Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is business so bad..?

Default Is business so bad..?

Just want to check the sentiments in the market...is business so bad that sales are slowing down...people are not buying *including cameras* ...Read in US circuit city is closing many of their branches....

What is the mood like ...for those in sales and marketing?...is Funan and Sim Lim square facing a slow down...or is it because of all the bad news in the papers?

Default Re: Is business so bad..?

Quote Originally Posted by achanth View Post
    Just want to check the sentiments in the market...is business so bad that sales are slowing down...people are not buying *including cameras* ...Read in US circuit city is closing many of their branches....

What is the mood like ...for those in sales and marketing?...is Funan and Sim Lim square facing a slow down...or is it because of all the bad news in the papers?

You should post this at kopitiam subforum lah....

Blog Entries

i agree, thread moved

I spoke to my barber.

He says business is bad due to the financial crisis. More people are spotting long hair to save money. Or once cut, cut short short then grow long long.

But don't hear that business is bad in Geylang. Don't have 30% discount there yet.
    Last edited by Sion; 14th November 2008 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I spoke to my barber.

He says business is bad due to the financial crisis. More people are spotting long hair to save money. Or once cut, cut short short then grow long long.

But don't hear that business is bad in Geylang. Don'y have 30% discount there yet.
    Financial crisis, you still visiting that place?
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Financial crisis, you still visiting that place?
    Only shooting there.

With a camera of course.

Only shooting there.

With a camera of course.
    wow "shooting" plus take photo..... business so bad now Geylang chick also accept to take photo....

Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    wow "shooting" plus take photo..... business so bad now Geylang chick also accept to take photo....
    No.

You pose they shoot.

Voices from the crisis

How people elsewhere around Asia are affected by the economic turmoil.

Tue, Nov 04, 2008
    The Straits Times

By Zureena Habib

He's putting in 14-hour workdays to survive.

Mr Vincent Leow has two sons and would like to have a third child. But the current economic downturn has put paid to his dream of having a daughter.

The 41-year-old runs a car-care business which he started after he was retrenched seven years ago during the 2001 recession.

'Times then were really tough. I even had to clean casket vans to put food on the table. But it was because of the quality service that I offered to customers that my business survived,' he said.

Hard times are back and he is feeling the pinch again.

While he used to polish about 80 cars a month, the number has gone down to 50 to 60 from July this year.

During festive seasons, his business used to get a 30 per cent boost in revenue. But this did not happen during the recent Hari Raya and Deepavali stretch.

He notes that customers now spend less, abandoning their thrice-weekly car wash at $6 each time for just a weekly cleanup.

He also faces stiff competition from illegal operators based in carparks who charge lower prices.

To stay afloat, Mr Leow has cut staff strength from eight to six and has rolled up his sleeves to help out.

He leaves his five-room Tampines flat at 8am and returns at 10pm every day. By then, his two sons are asleep.

His 35-year-old wife quit her managerial job when their second child was born in 2000 so that she could look after him. Their older boy was born in 1999.

The family have become more frugal recently. They used to visit restaurants at least once a month but now head to hawker centres.

Rising utility bills are also a matter of concern. 'Before the electricity tariff hike, I used to pay $90 a month; now I pay $140 a month.'

His wife is doing what she can to trim costs. 'I used to go shopping thrice a week but now I go only once a week,' she said, noting that the prices of basic necessities keep going up.

Mr Leow is hanging on. 'For businessmen like us, it's quite difficult to cope in these times. It would be helpful for us to know where we can get help,' he said.

source : http://business.asiaone.com/print/Bu...103-98056.html

Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    ..... business so bad now Geylang chick also accept to take photo....
    Maybe you go during closing time, got discount for last customer like many other business?

Two single mums turn to prostitution to feed kids

2 single mothers became part-time prostitutes to make ends meet. -The Star

Fri, Nov 14, 2008
    The Star

Two single mothers became part-time prostitutes to make ends meet after their ex-husbands failed to pay maintenance despite the Syariah Court order.

Worse still, the two women - a security guard and a cleaner - had to allow their colleagues to pay in instalments for "services rendered" to earn extra money.

These were some concerns raised by the Syariah Judicial Department at a seminar, reported Berita Harian.

Department director-general Datuk Ibrahim Lembut said that one of the women, a mother of six, turned to prostitution two months after her divorce.

"She offered services to her colleagues and was willing to accept staggered payment because their salaries were low.

"The other mother, who works as a cleaner, also had to resort to this so that they could feed their children," he said.

Ibrahim said the department's Family Support Division had brought a case against the women's former husbands.

The division is expected to take action against the two for failure to pay maintenance.

Source : - http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/A...14-100562.html

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Two single mums turn to prostitution to feed kids

2 single mothers became part-time prostitutes to make ends meet. -The Star

Fri, Nov 14, 2008
    The Star

Two single mothers became part-time prostitutes to make ends meet after their ex-husbands failed to pay maintenance despite the Syariah Court order.

Worse still, the two women - a security guard and a cleaner - had to allow their colleagues to pay in instalments for "services rendered" to earn extra money.

These were some concerns raised by the Syariah Judicial Department at a seminar, reported Berita Harian.

Department director-general Datuk Ibrahim Lembut said that one of the women, a mother of six, turned to prostitution two months after her divorce.

"She offered services to her colleagues and was willing to accept staggered payment because their salaries were low.

"The other mother, who works as a cleaner, also had to resort to this so that they could feed their children," he said.

Ibrahim said the department's Family Support Division had brought a case against the women's former husbands.

The division is expected to take action against the two for failure to pay maintenance.

Source : - http://news.asiaone.com/print/News/A...14-100562.html
    They are targetting the wrong market, you should never take installment plans on prostitution services rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    They are targetting the wrong market, you should never take installment plans on prostitution services rendered.
    i think your stand is completely off the scale...

its not that they are trying to do business, they got no choice but to do it...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    i think your stand is completely off the scale...

its not that they are trying to do business, they got no choice but to do it...
    I hope you weren't taking me seriously

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I hope you weren't taking me seriously
    u guru leh, dun take u seriously, how can?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

One free wedding photography service offers free albums.

If business is not bad, then what is it?

thats charity...

Quote Originally Posted by achanth View Post
    HAve you visited Circuit City before in the US ? If you did for more than 5 branches, you'll probably understand why. Its a lot like Harvey Norman. Now... imagine a town the size of Potong Pasir. Can you imagine it supporting a Harvey Norman the size of a large size NTUC outlet ? (The ones that have like 10-15 counters type) Like the Jurong Point branch.

I've visited quite a few of them in various states in the US, I would say I'm amazed that some of these branches have not closed down till now... It was living on the edge for most of them. Any bad economic signal and most likely they will tumble. Even more so with the credit crunch, where banks are less and less willing to extend loans or even lend in the first place. In any business, if there is no cashflow, there is no business!

must be quite good..

good until got money to give free album..

Hmmm..... Frankly, the weathervane is saying it's going to worsen. I dare not make any unnecessary purchases to be honest...... gg to be months before this is over.....
    Snap ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast