Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Paris photo trip.. Izzit safe? Any tips?

Default Re: Going to Paris photo trip.. Izzit safe? Any tips?

btw, we even shot at night around 1am as it was a 36 hrs competition. So its generally safe. in fact u see policemen everywhere especially near the eiffel tower. Their metro is very efficient.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

It is good to be cautious since coming from Singapore, we sometimes tend to let our guards down. However, also don't get overly worry about it either. An example: You see people get chopped up in Monkok in the movies all the time but generally it is quite safe walking past mid-night there.

Based on my past experiences in Paris, i think it's relatively safe. Just be on your guard, especially at touristy places, same as any other countries, including Singapore. One spot that i know of crime taking place is when my Uncle was pickpocket at near the Champs Elysee.

And yes, Parisian usually dont like to speak English and things are very expensive now that it's in EUro (the recent crisis helps though..)

yeah, its damn expensive and little rice. I was wishing for maggie mie.
    Chanxj
    my blog @ http://sgsnap.com

Quote Originally Posted by faineant View Post
    You must have had a bad day to pick on my input for the TS.

Nevertheless, my point is that; to say that Paris is Definitely safe; is misleading. Simple concept which I'm sure you would agree; based on your reply. No personal attacks.

I'm sure the TS is wise enough to know that in my whole post, my advice was not just to fight. Perhaps I wasn't clear but I meant 'fight' to mean fight off(a.k.a shove him away) the drunk if he tries anything funny. Believe me it can happen because it happened to me.

Perhaps what most people are trying to tell you(Threadstarter); don't be so paranoid but you do need to take precautions, which is essentially the same almost anywhere in the world.
    I am amused by your two posts.

It is ok to disagree with someone's post but no need to be judgmental and call my statement "misleading".

When someone disagree with your post, you think he has a bad day.

Simply amusing
    D3 D800 RX-1 X100 E-M5 My flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12