Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: strobing qns..

Default Re: strobing qns..

Is there a difference between the wireless trigger from Tagotech vesus the Impact?

There's nothing worse than setting up the light stand, umbrella, flash outdoor and infront of your clients looking very pro when suddenly the flash starts to firing non-stop. You turn around, tell them with a straight face that you gonna use natural lighting instead and start to pack up the stuff again. Very malu. I'm getting the PWs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Vomit blood never mind, but you will gain a bad reputation among clients for being unreliable as well!
    I think I have shared before, those cheapo radio trigger turn my studio lights into disco lights.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by maswu View Post
    im using it now...the flash is not directly connected to the receiver like the catus one...rather it is connected to an external hotshoe which is connected to the receiver via a wire...some of the time the connector of the hotshoe will be loose and then the flash will fire without any warning..the time it will not fire is kinda unpredictable..sometimes at different angles it will fire, sometimes it will not...
    Bottom line is?

Anyway, here's what appears to be a very methodical and well-documented tutorial: http://jeremykuster.blogspot.com/200...-tutorial.html

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I think I have shared before, those cheapo radio trigger turn my studio lights into disco lights.
    Hmm then can re-vitalise the long-dead 'Mobile Disco' business liao!

Bottom line is?

Anyway, here's what appears to be a very methodical and well-documented tutorial: http://jeremykuster.blogspot.com/200...-tutorial.html
    bottom line is it kinda sucks...im considering getting the skysports from cathy or the alien bees...but im resisting...
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

In the long run, you won't regret getting a better set, simply cos IT WORKS, when you want it to ... when you need it to! But be careful, the Alien Bees are relatively 'new' here, and from what I can gather, because of their increased pricing for export sets, it ends up being quite ex.

have you seen this by alien bee yet?:http://www.alienbees.com/cybersyncplus.html ...it also kinda of the reason i want to go to alien bee
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

I think some one here bought the basic AB set. Look for the thread.

I'm not familiar with ABs, have you done a check on user feedback and reviews on their functionality AND reliability?

And don't forget, while the sticker price looks good, AB has an export policy - the JACK UP prices for exports!

I think some one here bought the basic AB set. Look for the thread.

I'm not familiar with ABs, have you done a check on user feedback and reviews on their functionality AND reliability?

And don't forget, while the sticker price looks good, AB has an export policy - the JACK UP prices for exports!
    yea i saw that thread..haven done a check yet but i do know who that guy who bought that ABs...hmm...well gotta check...so anyway...if anyone has either the Skysports or the Alien Bees...do tell us how it is if you have both even better, tell us how is it compared together
    LightSide Shooter
    flickr

for cheap radio trigger, the impact work better somewhat. At least for all the reviews i see.

So there no chance of me using a 'radio' flash + a 'corded' flash(PC SYNC head to hotshoe head cord to plug onto transmitter n a flash i can take) ? Like that in the video i posted?

Anyone here have similar setup as that guy?
    Last edited by Revad3; 17th November 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    for cheap radio trigger, the impact work better somewhat. At least for all the reviews i see.

So there no chance of me using a 'radio' flash + a 'corded' flash(PC SYNC head to hotshoe head cord to plug onto transmitter n a flash i can take) ? Like that in the video i posted?

Anyone here have similar setup as that guy?
    Why not?

But you did ask for the cheapest options.

What i meant is other options beside the cable i posted?

hefty price for a wire, at least to me at that price i could even get a better trigger.

There no a single cheaper 3rd party ones in the market right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Revad3 View Post
    What i meant is other options beside the cable i posted?

hefty price for a wire, at least to me at that price i could even get a better trigger.

There no a single cheaper 3rd party ones in the market right now?
    if you search hard enough, you notice Jacob is just using the 580 to trigger the 430. not with PW

if you search hard enough, you notice Jacob is just using the 580 to trigger the 430. not with PW

Yeahh you are rite...... he din use any radio trigger, just off shoe cord for master and trigger the slave one on the light stand.....

The most interesting thing to know is how many stops NS he used in that kind of setup and bright day ligt?
    Last edited by chalib; 17th November 2008 at 02:22 PM.

icic.. Looks like either i stick to canon system or that piece cord! (:

With Nikon there is always the AWL.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Yeahh you are rite...... he din use any radio trigger, just off shoe cord for master and trigger the slave one on the light stand.....

The most interesting thing to know is how many stops NS he used in that kind of setup and bright day ligt?
    using the flash with ttl cord as main light, so underexpose the b/g one to two stops to see have you archived what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    With Nikon there is always the AWL.
    Sad to say for canon users

The problem with the flash firing by itself like disco lights is because of poor contact between the flash and the hotshoe mount. This usually is a problem with my Canon 580EXs.

The 580EXs contact points are rounded off, so there's less surface area. Secondly, you might get problems when you don't push your flash all the way into the mount, sometimes it might be lose as well.

That's probably why they came out with Cactus V2s and the RT-04 TMs.

using the flash with ttl cord as main light, so underexpose the b/g one to two stops to see have you archived what you are looking for.
    so unlikely ND is needed in bright day light situation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast