Thread: Bulk FIlm

jermng
    Guests

Default Bulk FIlm

Hi all,
    What is bulk film? What's the difference between bulk film and normal film? I heard there is some fi;m which you roll yourself and put into camera (If I'm not wrong). How is this done and what equipment is needed? Thanks!!

Jerm

you will need a bulk loader and a changing bag. Bluestrike has a very gd tutorial on how to do it:
    http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?...lk_loading.htm

traveller, found ur loader already ??? i still havent even load one ..

Quote Originally Posted by jermng
    Hi all,
    What is bulk film? What's the difference between bulk film and normal film? I heard there is some fi;m which you roll yourself and put into camera (If I'm not wrong). How is this done and what equipment is needed? Thanks!!

Jerm
    Normal film comes in individual boxes (each roll) and is properly machine-rolled into a film canister.

Bulk film comes "naked" sealed inside a metal tin and needs to be manually loaded using a bulk loader into the empty film canisters (can get from processing labs). It is recommended to load same kind of film into same kind of canisters, so it's easier to remember things like ISO. If you want to use DX coding on your camera to locate ISO setting then have to be careful.