my study room at home for a super amateur studio, and I practice a lot.

    These are my setup:

    Background: 4 metres of black fabric, can't afford the real background paper. And a small white one for small product shoot.

    Lighting: One lighting boom mounted on the wall (buy second hand $50), one mini strobe and mini softbox (buy second hand $250), two lightstands with umbrella holders, 3 flashes (SB-600, SB-26, & Yashica CS240), one diffuser umbrella, one reflective umbrella, and also DIY snoot and honeycomb.

    Tripod: with ballhead or 3-way panhead (depens on what I shoot).

    I built it slowly over more than a year... can't spend much on this hobby...

    Where I learn: http://strobist.blogspot.com/ and books! There are many books in the library on lighting.

    Result? Quite okay for an amateur like me... hahaha...











    My 2 cents.
    Last edited by voldisinarta; 21st November 2008 at 10:06 AM.
    Achetez ce que vous souhaitez, pas ce que vous voulez...

  9. #9
    Member Deming86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: In house studio

    yup. Been looking at some studio equipment sites and tangotech seems to be the most affordable so far. I also feel tempted to get these studio equipment to try out at home, but kinda worried that it will turn into a white elephant. Most probably will try to DIY as much as possible! Mahjong paper anyone? ;P
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

  10. #10

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by Deming86 View Post
    yup. Been looking at some studio equipment sites and tangotech seems to be the most affordable so far. I also feel tempted to get these studio equipment to try out at home, but kinda worried that it will turn into a white elephant. Most probably will try to DIY as much as possible! Mahjong paper anyone? ;P
    same-same. bought a muslin from tagotech. see sample of "home studio"
    http://jarrodstone.multiply.com/jour.../Home_Studio_2
    http://jarrodstone.multiply.com/jour...p_-_first_test

    bought black velvet from Joo Chiat Complex and it becomes a portable backdrop to take photos of babies..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jarrodstone/2978574120/
    Last edited by bblurrr; 21st November 2008 at 03:44 PM.
    MyFlickr
    Look for more and you'll see more

  11. #11

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by voldisinarta View Post
    Product shoot are not easy, and also not hard. I use my study room at home for a super amateur studio, and I practice a lot.

    These are my setup:

    Background: 4 metres of black fabric, can't afford the real background paper. And a small white one for small product shoot.

    Lighting: One lighting boom mounted on the wall (buy second hand $50), one mini strobe and mini softbox (buy second hand $250), two lightstands with umbrella holders, 3 flashes (SB-600, SB-26, & Yashica CS240), one diffuser umbrella, one reflective umbrella, and also DIY snoot and honeycomb.

    Tripod: with ballhead or 3-way panhead (depens on what I shoot).

    I built it slowly over more than a year... can't spend much on this hobby...

    Where I learn: http://strobist.blogspot.com/ and books! There are many books in the library on lighting.

    My 2 cents.
    Wow you got a few nice pic thanks all for all the advice i will try DIY then see the the effect 1st.
    Canon 40D Canon 24 -105mm 4Lf / Tokina 11-16mm 2.8f / EX 580 MkII

  12. #12
    Member Deming86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by bblurrr View Post
    same-same. bought a muslin from tagotech. see sample of "home studio"
    http://jarrodstone.multiply.com/jour.../Home_Studio_2
    http://jarrodstone.multiply.com/jour...p_-_first_test

    bought black velvet from Joo Chiat Complex and it becomes a portable backdrop to take photos of babies..
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jarrodstone/2978574120/
    Hahaa yeah those kinda pics are the reason why i wanna have a home studio to take pictures for my family! heez.. How did you put up your muslin?
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

  13. #13

    Default Re: In house studio

    Quote Originally Posted by Deming86 View Post
    Hahaa yeah those kinda pics are the reason why i wanna have a home studio to take pictures for my family! heez.. How did you put up your muslin?
    sorry lah did not response so soon. was traveling out of SG. Anyway got to big clips (clamps) from Tagotech too to hold the muslin
    MyFlickr
    Look for more and you'll see more

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •