Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D90 kit

Default Re: D90 kit

Quote Originally Posted by jylam View Post
    We have an English teacher on a Photography Forum. Cool ya??
    Guys, pls wtch yr spellg, gramr, etc. ops, I should have typed PLEASE WATCH YOUR SPELLING, GRAMMAR,etc
    Is it just me or do I sense some sarcasm? Is correcting spelling so wrong, and does it warrant such a reply? The wrong usage of word does bring about a different meaning, if not one that may totally be inaccurate. For instance, the usage of the word 'recipe' - a recipe has no impact of sales agreement in this case.

Why is there so many this kind of shop... i got con too at sls... *^#$%#$ 1 D90 Battery (Not Original) cost me $2** . he told me the battery can last 10 hours of shoot.. after i went home realise that how can a battery cost $2** plus... but i blame myself for not doing research 1st...

its photocam at penin. they argued that there are 2 kits that come with the d90. and both kit and lens come in separate boxes as only the first shipment has lens and body in the same lens. they said that what i was paying for was for the kit with the 18-55mm lens but i called them before i came and they said that it was the price for the 105mm lens.

Quote Originally Posted by crasher22 View Post
    its photocam at penin. they argued that there are 2 kits that come with the d90. and both kit and lens come in separate boxes as only the first shipment has lens and body in the same lens. they said that what i was paying for was for the kit with the 18-55mm lens but i called them before i came and they said that it was the price for the 105mm lens.
    There are a handful of shops at Penin that one should be wary of. There are also a fair share of what we call "reputable" shops. At Penin for instance, Cathay Photo is considered a reputable shop. I would hesitate, though, to call the rest at Penin reputable.

i did heard that the recent batch did come with 55-200mm lens instead of the 18-105mm while waiting for my kit.
    Obvious to me Nikon couldnt produce enough lens.

TS could go back and try your luck.

The general guideline should be:
    Step 1 : Research
    Step 2 : Execute

Seem like many try to reverse the procedure

Quote Originally Posted by redwine View Post
    i did heard that the recent batch did come with 55-200mm lens instead of the 18-105mm while waiting for my kit.
    Heard from...?
    Alpha

Siao liao, TS tio scam. I did research on the 450D for about 4 months, and than i went to many different places to ask around for prices, before eventually settling down to a not-so-bad deal. But anyway, hope you'll have fun with you camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Heard from...?
    I had a booking with AP-sls,
    they did call me, telling me about this new kit, which is $100+ cheaper,
    didnt take up as i already pre-sold my 18-105mm to follow CSer.
    Not sure it comes in 1 box or 2 separate boxes.

I had a booking with AP-sls,
    they did call me, telling me about this new kit, which is $100+ cheaper,
    didnt take up as i already pre-sold my 18-105mm to follow CSer.
    Not sure it comes in 1 box or 2 separate boxes.
    AP at SLS has had some really bad reviews. They're not exactly what I would call trustworthy unless you know exactly what you're doing. Chances are, it's the same switch game.
    Alpha

TS could go back and try your luck.

The general guideline should be:
    Step 1 : Research
    Step 2 : Execute

Seem like many try to reverse the procedure
    I got the same story from John 3:16. Seems true.

55-200mm vs 18-105mm
    which is better?

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    55-200mm vs 18-105mm
    which is better?
    different focal lengths, different uses. No way to compare.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    different focal lengths, different uses. No way to compare.
    oh, so can i say the 55-200 is to zoom further
    and the 18-105 is for wide angle?

Quote Originally Posted by desertstrike View Post
    oh, so can i say the 55-200 is to zoom further
    and the 18-105 is for wide angle?
    18-105 is for general purpose, to shorter telephoto usage. 55-200 is a dedicated telephoto zoom.

I was wondering from the previous comments, do the shops have the right to mix and match D90 with any lens? e.g 55-200.

The official kit is of course the 18-105. But if a shop particular quotes, say D90 & 18-55 for $X, and you accept the price and buy it, then can this case be considered as "cheating" or "mis-selling?"

Since there is no official pricing or RRP for D90&18-55 from Nikon. So if you felt you were cheated, can/will Nikon do anything? I doubt so.
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    I was wondering from the previous comments, do the shops have the right to mix and match D90 with any lens? e.g 55-200.

The official kit is of course the 18-105. But if a shop particular quotes, say D90 & 18-55 for $X, and you accept the price and buy it, then can this case be considered as "cheating" or "mis-selling?"

Since there is no official pricing or RRP for D90&18-55 from Nikon. So if you felt you were cheated, can/will Nikon do anything? I doubt so.
    Going by logic, if any shop should do that, they should sell it at body + the cost of whichever lens they sell it with. I doubt they can sell at the 18-105 kit price, especially if you are getting a much shorter lens like the 18-55.

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    Going by logic, if any shop should do that, they should sell it at body + the cost of whichever lens they sell it with. I doubt they can sell at the 18-105 kit price, especially if you are getting a much shorter lens like the 18-55.
    All right, you shouldn't buy a D90+18-55 at $1700, because that's the price for D90+18-105.

So what happens if the shopkeeper insists D90+18-55 is a bundled kit, when obviously, according to nikon, it's not. Can it be a case of cheating or just a simple sales persuasion/tactic?
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    All right, you shouldn't buy a D90+18-55 at $1700, because that's the price for D90+18-105.

So what happens if the shopkeeper insists D90+18-55 is a bundled kit, when obviously, according to nikon, it's not. Can it be a case of cheating or just a simple sales persuasion/tactic?
    it depends when they got the stock the sets are bundled with which lens?

but simplest tacttic would be walk out, call a couple of shops that you know have the stock...quote the shopkeeper and if cannot match then go to the place that gave the lowest quote but take note some shops may play with accessories prices. So best is to go out equipped with street price of the items you intend to get.
    Last edited by Flashbulb; 19th November 2008 at 12:12 PM.
    I photograph the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashbulb View Post
    it depends when they got the stock the sets are bundled with which lens?

but simplest tacttic would be walk out, call a couple of shops that you know have the stock...quote the shopkeeper and if cannot match then go to the place that gave the lowest quote but take note some shops may play with accessories prices. So best is to go out equipped with street price of the items you intend to get.
    Grey sets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12