Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ball Watches

Default Re: Ball Watches

imho i think ball is quite a good diving watch,

but not my type.

i still think the audemars piguet is the watch i will still wear everyday

but tag do make nice watches, esp the monaco and silverstone series,

but the price does not justify because it's quartz.

i'd rather much buy an automatic watch.
    Pentax K-x

Quote Originally Posted by Lomographer View Post
    imho i think ball is quite a good diving watch,

but not my type.

i still think the audemars piguet is the watch i will still wear everyday

but tag do make nice watches, esp the monaco and silverstone series,

but the price does not justify because it's quartz.

i'd rather much buy an automatic watch.
    Ball does make a range of watches for alot of purposes. But honestly, I dont think you would take your watch down for a dive. My Sinn U1 is capable of 1000m/100bar pressure but have never worn it on any diving trips. I use a Suunto instead, its got all you need in one dive.

Audemars Piguet, a 30k watch to wear on a daily basis? Wa lau, you must be damn rich!

I prefer watches with simple faces, just time, date & GMT, chrono & other stuff inside is too much for me.

Tag Monaco quartz? It is mechanical I believe. Monaco 69 is a manual winding, Monaco Auto is fully mechanical, the Monaco Chrono is also mechanical if I am not wrong, my knowledge on Tag isnt very good.
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 20th August 2009 at 02:10 PM.

tag too bling n ovr price for their entry auto watches, let alone those quatz.. ..it just MHO...with the price that they asking u can have real watches like the Oris or even a Sinn or maybe a tudor..i maybe wrong cos lost touch with this hobby....

Quote Originally Posted by drewdam View Post
    tag too bling n ovr price for their entry auto watches, let alone those quatz.. ..it just MHO...with the price that they asking u can have real watches like the Oris or even a Sinn or maybe a tudor..i maybe wrong cos lost touch with this hobby....
    For me, my reason for not like a Tag would be because of their huge range, from 1k-10k, sort of loss its prestige imho.

Also, Tag is everywhere, adverts here & there, no doubt it was good marketing because sales does go up for them & every Singaporean I know(the non watch people) only knows Tag or Rolex. Imo, I find Tag is a high end Swatch.

For the that kinda price for Tags, I would rather go for other brands like Brietling, Omega, Sinn, Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    Imo, I find Tag is a high end Swatch.

For the that kinda price for Tags, I would rather go for other brands like Brietling, Omega, Sinn, Ball.
    Fully agree. Breitling Chrono Cockpit FTW!!!
    Alpha

Actually, a $20 casio watch is more accurate than any mechanical watch over time.

It is just the beauty of mechanical watches that draw people to it, Timepieces one would call it, or simply, its the only jewellery a guy can really wear.

Anti Magnetic feature does not maintain accuracy. For mechanical watches a build in tourbillon mantains accuracy, note that even with the tourbillon, the mechanical watch is still not as accurate as a $20 casio watch.

The price of a tourbillon watch, can prob buy you a car
    Mostly in modern mechanical watches, the tourbillon is showned on the face of the watch so so called "show off" the watch makers fine work.

You can see the B&R Tourbillon on the face here:
    Wow! Didn't know about the tourbillon thing. Thanks! You're definitely way out there

Coincidentally, I made my first ever foray into a mechanical timepiece last weekend, something I've been saving up for a long, long time: an Omega Speedmaster Professional

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Fully agree. Breitling Chrono Cockpit FTW!!!
    The Brietling Colt Auto was my very first watch, followed by a Super Ocean. Nice classy looking watches but sometimes very depressing when your friend sees your watch & say "wa, your Tag Heuer very nice hor"

my reply "see properly lei, got one anchor in the center with 2 wings by the side"

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    Wow! Didn't know about the tourbillon thing. Thanks! You're definitely way out there

Coincidentally, I made my first ever foray into a mechanical timepiece last weekend, something I've been saving up for a long, long time: an Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Congrats on your Omega Speedmaster!!!

Any mechanical watch with a tourbillon build in, the price would be I could never afford something like that.

Sticking to mechanical watches with power reserves good enough already
    I would love to save up for the IWC Big Pilot, beautiful timepiece that goes well casual or formal & 7 days power reserve, sweet stuff & best of all, it has a simple face design which I like.
    Other option would be Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Power Reserve, nice!

I did consider the Ball Diver but currently now I already have the Sinn U1, which is also a dive watch, doesnt make sense to go in for another same dive watch
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 24th August 2009 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post

Congrats....Casio is good but this Stainless Beauties are GREAT.
    I switch between a Planet Ocean n a Anonimo Professionale GMT for my day to day use.

Congrats on your Omega Speedmaster!!!

Any mechanical watch with a tourbillon build in, the price would be I could never afford something like that.

Sticking to mechanical watches with power reserves good enough already
    I would love to save up for the IWC Big Pilot, beautiful timepiece that goes well casual or formal & 7 days power reserve, sweet stuff & best of all, it has a simple face design which I like.
    Other option would be Chopard Mille Miglia GT XL Power Reserve, nice!

I did consider the Ball Diver but currently now I already have the Sinn U1, which is also a dive watch, doesnt make sense to go in for another same dive watch
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkspin View Post
    Congrats....Casio is good but this Stainless Beauties are GREAT.
    I switch between a Planet Ocean n a Anonimo Professionale GMT for my day to day use.
    Thanks guys! That said, my Casio Pro-Trek is still my weekend sports/outdoor watch.

I wear my Brietlings for office days, Sinn for the weekends & yes, the protrek is a damn solid watch as well, I wear those for sports or when I know am gonna get down & dirty doing something!

I wear my Brietlings for office days, Sinn for the weekends & yes, the protrek is a damn solid watch as well, I wear those for sports or when I know am gonna get down & dirty doing something!
    Bro, that means that you have to re-adjust the time for your Sinn as it would have stopped since you only wear them on weekends. Unless you have a watch winder.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Bro, that means that you have to re-adjust the time for your Sinn as it would have stopped since you only wear them on weekends. Unless you have a watch winder.

Yep, got a cabinet for watch winders at home in my old man's room, that is where all the watches are kept

Yep, got a cabinet for watch winders at home in my old man's room, that is where all the watches are kept
    Cabinet with watch winders? Maybe something like those on sale at one of the shops at the higher levels of Ion Orchard? I saw one watch safe c/w built-in watch winders. Price: 3 hundred over thousand.

But I guess that the safe is worth it if one has millions of dollars worth of watches. 1 high end PP will justify the safe already.

A whole cabinet, eh...?

where do you live?
    Alpha

If anyone is looking for Watch Winder Cabinet, can consider this maker from Chiangmai.

Watch Winder

I purchased 2 units from him some years back and was less than SGD1K (then) per unit inclusive of shipping.

The wood finishing is very good.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Cabinet with watch winders? Maybe something like those on sale at one of the shops at the higher levels of Ion Orchard? I saw one watch safe c/w built-in watch winders. Price: 3 hundred over thousand.

But I guess that the safe is worth it if one has millions of dollars worth of watches. 1 high end PP will justify the safe already.
    Hahaha! I cant remember what brand it was but my old man got it from Taka.

Not very big cabinet la! Size is like a 36l dry cabinet not like the huge one at Ion. hahaha! dont really need a big cabinet as I rotate my watches on daily wear, so does my old man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123