Thread: Help - CF card problem

Default Help - CF card problem

Hi all,

My new CF card keeps appearing as 999 shots on my 50D camera screen display. I've tried reformatting it several times but to no avail. It functions fine - taking and transferring photos out, just that the CF card display is perpetually 999. I tried with another CF card and there's no issue, so I figured it's the card itself, not the camera body.

What do i do?

Thks for the help in advance : )

Default Re: Help - CF card problem

the shot counter is 999?

how big is your card capacity?

It just means that the available capacity of the card is more than 999 shots, and since the display can only show three digits, it will continuously display 999 until you go below 999 shots available.

Quote Originally Posted by solesouljoy View Post
    Hi all,

My new CF card keeps appearing as 999 shots on my 50D camera screen display. I've tried reformatting it several times but to no avail. It functions fine - taking and transferring photos out, just that the CF card display is perpetually 999. I tried with another CF card and there's no issue, so I figured it's the card itself, not the camera body.

What do i do?

Thks for the help in advance : )
    I get the same with my 8GB so is perfectly normal.
    I photograph the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by solesouljoy View Post
    Hi all,

Have a look into the manual, it's described there. You can also change the settings to shoot RAW only, you will see the counter dropping immediately below 999.