Thread: World Rally CHampionship: Recommendation for film and lense usage

Default World Rally CHampionship: Recommendation for film and lense usage

Yay!! The WRC is finally here. I will be going to the forest stages this weekend, bloody excited. What equipment should I bring ? They are all listed below... . Not sure if I shld lug the flash ard, or the tripod. I should be using Superia400 this time round, hope it is fast enough to freeze the action when I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    Yay!! The WRC is finally here. I will be going to the forest stages this weekend, bloody excited. What equipment should I bring ? They are all listed below... . Not sure if I shld lug the flash ard, or the tripod. I should be using Superia400 this time round, hope it is fast enough to freeze the action when I want to.

wow u lucky devil! am a newbie here so cannot advise on what you should use but just immensely jealous of you. more pics of the 555 team please.

regards
    my flickr account

Quote Originally Posted by marcwang
    It will largely depend on the weather. 200/400 film with fast glass (ie: 400/2.8, 600/4) is good for most of the forest stages, but if it's overcast you may need 800 ISO film.

One tip, get there EARLY as the good spots get taken really fast in the public access areas.

Lens wise I normally shoot anything from 17 to 1600mm with rallies depending on the location I'm shooting from.

Flash: It's useful if you are going in to the pit areas. It's not wise to use flash fill when the cars are racing as it may distract the drivers.

Ian
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!