Thread: Needs help for email setting ... !!

Default Needs help for email setting ... !!

help help ... anyone knows how to set smtp mail server and pop server????

i'm using yahoo mail and wanna use to recevie and send mail via Outlook , and was prompt to key in the smtp and pop server ... i only know the pop server for yahoo mail is pop.mail.yahoo.com , but dunno the smtp, thus i only can recevied but cannot send mail ...

anyone knows how ???? or is there any site to determine those pop and smtp server name???

HA !! i know where to find SMTP yahoo server liao ...

now the qns again ... i'm using eudoramail ... anyone knows the smtp server for eudoramail ???

thanks

are you using the yahoo.com.sg?
    log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/email forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there.
    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    help help ... anyone knows how to set smtp mail server and pop server????

i'm using yahoo mail and wanna use to recevie and send mail via Outlook , and was prompt to key in the smtp and pop server ... i only know the pop server for yahoo mail is pop.mail.yahoo.com , but dunno the smtp, thus i only can recevied but cannot send mail ...

anyone knows how ???? or is there any site to determine those pop and smtp server name???

Quote Originally Posted by meng
    are you using the yahoo.com.sg?
    log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/email forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there.
    oh no no no ... i wann ause my outlook to recevie and send email from yahoo and eudoramail ...

by they way i know the pop and smtp server of yahoo and pop server of eudoramail, but still dunno the smtp server of eudora ...

thasnk meng ~

i mean are you using the email from yahoo.com.sg? or yahoo.com?
    as far as I know of, the server settings for pop access are the same regardless of email programs used.
    oh no no no ... i wann ause my outlook to recevie and send email from yahoo and eudoramail ...

by they way i know the pop and smtp server of yahoo and pop server of eudoramail, but still dunno the smtp server of eudora ...

thasnk meng ~

MSN recently introduce some security measures to deter 3rd party software from connecting to their MSN services. not sure if yahoo will do the same ...

thasnk meng ~

Quote Originally Posted by meng
    i mean are you using the email from yahoo.com.sg? or yahoo.com?
    as far as I know of, the server settings for pop access are the same regardless of email programs used.
    yahoo.com.sg ~~ i have no probs with yahoo mail using outlook ... now i just dunno smtp for eudoramail ...

the smtp setting should be inside outlook setting under account

yahoo.com.sg ~~ i have no probs with yahoo mail using outlook ... now i just dunno smtp for eudoramail ...

Quote Originally Posted by oceanxp
    the smtp setting should be inside outlook setting under account
    no lehz ... coz i am suppose to key in the smtp and pop server name ...

log in via yahoo homepage and go to options/forwarding and pop access. Then check that the option to receive and send emails via outlook/eudora etc is on. The pop and smtp server names will be stated there