Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 爱与等待.

Default Re: 爱与等待.

Quote Originally Posted by tirimasu View Post
    *CLAP* *CLAP* Well said..
    Quote Originally Posted by tirimasu View Post
    It seems to me you starting to get defensive? Open up and take in suggestions and learn those which you think are good... Now you look more like you are closing your doors to others..

nono. please dont get mistaken, if i am only hear to hear nice things, i seriously wouldnt post my photo up in the critique corner. the critique corner, well , is for fellow csers to comment so we can improve each other's photography!

i am taking all these comments seriously.. and i am just responding to them that's all! please do misunderstand!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    usually, I don't comment much about technical aspects on photos post in Critique Corner, for that, you can get it else where.

I will pay more attention on the "content" of the photo, the subject, the message, the story etc..

You do have a story, but the photo you show here, does not carry, portray, or illustrate what you want to tell people, this is what I meant in my initial post.

You can have a technically perfect, nice composition, well processed photo, but photo without, or can't tell a message, it is still a snap shot.

You need to link all the key elements in your story into the photo, if you can't, than use a series of photos, to tell people about the relationship between all the elements in your photo........like....

You can take a long shot of your dad standing beside the pick up....

You can take a long shot of your mum walking towards your dad....

you can take a shot of your dad in foreground and when your mum walking towards him....

you can take a shot of your mum in foreground and when she is walking towards your dad....

guess you are right! i should have taken these into considerations! catchlight, can you coment on the technicalitites of this photo , too, other than the context perse?

Quote Originally Posted by eloera View Post

guess you are right! i should have taken these into considerations! catchlight, can you coment on the technicalitites of this photo , too, other than the context perse?
    Ok, just the photo alone.
    #1, white balance is a little off,
    #2, is a little soft, it would be you are shooting wide open, or speed is too low for handheld, or even both.
    #3, cropping is terrible, should include some part of his body.
    #4, there is not much merit on the composition in this photo, except you did leave enough room at his front, and placement of his eye at the golden intersection point.
    #5, when photographing a person, try not to capture more eye white than the purple, it will make the person look eerie or odd.

but than again, when a photo many people consider as great or good, will not always be technically perfect, but it does tell a story or evoke emotion.

hope this help.

Quote Originally Posted by eloera View Post
    i was sitting at the back seat when i shot this. My parents have been married for a long time , and still , it's like a love-hate relationship of a young relationship. They dont talk much these days , but dad picks mum up from work every single day.

爱与等待.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12