Thread: HELP! Stuck with Photoshop Elements

Default HELP! Stuck with Photoshop Elements

Hi guys,

I spend 3 hours last night trying to add a border to my pics but to no avail. I am sure it is a very simple process but I am just totally lost. Yes I suck at photoshop! Am using Elements 6. can someone please help me out. I am really a beginner here. Tried looking at all the tutorials online and also youtube but still can't get it. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee

Default Re: HELP! Stuck with Photoshop Elements

hmmm maybe you can try "resize canvas" to create a border?
    5D / 450D /16-35L F4 IS USM 35F2/ 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 IS/100mm 2.8 usm macro/ 50 1.8 / EX 430 II

all the online tutorials are already very straight forward. steps by steps

why don't tell us why and how you get stuck?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy747 View Post
    Hi guys,

I spend 3 hours last night trying to add a border to my pics but to no avail. I am sure it is a very simple process but I am just totally lost. Yes I suck at photoshop! Am using Elements 6. can someone please help me out. I am really a beginner here. Tried looking at all the tutorials online and also youtube but still can't get it. I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.
    Lee
    Dude

Go to this link http://www.clubsnap.com/display.php?...er/borders.htm

Maybe it can help you.Cheers
    Don't be afraid to shoot, it will not repeat twice

Thanks a lot lohkam for the link. I finally managed to get a border!!! However I still have a few questions. What resolution do you set the image to? Also I noticed that the image is no longer as sharp after I applied the border. Usually what kind of numbers with regards to resolution/pixels do yuo guys use?

Thanks a lot guys. This forums really has helped me a lot.

Cheers
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy747 View Post
    Thanks a lot lohkam for the link. I finally managed to get a border!!! However I still have a few questions. What resolution do you set the image to? Also I noticed that the image is no longer as sharp after I applied the border. Usually what kind of numbers with regards to resolution/pixels do yuo guys use?

Thanks a lot guys. This forums really has helped me a lot.

Cheers
    Lee
    note that sometimes when viewed at a smaller size large images can look like rubbish
    this is true for many photo storage viewers, and is true for some computer monitors, unless yours is the highest end.

i'm not sure what you're talking about, but sure sounds like it

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    note that sometimes when viewed at a smaller size large images can look like rubbish
    this is true for many photo storage viewers, and is true for some computer monitors, unless yours is the highest end.

i'm not sure what you're talking about, but sure sounds like it

I managed to resolve my problems. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

Best Regards
    Lee