Thread: Got Really Pissed

Default Got Really Pissed

Sorry, just to vent out my frustrations for a fellow CS.

I intended to get my first DSLR here and indeed disgusted by such behaviour.
    Please see below.

Hi ! Previous highest bidder has vanished. Let me know if you like to pick up the package at the earlier bid you indicated

Originally Posted by dingchang85

Hi.

Interested in fast deal at 650SGD then?

We agreed to meet up to deal 630pm today at Novena MRT. But I just got this.
    hi, apologies. one of the vanished higher bidders came back and picked it up at 690 right now.

My reply:
    A man should uphold his words. even if there was someone back with higher price, the least is to enquire me first since we have an agreement. Your apologies do not substantiate your own dignity and merely 40 bucks took it away.

Urge people not to deal with him. He might back out anytime if somebody else offer a higher price. Don't waste your time and effort with him. Really feel like kicking his ass off this site.

Contact Number: 96128130

Now I am left bidding for another set and the end date is 28Nov. Realli disappointing.
    Last edited by dingchang85; 13th November 2008 at 01:40 PM.

Default Re: Got Really Pissed

My personal take:

BnS is a buyer and seller arrangement. Someone wants to buy, someone wants to sell. If there is a match, then anything goes. I wun because of the measly $40 spoil my own reputation. But each to his own.

Who knows if the returning vanished bidder is the one he originally had in front of the line?

Then again, it's a free market. The buyer can conduct his business as he pleases. Thankfully, I've done some buying and selling here without any problems thus far.

Looking at situation, i doubt there is even a line. Perhaps one with the value of money.

Just move along mate. Life goes on. I am sure there are better deals elsewhere. That's the beauty of 2nd hand market.

Things happen for a reason, we just may not know it.

A better deal is waiting for you.

to be honest if he is a single or double poster, chances are he is here to do business like buying and selling so is most likely that he doesn't give a damn about his reputation here in cs.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 13th November 2008 at 04:49 PM.

true, he dishonoured the offer and acceptance, what to do, so many people blinded by $_$

Alright. I really need to thank him. I got my first DSLR from a nice man. His stuffs are truly great for that price and condition. Mods pls close thread. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrleech View Post
    Things happen for a reason, we just may not know it.

A better deal is waiting for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by dingchang85 View Post
    Alright. I really need to thank him. I got my first DSLR from a nice man. His stuffs are truly great for that price and condition. Mods pls close thread. thanks.
    Congrats!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dingchang85 View Post
    As I had told you there is alway good & bad buyer or seller.As longer you are happy and got a good buy enjoy yourself and start taking photo.If you are new join the gathering and get so tips from other how to handle your camera.As life have to go on.

live and let live.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    live and let live.
    ... die and may you rest in peace?

Just kidding.

Peace!

:Later,

Below is something I wrote in a thread in Feedback some time ago, about buying and selling on CS Marketplace. The text in bold seems to apply to this case:

1. MOST IMPORTANT: Set your expectations accordingly
    - The better the deal you are getting, the higher the chance it will slip through your fingers.
    - Always factor in the risk of seller backing out, or buying a lemon, especially if you do not know the seller.
    - If you cannot take such risks, then only deal with people you know and trust.

- Understand the current system and limitations of CS B&S. Yes, we are constantly looking for ways to improve it, but until we do, don't expect things that the current system cannot guarantee...such as the integrity of the seller.

2. Research, research, research. This includes market price of the item you are buying as well as seller's reputation.

3. Ask questions, and if you don't get satisfactory answers, don't commit. Discuss and negotiate the terms carefully, and be as clear and specific as possible. Communicate over email or some recorded media, instead of just verbal communication.

4. Check the item thoroughly before you accept and pay for the item. If you want to take the seller's word for some unchecked areas, you are responsible, not the seller, if it turns out to be untrue. So if something like that happens, take it like a man, learn the lesson and be more careful next time, instead of openning a complaint thread in Kopitiam. I know, such threads serve as a warning to other buyers about this big bad seller that cheated you, but how useful is that when you are whining about a new seller who can easily register a new account the next day?
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.