Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: zoom burst

  1. #1

    Default zoom burst

    hi, May i know what mode u guys use for zoom burst effect? thankz

  2. #2

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Depends on the exact effect i want, but usually shutter priority mode.
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: zoom burst

    at what iso and shutter speed? what r the setting

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by quiksive View Post
    at what iso and shutter speed? what r the setting
    That...you have to experiment for yourself

    There's no 'one size fits all' setting

  5. #5
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by quiksive View Post
    at what iso and shutter speed? what r the setting
    Check out this thread.

    Usually I use M Mode, ISO100, f8, around 15secs exposure is good enough.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Check out this thread.

    Usually I use M Mode, ISO100, f8, around 15secs exposure is good enough.
    wow...15s? So you turn the zoom ring really really slowly?

  7. #7
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    wow...15s? So you turn the zoom ring really really slowly?
    Depends on what you want to achieve. If you want a straight zoom, 8s to 10s is good enough. If you want a step zoom, 15s to 20s will be better. All depends on the photographer and what he wants to achieve in the end.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Depends on what you want to achieve. If you want a straight zoom, 8s to 10s is good enough. If you want a step zoom, 15s to 20s will be better. All depends on the photographer and what he wants to achieve in the end.
    pardon me, but what do you mean by step zoom?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    1°25'10.16"N 103°50'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Check out this thread.

    Usually I use M Mode, ISO100, f8, around 15secs exposure is good enough.
    That's verrry long. But, nice shot though.

    Generally, for a day shot, you can see the effect at 1/30s too.

  10. #10
    Moderator Francis247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Punggol
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    pardon me, but what do you mean by step zoom?
    Eg.
    Straight Zoom : Zoom the lens from Telephoto at 200mm (4s exposure) --> 70mm (2s to 4s exposure), when you zoom the lens from 200mm to 70mm, do it slowly using around 2s to 4s.

    Step Zoom : Zoom the lens from Telephoto at 200mm (6s exposure) -> 135mm (2s exposure) -> 105mm (2s exposure) -> 85mm (2s exposure) -> 70mm (4s exposure).
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: zoom burst

    Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Eg.
    Straight Zoom : Zoom the lens from Telephoto at 200mm (4s exposure) --> 70mm (2s to 4s exposure), when you zoom the lens from 200mm to 70mm, do it slowly using around 2s to 4s.

    Step Zoom : Zoom the lens from Telephoto at 200mm (6s exposure) -> 135mm (2s exposure) -> 105mm (2s exposure) -> 85mm (2s exposure) -> 70mm (4s exposure).
    ahh...i see Thanks for explaining!

  12. #12

    Default Re: zoom burst

    wah dun understand man got any outing a not hahaha

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •