Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Retrench only as 'last resort'

Default Re: Retrench only as 'last resort'

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    the best job you can have now is to be a student, you won't know the full impact of the axe or golden handshake until you are given one.
    As a student, you can debate all you want about how things should be and not know a crap about what the industry is going through.

Anyway, just read on papers, internet news, digest and talk a load of theories but have little 'experience' (if any) on it.

Paper generals we have a lot in here.
    I like your signature... “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” is that a real quote from him?

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 20th November 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Another thing that was said is that FT first then locals, I wonder how they think that can be enforced?

../azul123
    enforced? i think more like recommend oni. the keyword is guidelines. cannot scare off investors mah, the tripartite "khakis" must be some close friends.

Like some here, I also wounder, gov say retrench only as a LAST RESORT but DBS and NOL already retranch.

So does that mean that DBS and NOL, which is gov link with ministers on their Board Of Directors, don't follow/consider/agreed with gov or are they in so deep sh*t that they are resorting to this LAST RESORT?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    enforced? i think more like recommend oni. the keyword is guidelines. cannot scare off investors mah, the tripartite "khakis" must be some close friends.
    Yeah, I know that..

maybe the oni resort they know is the wan where people on holiday go? year end is near so let people go on "holiday"...

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    Like that than I think someone forgot to tell DBS and NOL that they are the gov's kakis or maybe they are the Blue Eye Boys so can do no wrong?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Companies are not obligated to follow, DBS is one such example.

../azul123
    I don't believe this is single person decision.....interestingly....who is the biggest shareholder of this company?

Smile Re: Retrench only as 'last resort'

these are only publicly announced retrenchments. what about those unannounced ones? this is only the tip of the iceberg. more and more drastic ones to come. it remains a guidelines. no legislation in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Like that than I think someone forgot to tell DBS and NOL that they are the gov's kakis or maybe they are the Blue Eye Boys so can do no wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    but den they'll say they can please everybody? as long as their tripartite buddies r happy can liao?

somebody betta tell them dun always dish out bitter pills, wait local economy get hooked on drugs!!

If I'm running any company, retrenchment is a very attractive solution to cutting cost.

It's either you let a few people go, or you let the company go down and let everyone go.

Just like many of you have said, guidelines are just guidelines. If it's not the law, no one will follow. It's basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Parka View Post
    If I'm running any company, retrenchment is a very attractive solution to cutting cost.

It's either you let a few people go, or you let the company go down and let everyone go.

Just like many of you have said, guidelines are just guidelines. If it's not the law, no one will follow. It's basic economics.
    Yes, we all know that... just sick of the wayang, that's all.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I don't believe this is single person decision.....interestingly....who is the biggest shareholder of this company?
    I think it'll be even more interesting who sits on their Board Of Directors

Yes, we all know that... just sick of the wayang, that's all.

../azul123
    ya lor,

all guildlines are bullshit. My wife just given birth in 28 aug. Government guildline say backdate to 17th aug will have 4 month maternity leave.

who listen??? Even Chartered semi (GLC company) also think government guildline is wayang and never follow..... give only 3month leave. And the extra month is paid by the government, not the company.....

OT: I think my wife company is really a terrible company.... u must really to be in it to see how terrible the HR treat the employees. I dun understand why my wife wants to stay on in that company.

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    ya lor,

all guildlines are bullshit. My wife just given birth in 28 aug. Government guildline say backdate to 17th aug will have 4 month maternity leave.

who listen??? Even Chartered semi (GLC company) also think government guildline is wayang and never follow..... give only 3month leave. And the extra month is paid by the government, not the company.....

OT: I think my wife company is really a terrible company.... u must really to be in it to see how terrible the HR treat the employees. I dun understand why my wife wants to stay on in that company.
    Now not good time to make sudden moves, stay put is still better... bear until better time for move.

It will get worse.

../azul123

ya lor,

Not sure about the Baby guildlines but maybe can check with MOM?

ya lor,

u should be really glade ur wife thinks for the family and stay put in the company. if she leaves now, given the crisis, can u be sure she will get a job soon with similar income? can u handle as a sole bread winner?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

also...Ta Ma Sick is not ur wife's company's major shareholder right?

if so...lagi difficult to claim tat extra 1 month
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    Ta Ma Sick

Took me a while to decipher. Damn I'm slow today.

../azul123

They already retrenched in September, late Sep I remember. Why do I remember so clearly? I was shooting wedding, sat in the bros car, I think 2 kena retrenched. Even went to the company outside for photoshoot. LOL! Classic.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast