Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will be your upgrade during this recession period?

Default What will be your upgrade during this recession period?

Dear guys,

I'm not being a plum, but I have been seeing everybody wanting to upgrade to 50D, buying L lens etc.. all big ticket items. But seriously recession is being declared world wide, Singapore is running on what other countries trade, we have no natural resources except skilled labour. We are dependent on MNC's here to bring home the butter. If these MNC's motherlands are calling recession, i should think to stop the blood from spilling further, jobs will be cut here. Our local companies here are following the cutting back, so called fats are being trimmed with no help from unions. Our gov, is not thinking of welfare and allows companies to hire and fire recklessly. Many friends and relatives will be in need of $$$ assistance, the needy will grow. The poor will be poorer. The sick will get sicker. When recession hits the 2nd year, then you will know whether it's doom and gloom or see a light fantastic.

So are you gonna continue sinking your $$$ to the photography poison? Will you be putting your plans for upgrade on hold? I think it's good to know how many of us are being hit by the so called recession bug. I think it's good to advise some who have not tasted recession or being fired from your job means - i just think some guidance is needed.
    Last edited by Doughnuts; 14th November 2008 at 11:55 PM.

Default Re: What will be your upgrade during this recession period?

buying nothing. have what i need already.
    Loslos...

i want a 5D

Quote Originally Posted by spartacus.ret View Post
    i want a 5D
    Me 2 for that fact.

Upgrade photography skills.

actually, if nobody buys things, it will be worst for the economy. shops will shutdown due to losses.

so, those with thick wallets, buy buy buy!!!

Economies...

Mulitiplier effect.

Money spent will generate more money...
    so spend spend away!

70-200 2.8is
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

5D + 24L+ 35L + 85L

Alas, I must be dreaming...

Only way out of a recession is to spend more. Inject more money into the market and allow money to circulate. If everyone stop spending....even in a good time, the country will go into recession.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughnuts View Post
    Dear guys,

I'm not being a plum, but I have been seeing everybody wanting to upgrade to 50D, buying L lens etc.. all big ticket items. But seriously recession is being declared world wide, Singapore is running on what other countries trade, we have no natural resources except skilled labour. We are dependent on MNC's here to bring home the butter. If these MNC's motherlands are calling recession, i should think to stop the blood from spilling further, jobs will be cut here. Our local companies here are following the cutting back, so called fats are being trimmed with no help from unions. Our gov, is not thinking of welfare and allows companies to hire and fire recklessly. Many friends and relatives will be in need of $$$ assistance, the needy will grow. The poor will be poorer. The sick will get sicker. When recession hits the 2nd year, then you will know whether it's doom and gloom or see a light fantastic.

So are you gonna continue sinking your $$$ to the photography poison? Will you be putting your plans for upgrade on hold? I think it's good to know how many of us are being hit by the so called recession bug. I think it's good to advise some who have not tasted recession or being fired from your job means - i just think some guidance is needed.

May be that is the reason why some people choose to feed themself to the tigers

The way out of a recession is to urge other people to spend more while you yourself saves up haha.

After my exams, I will reward myself with a UWA or a 17-55 f2.8...
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

By all means spend, just don't spend beyond your means. I'm looking to add a 580 EX II and a 85/1.8, while the wife is looking for a WA, either the Tokina 11-16 f2.8 or the Canon 10-22. We will be sharing the cost for a tripod, most likely a Benro.

I will upgrade my blue chips instead of dumping them into my hobby

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    May be that is the reason why some people choose to feed themself to the tigers
    ... and other desperados already trying to rob from bank!

oh, i just trade off my 400D and get myself a 50D. Not to mention the 17-55 F2.8 IS and also the 10-17 Tokina Fisheye after 1 week of possession on 50D. Look like i am ignoring all the risk of the global recession and helping abit to the local economics!
    hehehehe
    Olympus EP3, OMD-EM5, 14-42mm, 12-50mm, 9-18mm, 14-150mm

Quote Originally Posted by Redkangoo View Post
    oh, i just trade off my 400D and get myself a 50D. Not to mention the 17-55 F2.8 IS and also the 10-17 Tokina Fisheye after 1 week of possession on 50D. Look like i am ignoring all the risk of the global recession and helping abit to the local economics!
    hehehehe
    The virus runs strong in your blood.

i am planning to get new batteries for my canon powershot a320.. my old 1600mAH NiMHs are giving up the ghost

wait, is there even such a model?

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Upgrade photography skills.
    second that.
    Hasselblad 503CW | 100mm f/3.5 CF | Contax 645 | Zeiss 80mm f/2 | Website

A kind word for you all , even though I'm Englsih and Nikon user ,
    Our Prime Minister Gordon Brown is currently in talks at the G20 summit in America , hes pushing for global tax cuts , all countries should work together side by side to ensure we can all weather the current economic storm together and stop it becoming an all out recession .
    The idea is to cut taxes globaly and save jobs , jobs mean people , people mean money is being spent and when you spend money the economy benefits from it,
    I hope they all listen , and no one has to suffer any hardships or loss of their job .
    Keep a tight rein on the purse strings and see what happens and good luck to you all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast