Thread: Nikon D90 or Canon 40D

Default Nikon D90 or Canon 40D

I really need help in discerning the good and bad points of both cameras... If I were to choose I would most probably take the D90 but it's currently sold out islandwide, so it's either I wait for the restock or get the canon.. I'll probably wait but could anyone just help me with the pros and cons of the cameras? and the estimate price for the cameras with the kit lens.

Default Re: Nikon D90 or Canon 40D

Quote Originally Posted by RockingKing View Post
    I really need help in discerning the good and bad points of both cameras... If I were to choose I would most probably take the D90 but it's currently sold out islandwide, so it's either I wait for the restock or get the canon.. I'll probably wait but could anyone just help me with the pros and cons of the cameras? and the estimate price for the cameras with the kit lens.
    Since you know what you want... no point comparing anymore. Refer to threads about D90 price etc at marketplace and buy/sell sections. Cheers

All of your questions have been answered in reviews. Prices are listed in the relevant sub-forums. Please try a search.

And why are you so desperate to get a DSLR right now? If you want the D90 but it's sold out, just wait.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    All of your questions have been answered in reviews. Prices are listed in the relevant sub-forums. Please try a search.

And why are you so desperate to get a DSLR right now? If you want the D90 but it's sold out, just wait.

exactly.. just wait for the new stocks.. go to your favourite dealer and put your name on their notification list so that when they get a new stock, they will notify you on priority..

sold out island wide? this product so hot

If you know you want a D90, why bother to sniff around and settle for 40D?

D90 and 40D aren't exactly substituable. It's not like choosing NTUC Cooking Oil or XXX Cooking Oil.

Just wait awhile. Having money with you is the best.
    The best things in life are free.

Ya, since u hv decided. No pt comparing? n no pt buying 40D becuz D90 is out of stock. Tendency tat u will regret is very high. Just wait?
    E-M5, GF-1 (20, 12-35, 35-100, 7.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Yea it's cause I just finished my O's and so this is the long holidays for me, and when I have ample time to go out just for photography's sake.. and waiting for the stock is like losing the time where I can go out and just enjoy taking photos

yea I guess so.. haha. thanks alot anyways.. I've kinda went to dppreview already.. Don't really understand much of the settings so I guess I came here to ask for a more detailed explanation

yea I guess so.. haha. thanks alot anyways.. I've kinda went to dppreview already.. Don't really understand much of the settings so I guess I came here to ask for a more detailed explanation
    If you can't understand the DPReview settings, then you won't understand our explanations either. Or, we'd have to write a book to explain it... so here's my tip:

1. If you do not understand what DPReview is talking about, then imho you're not ready for a DSLR, let alone a semi-pro model like a 40D or D90. You'll just be overwhelmed. Best to stick to a compact camera for now and go out and take pictures.

2. since you're on vacation, go to the library and borrow some books on basic photography.

3. Rent a camera and practice.
    Alpha

Just saw the comparison on D90 and 50D on the following site
    http://www.quesabesde.com/noticias/c...uestras,1_4701

Google translated
    http://translate.google.com/translat...ras%2c1%5f4701

Each has their own strength and weakness but D90 will be more value for money in this case.

ah okay, thanks alot anyways. Well I'll just learn up and stuff, many people around me have their DSLRs and stuff so I can always take lessons and ask them about the technicalities and the practicalities. Thanks Daniel for the comparison website, really great. =)