Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you see someone carrying a big camera bag, and you are carrying 1 too. will you...

Default Re: If you see someone carrying a big camera bag, and you are carrying 1 too. will yo

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpew View Post
    slightly OT, but I always kenna stop by MRT security uncle/auntie all the time while carrying video-cam box equipment. These are slightly huge silver-rimmed mat black boxes. When they ask me what is inside, I always reply 'lazer gun.'
    Wrong answer.... The correct reply should be "Laser gun!", then point your finger and shout "Pew! Pew!"

Default Re: If you see someone carrying a big camera bag, and you are carrying 1 too. will yo

I'll feel inferior in such case as I'm only carrying a Prosumer.. But noticed a lot of youngster (17-20) carrying D-SLR everywhere nowadays.. Makes me wonder is it really passion or is it more like a trend to them..

But anyway, back to topic, I'll smile at the fellow photographer..

Quote Originally Posted by bennquek View Post
    I'll feel inferior in such case as I'm only carrying a Prosumer.. But noticed a lot of youngster (17-20) carrying D-SLR everywhere nowadays.. Makes me wonder is it really passion or is it more like a trend to them..

But anyway, back to topic, I'll smile at the fellow photographer..
    Nothing wrong with carrying a smaller camera wat. Why feel inferior?

I always thought that the youngsters I see in town with DSLRs are design students, most of them look like the art school type to me.

And to answer the threadstarter's original question, I silently acknowledge the presence of the photographer. No point smiling or being overly friendly, people might get the wrong impression

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    speaking from photoshoot organiser's point-of-view?
    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    Can I be your buddy?
    hahaa~
    photography is fun!

actually girls quite good at photography also leh, look at those camwhoring pictures, angle + aiming 100% bulleye one. haha.

albinosage:

haha will feel weird ma, like kinda out of place like that..

As for the case abt youngster carrying D-SLR, I'm not talking about those NAFA or Laselle's student, but never mind the issue cos' the terms/names might not be very nice, as I really cant find a more diplomatic term for it..

Haha, on the otherhand, I feel more out of place carrying a big camera. When I was using a consumer level DSLR, I used to joke with my friends that those hobbists you see around with excessive gear, are overcompensating the size of their lens for something else. (Don't flame me for this comment, we made this joke amongst ourselves based on actual people we know who are insecure about their photography gear and treat the hobby like an arms race )

Now that I have upgraded my camera, I don't bring it out as often, if not sure kanna suan by my friends

Ask that person how much he/she paid for it. If cheaper, say I got mine cheaper and you kenna chop carrot head. If mine costs more, just 'tiam tiam' walk away, cursing and swearing.

By the way, all my camera bags are ENORMOUSLY BIG, how big is the TS's definition of 'big'. My biggest looks more like a chest, but can be carried around like a bag. My smallest bag is a Domke J-1.
    Last edited by photobum; 19th November 2008 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJerry View Post
    Aiyoh... nobody cares lar.
    People bring dslr is very common now.. nothing special...
    Many people bring dslr camera along Orchard road during the weekend.

Agree, what's the deal with carrying a DSLR.
    Pictures always should have a special story behind it or a special meaning to the photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-Love View Post
    hahaa~
    photography is fun!

actually girls quite good at photography also leh, look at those camwhoring pictures, angle + aiming 100% bulleye one. haha.
    not sure, but i think some gals started with NeoPrints (those photo-sticker booths).

I will just try and identify which camera he is using.

i rarely do smile at them unless they look at my direction too .

dslrs are nothing new. its like replaced PnS nowadays. isee even lil kids using it.. lil kids i mean primary school aged.. 10yrs or so..

i saw this girls using it too... i dont think they were serious about photography..

also.. DSLRS are something that is part of learning today. I have a cousin in NAFA and my sis in LaSelle SIA college of the arts, both taking arts but their foundation year requires them to learn about photography which is compulsory and they get one . in my case, both my sis and cousin borrowed mine...

Quote Originally Posted by solar View Post
    compare if he's bigger or i'm bigger.

i mean e lens. LOL
    lol!!!

Just smile and nod...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

normally.. i will look at their gear and wonder when can i get 1 like this...

Quote Originally Posted by bennquek View Post
    More like a trend... They think they'll look more pro and take pictures that look pro.

Emphasis on the "think".

I'd be more interested in the guy walking around with a 30-year-old Leica.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by albinosage View Post
    Wrong answer.... The correct reply should be "Laser gun!", then point your finger and shout "Pew! Pew!"

If i saw a fellow photographer (with big telephotos), I'd go up to him and ask:

'Can I touch your lens? '

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Ask that person how much he/she paid for it. If cheaper, say I got mine cheaper and you kenna chop carrot head. If mine costs more, just 'tiam tiam' walk away, cursing and swearing.

By the way, all my camera bags are ENORMOUSLY BIG, how big is the TS's definition of 'big'. My biggest looks more like a chest, but can be carried around like a bag. My smallest bag is a Domke J-1.
    Can attest that Phoa's bag is BIG....DAMN BIG....me wayang wanted to lift his bag with one hand...wah piang...Nah Bu Qi Lai

btw..as much as I can I will smile...

on trip to Hanoi my fren told me that he kenna Siong / Stared at by 2 SG Photogs....so he stare back....how I noe they SG.....because we came to Hanoi on same plane...
    Last edited by Wibblo; 20th November 2008 at 06:03 PM.
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Quote Originally Posted by Wibblo View Post
    Can attest that Phoa's bag is BIG....DAMN BIG....me wayang wanted to lift his bag with one hand...wah piang...Nah Bu Qi Lai

btw..as much as I can I will smile...

on trip to Hanoi my fren told me that he kenna Siong / Stared at by 2 SG Photogs....so he stare back....how I noe they SG.....because we came to Hanoi on same plane...
    how touching...

i will ask the person if he's selling any second hand equipment and try to get a good deal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast