Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alone or Group

Default Re: Alone or Group

Yes, indeed. I laughed out loud at the "shoot with people at changi hospital". SO FUNNY.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    Yes, indeed. I laughed out loud at the "shoot with people at changi hospital". SO FUNNY.
    Quote Originally Posted by tjhan View Post
    LOL! Haha.. what a random insertion of ero-humour.

Anyway, I prefer a solo shoot but there's more pressure to deliver. As the above posters have said, it's fun to talk to other photogs too but the end product is a lot of un-unique stuff.
    Yours also mah.
    Ok, getting OT already.

Alone most of the time.

I can wake up anytime i want, eat breakfast anytime i want, go anywhere i want (through this alley or that alley), go toilet anytime i want, smoke anytime i want, shop anytime i want and go home anytime i want.

But i am ok to shoot with max another 2 person. (Besides my army kakeys who are non CSers.)

Too many people, like what most mention, becomes messy and TCSS more.

And seriously, i prefer shooting with music.

Both... Every time I shoot, I aim to:

1. Come home learning something new.
    2. Hopefully with a bunch of great pictures. (Unfortunately, this does not occur as often as I'd like)
    3. Have a fun time.

Sometimes your point 3 and 2 are mutually exclusive. And shooting in a group almostalways gets everyone similar shots. And similar shots, however beautiful, are cheap in value. I can't like a picture of mine that is almost identical to someone else's.

Of course, taking pictures is fun.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Depends on what I intend to do.

Dream Merchant stated very valid pros and cons of shooting as a group

If I intend to roam the streets, walk from places to places. Then I would rather shoot alone.

If I intend to shoot in a particular area, like in a park, old changi hospital I would prefer to have company.
    agree.. lol

Alone: Peaceful, freedom, lonely, can't compare results, own time, own target

Group: Fun, TCSS, can compare results, distracting, difference in opinion, distracting, depend of schedule

Personally, I would go for both. If there's an outing I'll try to join. If not, I'll just adhoc.
    |SonyA700|T180mmf3.5|M70-210mmf4|S30mmf1.4|T17-50mmf2.8|T90mmf2.8|M5600hsdX2|

alone: if together with non-photographer
    group: if together with people whom at PG

Else I need to rush to take shot because you feel bad making people wait for u

ya i feel bad making ppl wait for me,so i prefer to shoot alone and taking my own sweet time.

prefer to shoot alone.... but do shoot with friends too la, but mostly end up chatting and very few good pics... ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888 View Post
    prefer to shoot alone.... but do shoot with friends too la, but mostly end up chatting and very few good pics... ha ha
    yeah! and taking some funny photos of them... adding my collection too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12