Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New member :)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chinatown, Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default New member :)

    Hi guys and gals! just wanna say hi to everyone! i've heard a lot of great things from this group..hope to learn a lot..Anyway..for starters..id really like to have a nikkor 10.5mm fisheye..anyone knows where can i get the best price here in SG. Anyway, im also going to Penang and Langkawi this end of the month. Anyone knows if its better if i buy the fisheye there? would it be cheaper? Any shops recommended on those places. Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: New member :)

    Welcome aLdRiNo !

    Here is the link that we often refer to - the Nikon price list maintained by our member Yatlapball.

    There is a list of names of the photog shops that photogs like to frequent locally. You can give them a call for the latest quotes as well.

    Not sure of the prices overseas, you gotta compare and see or someone else might give their input.

    Just wondering if the 10.5mm FE going to be your starter lens ?
    FE is usually not a general purpose lens unless you got an acquired taste for the perspective.

    Ryan

  3. #3

    Default Re: New member :)

    welcome!

    to the Thread Starter(TS), i strongly discourage you to buy camera equipment from malaysia. though their exchange rates are attractive, you pay a higher tax rate than singapore. thus at the end of the day, you're paying about the same price as what you would pay in singapore.
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chinatown, Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: New member :)

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    Welcome aLdRiNo !

    Here is the link that we often refer to - the Nikon price list maintained by our member Yatlapball.

    There is a list of names of the photog shops that photogs like to frequent locally. You can give them a call for the latest quotes as well.

    Not sure of the prices overseas, you gotta compare and see or someone else might give their input.

    Just wondering if the 10.5mm FE going to be your starter lens ?
    FE is usually not a general purpose lens unless you got an acquired taste for the perspective.

    Ryan
    thanks! i saw it already and whoah!! the price of the fisheye lens is so expensive..how come when i asked in some shops like here in chinatown and sim lim are only around S$850-900 compared to S$1050-1090. I am not sure about the FE you are talking about but i really love the fisheye pics i have seen from my friends and on the net. My starter lens is the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR zoom lens which came with the kit.
    Nikon D90;Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8; Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-D; SB900

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chinatown, Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: New member :)

    Quote Originally Posted by pplneedthelord View Post
    welcome!

    to the Thread Starter(TS), i strongly discourage you to buy camera equipment from malaysia. though their exchange rates are attractive, you pay a higher tax rate than singapore. thus at the end of the day, you're paying about the same price as what you would pay in singapore.
    i thought they said that in penang have a duty free shop meaning there is no tax right? or am i wrong?
    Nikon D90;Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8; Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8 AF-D; SB900

  6. #6

    Default Re: New member :)

    Quote Originally Posted by aLdRiNo View Post
    i thought they said that in penang have a duty free shop meaning there is no tax right? or am i wrong?
    If there is then by all means, shop all you can. haha
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

  7. #7

    Default Re: New member :)

    Welcome

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •