Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: where to buy RC toys?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    dover
    Posts
    1,070

    Default where to buy RC toys?

    Where do u guys buy RC toy in Singapore?
    I'm using a TB-02 drift car. I want to take a look at local shops.
    Do many bro here play RC car? where do you usually play? can i come and watch?

  2. #2

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    Where do u guys buy RC toy in Singapore?
    I'm using a TB-02 drift car. I want to take a look at local shops.
    Do many bro here play RC car? where do you usually play? can i come and watch?
    You can visit Tai Sing Corporation (Pte) Ltd at North Bridge Road (next to Sultan Mosque). They carry both battery and gasoline powered RC drift cars.

    I used to play during my secondary and JC years, but have long retired from the RC scene. My last car was a Schumacher.

  3. #3

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    A good place to start is Hobby Link at Far East Plaza.
    The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot. He's a nice guy & being very hands on, is able to give sound advise. http://www.hobbylink.com.sg/

    Tai Sing is a good place too. Used to frequent that place almost every weekday afternoon to test out RC car modifications during my secondary school days (many many years ago)

  4. #4
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    You can visit Tai Sing Corporation (Pte) Ltd at North Bridge Road (next to Sultan Mosque). They carry both battery and gasoline powered RC drift cars.

    I used to play during my secondary and JC years, but have long retired from the RC scene. My last car was a Schumacher.
    schumacher cat ? haha i use to play yokomo quit RC almost 18years
    Nikon D600 / D750

  5. #5

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    schumacher cat ?
    Yes..... Love that car!

  6. #6

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmelo View Post
    The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot.
    Ever since I retired 17 years ago, Sam had been winning races. Otherwise he has no chance against me.....

    Not really lah, Sam is good especially in on-road racing. I was a off-road racer.
    Last edited by photobum; 1st December 2008 at 08:28 AM.

  7. #7
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Sam Cheng, Don Chng and Ronnie Ang used to be my arch rivals in the RC arena. Ever since I retired 17 years ago, Sam had been winning races. Otherwise he has no chance against me.
    sam ? haha i know him , if i nv rmb wrongly he use to own a shop in far east plaza for RC stuff , that guy i use to siam him during race coz he die die sure in A main , so i go B main for top 3
    Last edited by noob sniper; 14th November 2008 at 11:23 PM.
    Nikon D600 / D750

  8. #8
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montmelo View Post
    A good place to start is Hobby Link at Far East Plaza.
    The owner Sam Cheng races & wins a lot. He's a nice guy & being very hands on, is able to give sound advise. http://www.hobbylink.com.sg/

    Tai Sing is a good place too. Used to frequent that place almost every weekday afternoon to test out RC car modifications during my secondary school days (many many years ago)
    Tai sing use to be the agent of a brand call AYK , but later dunno why ayk closedown , so i switch to yokomo dog fighter / work91 for 4wd buggy and RC10 for my 2wd buggy
    Nikon D600 / D750

  9. #9

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    sam ? haha i know him , if i nv rmb wrongly he use to own a shop in far east plaza for RC stuff , that guy i use to siam him during race coz he die die sure in A main , so i go B main to for top 3
    Sam is a tough fighter in A-Main.

    During the late 80s, he had a shop at Far East Shopping Centre, and now at Far East Plaza.

  10. #10

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    Tai sing use to be the agent of a brand call AYK , but later dunno why ayk closedown , so i switch to yokomo dog fighter / work91 for 4wd buggy and RC10 for my 2wd buggy
    My 2WD was a Kyosho Ultima with Trinity Monster motor.

    By the way, I was with Team Trinity last time.

  11. #11
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    My 2WD was a Kyosho Ultima with Trinity Monster motor.

    By the way, I was with Team Trinity last time.
    kyosho ultima is a short wheel base 2wd , in the ultima series there are 1 or 2 other ultima something with a longer wheel base right , i love kyosho buggy like optima series and use to own 1 but during those days it not as tough as yokomo on build alot of parts very ez to break esp in AMK off road track in another hand cats work well due to the rubber band thingy i think it call crash back system or something
    Nikon D600 / D750

  12. #12

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    kyosho ultima is a short wheel base 2wd , in the ultima series there are 1 or 2 other ultima something with a longer wheel base right , i love kyosho buggy like optima series and use to own 1 but during those days it not as tough as yokomo on build alot of parts very ez to break esp in AMK off road track in another hand cats work well due to the rubber band thingy i think it call crash back system or something
    Mine was modified with long wheel base using Trinity carbon-fiber/composite chassis.

    That's why I switched from an Kyosho Optima Mid (long wheel base) to a Schumacher Cat XL.

    I live in Ang Mo Kio, so I used to play at the off-road track there very often.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th November 2008 at 10:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Former CS Senior Member
    Posts
    3,059

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    amk got track meh? where is it?

  14. #14
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Mine was modified with long wheel base using Trinity carbon-fiber/composite chassis.

    That's why I switched from an Kyosho Optima Mid (long wheel base) to a Schumacher Cat.

    I live in Ang Mo Kio, so I used to play at the off-road track there very often.
    than i think maybe we r there together b4 just that dunno each other
    Nikon D600 / D750

  15. #15

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    amk got track meh? where is it?
    Behind the present Kebun Baru-Ang Mo Kio Town Council at Ave 4.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th November 2008 at 10:47 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    than i think maybe we r there together b4 just that dunno each other
    Then, I was in my 20s and raced with a Schumacher Cat and a KO Propo EX-1 pistol-type controller.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th November 2008 at 10:55 PM.

  17. #17
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Then, I was in my 20s and raced with a Schumacher Cat and a KO Propo EX-1 pistol-type controller.
    that time i was ard 17yearold race with my yokomo work 91 fully mod and a ko propo ex-1 evolution pistol- type controller , my fav motor was Reedy series .
    Last edited by noob sniper; 14th November 2008 at 11:16 PM.
    Nikon D600 / D750

  18. #18

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    that time i was ard 17yearold race with my yokomo work 91 fully mod and a ko propo ex-1 evolution pistol- type controller
    Oh... Were you that young punk who had a mid-air collision with a Tamiya, I think it was a Boomerang or Big Wig?

  19. #19
    Member noob sniper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore,
    Posts
    743

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Oh... Were you that young punk who had a mid-air collision with a Tamiya, I think it was a Boomerang or Big Wig?
    haha i did dum into a boomerang b4 , but not sure it was me or not that u r saiding
    Nikon D600 / D750

  20. #20

    Default Re: where to buy RC toys?

    Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    haha i did dum into a boomerang b4 , but not sure it was me or not that u r saiding
    Anyway, it was a well-known accident then in AMK. The Boomerang was crippled after that. The owner upgraded to a Team Associated RC10 after that.

    Very long history liao.....
    Last edited by photobum; 14th November 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •