Thread: Family Portrait (20+ people) - Natural lighting

Default Re: Family Portrait (20+ people) - Natural lighting

Just to share.
    One day you'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post

Just to share.
    Well Done!

The only thing I would do is make the photo more contrasty (it's too flat right now) and clone away that ugly giant flower pot in the sky BG.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Well Done!

The only thing I would do is make the photo more contrasty (it's too flat right now) and clone away that ugly giant flower pot in the sky BG.
    How? Up the contrast? I managed to adjust levels, curves to make it to this state already. Before was quite devastating i must say. They're okaye with the giant flower pot, so yeah.
    One day you'll see.

Woo.. Got a few pretty girls there...

Quote Originally Posted by hidden3 View Post
    How? Up the contrast? I managed to adjust levels, curves to make it to this state already. Before was quite devastating i must say. They're okaye with the giant flower pot, so yeah.
    You'll have to explore the levels and curves and perhaps individual channels a bit more. Going by the two bright orange t-shirts, your colors might need to be desat by 5-10% after you bump up the contrast.

In what way was it devastating before? You shot in RAW?

hi, did you use any flash on this or just ambient light?

For example if the time taken is dark already like 8PM and have only one flash (on board external flash 430EX). would it be advisable to use a stofen for diffused light or use the plastic thing on the flash that spreads the light. (that thing that you pull-out in the front).
    Loslos...

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    You'll have to explore the levels and curves and perhaps individual channels a bit more. Going by the two bright orange t-shirts, your colors might need to be desat by 5-10% after you bump up the contrast.

In what way was it devastating before? You shot in RAW?
    Not really devastating la, got a drain below, lamp post at the right. Cloned them away. I shot this in RAW + JPEG. But i edit using the JPEG. Should i use the RAW one, but i'm not very familiar with using RAW. Ok i know i sounded stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    hi, did you use any flash on this or just ambient light?

For example if the time taken is dark already like 8PM and have only one flash (on board external flash 430EX). would it be advisable to use a stofen for diffused light or use the plastic thing on the flash that spreads the light. (that thing that you pull-out in the front).
    No flash was used i think, if there is it is the in-built one.
    One day you'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12