Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: 爱与等待.

  1. #1

    Default 爱与等待.

    i was sitting at the back seat when i shot this. My parents have been married for a long time , and still , it's like a love-hate relationship of a young relationship. They dont talk much these days , but dad picks mum up from work every single day.



    爱与等待.

  2. #2

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Is it me, or there is a greenish hue to the pic?
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

  3. #3

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by nigel84 View Post
    Is it me, or there is a greenish hue to the pic?
    hello, i took this in the late afternoon/evening, with a b+w filter , with minimal pp. Not sure why there's a blueish greenish hue to it!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Ya... Try to get rid of the hue there and increase your contrast for this shot.. n wala~

  5. #5

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by tirimasu View Post
    Ya... Try to get rid of the hue there and increase your contrast for this shot.. n wala~
    lol.. i actually decrease the contrast as i wanted this picture to be softer. By increasing the contrast, i will darken the colours of my dad's face and it will not blend as well to the sky!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Yea.. your shot looks soft.. Not sharp.. Thats my own preference...

  7. #7

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Maybe u should have taken the shot abit further back, show ur dad standing/leaning against the truck so that it would look more like he is waiting
    "If triangles had Gods, they would be three-sided"
    Flickr|

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by eloera View Post
    i was sitting at the back seat when i shot this. My parents have been married for a long time , and still , it's like a love-hate relationship of a young relationship. They dont talk much these days , but dad picks mum up from work every single day.



    爱与等待.
    what you want to tell people, does no show in this photo.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    what you want to tell people, does no show in this photo.
    me catch no ball.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  10. #10

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Uh huh, it doesn't show.
    cheguthamrin, I think catchlights meant it 'does not show in this photo'.

  11. #11

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Maybe as part of a series it'll work better. A lack of context is the issue, aside from technicalities. Sad though, I share his pain.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  12. #12

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by EOS Revolution View Post
    Maybe u should have taken the shot abit further back, show ur dad standing/leaning against the truck so that it would look more like he is waiting
    yeaps, i will love to too. but my dad is camera shy. and if i actually got out of the car to take this shot , he would have known.


    haha. but i do get what you mean.

  13. #13

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    what you want to tell people, does no show in this photo.
    i think showing more of his body ,or his body language can transmit the message further.
    but i think when it comes to people portraiture, especially those of candid/natural, and you cant control their body poses, but rather feel it from their eyes and mood of the picture. and in this picture, maybe because i understand and know my dad , it speaks even more to me.


    and in this particular picture, space constraint is my limitation . i was in the back seat looking up at my dad .

  14. #14

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Maybe as part of a series it'll work better. A lack of context is the issue, aside from technicalities. Sad though, I share his pain.




    marriage is a tough road,and i think what makes it worse is when both gives up even on communiciation, which is pretty much the only way things out.

  15. #15

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    Uh huh, it doesn't show.
    cheguthamrin, I think catchlights meant it 'does not show in this photo'.
    Am not referring to catchlights la..

    I dont know the title, dont know the message, it doesnt sum up for the general audience.
    I cant relate to anything.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  16. #16

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Alamak, you quoted catchlights what.

  17. #17

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    Alamak, you quoted catchlights what.
    Apologies, I meant that I agreed with him, that I catch no balls about this thread.

    A write up, is not an expression of feelings, or like a composition writing, elaborated story telling; please use the guidelines given; read up more examples, and start taking photos with someone who knowledgeable about this stuffs who can pin point and impart some skills.

    I believe we are all here to help each other, but we have to help ourselves first with the basics, right?
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  18. #18
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    22,019

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    usually, I don't comment much about technical aspects on photos post in Critique Corner, for that, you can get it else where.

    I will pay more attention on the "content" of the photo, the subject, the message, the story etc..

    You do have a story, but the photo you show here, does not carry, portray, or illustrate what you want to tell people, this is what I meant in my initial post.

    You can have a technically perfect, nice composition, well processed photo, but photo without, or can't tell a message, it is still a snap shot.

    You need to link all the key elements in your story into the photo, if you can't, than use a series of photos, to tell people about the relationship between all the elements in your photo........like....

    You can take a long shot of your dad standing beside the pick up....

    You can take a long shot of your mum walking towards your dad....

    you can take a shot of your dad in foreground and when your mum walking towards him....

    you can take a shot of your mum in foreground and when she is walking towards your dad....



    .
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    usually, I don't comment much about technical aspects on photos post in Critique Corner, for that, you can get it else where.

    I will pay more attention on the "content" of the photo, the subject, the message, the story etc..

    You do have a story, but the photo you show here, does not carry, portray, or illustrate what you want to tell people, this is what I meant in my initial post.

    You can have a technically perfect, nice composition, well processed photo, but photo without, or can't tell a message, it is still a snap shot.

    You need to link all the key elements in your story into the photo, if you can't, than use a series of photos, to tell people about the relationship between all the elements in your photo........like....

    You can take a long shot of your dad standing beside the pick up....

    You can take a long shot of your mum walking towards your dad....

    you can take a shot of your dad in foreground and when your mum walking towards him....

    you can take a shot of your mum in foreground and when she is walking towards your dad....



    .

    *CLAP* *CLAP* Well said..

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    694

    Default Re: 爱与等待.

    Quote Originally Posted by eloera View Post
    i think showing more of his body ,or his body language can transmit the message further.
    but i think when it comes to people portraiture, especially those of candid/natural, and you cant control their body poses, but rather feel it from their eyes and mood of the picture. and in this picture, maybe because i understand and know my dad , it speaks even more to me.


    and in this particular picture, space constraint is my limitation . i was in the back seat looking up at my dad .
    It seems to me you starting to get defensive? Open up and take in suggestions and learn those which you think are good... Now you look more like you are closing your doors to others..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •