Page 39 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    are you talking about an ext HDD that comes with 2 USB cables?

One is for data transmission and the other for power supply i think.
    thank you ..
    蓮花仙子

back to work liao...busy months : nov and dec.
    not much time for tcss liao..
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Good Morning...

i need advises.

in a low-light auditorum with only ceiling lights....when there are contestants singing (and swaying when they sing)...i push my ISO to 3200 / f2.8 and managed only 1/30sec ..which will turn out to be blur at times....i cannot use flash as they stand far away..plus flashing them, if they forgot lyrics, they may blame us instead (we got 3 pple snapping them).

wat is the right settings?

and for prize ceremony, if i put on tripod, what f stop and settginto use... ?

for group photo, i am at a loss.

the thingy is early dec...so i need to think wat to do...dun want cannot make it pics to come out..

btw, this one to help a friend though no $, but still it is a learning experience for me.. must be serious lor.

thanks guys..
    tell them to turn up the audi lights a little
    flickr | Tangshooters

Quote Originally Posted by highfive View Post
    tell them to turn up the audi lights a little
    the light they have is only erhem...ceiling lights and it is very high up there...
    蓮花仙子

Bling LED torch light and shine on the singers!

OK, joking only lah.

PM you liao.

the light they have is only erhem...ceiling lights and it is very high up there...
    if it's the kind that cannot change intensity, then it boils down to your ISO power liao. Use manual like naka suggested. Take snaps before the competition to judge correct exposure and stick to it throughout (provided they dun lower the ceiling and the whole place gets brighter ). There will be little need to change settings if lighting conditions remain fairly constant. I use aperture at 2.8 and shutter speed is usually 20-30. motion blur cannot help, the only thing you can do is try to pick a time when they are relatively still (for e.g at the end of a leftward sway before swaying to the right again ) I use a 18-50 so it's been OK but if you're using 70-200 then I'm not so sure about it coz handshake are more likely the culprit instead of motion blur at those focal lengths at 1/30 sec.

Try this if you cannot get them to bring the ceiling down
    flickr | Tangshooters

Member/Tangshooter

Good Morning...

i need advises.

in a low-light auditorum with only ceiling lights....when there are contestants singing (and swaying when they sing)...i push my ISO to 3200 / f2.8 and managed only 1/30sec ..which will turn out to be blur at times....i cannot use flash as they stand far away..plus flashing them, if they forgot lyrics, they may blame us instead (we got 3 pple snapping them).

the thingy is early dec...so i need to think wat to do...dun want cannot make it pics to come out..

btw, this one to help a friend though no $, but still it is a learning experience for me.. must be serious lor.

thanks guys..
    iso3200 is very very high already. I think with a F2.8 you should be able to catch everything liao

Good Morning...

i need advises.

thanks guys..

if you can get close enough, try using 50/1.4 or 85/1.8 for faster shutter speed. Only drawback, fix lens and small DOF. To get longer mm, switch to DX mode
    Fine print - Anything I posted is strictly my own point of view :)

With D700, up iso to 6400 so that u can increase shutter to 1/60 to reduce motion blur/camera shake...

Like what the others mentioned, use full Manual mode, take some test shots before the performance, look at the histogram then adjust from there...

good luck!

hi guys..thanks....i go home and think think where to "borrow, beg or steal" a f1.4
    蓮花仙子

hmm.... IMO D700 iso can crack up to 3200 and the noise is still able to accept but 6400 very high lei and fairy i assume ur light in audi are those dim dim with color 1... so if crack up iso too high ur pic will turn out very noise due to lighting issue in audi because i have try it before.... unless use tripod la but not flexi and versatile.

I recommend Zoom lens then prime lens in events due to the possiblilty of sudden change of motion, surrounding and placement of urself. And furthermore changing of lens is quite a hazard in a dark environment you might never knw wat will happen.

For prize ceremony. if u can use flash then use rear syn (2nd curtain ) flash it will freeze the last motion of the person but of course if the person move too much/fast then cannot be help and oso tk note hor ur flash batt will run out very fast de.

As for the harddisk USB cable, tat u mention one side is single usb and another end having two usb connector, those two are used to power the hdd and normally two of them will use only when u connect to mac as mac supplies lesser current/voltage (cant remmebr liao). Make sure u dun connect the wrong way because the end with 2 usb connector, one of them is not suppose to connect to the hdd.
    ~ A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know. ~

goot morning
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

Quote Originally Posted by Royaux View Post
    goot morning
    Good afternoon lo..........going lunch soon
    :vhappy:EOS400D

LoBang King...I missed u...
    蓮花仙子

help moi i gotch headache

Panadol. ponstan, synflex, any NSAIDs and cafegot. ice pack on forehead. Dark, quiet and cool room to take a nap during lunch.

Basically, besides pain relief, you want to constrict yr blood vassels hence the ice pack and cafegot. If no cafegot, take super duper kao kopi. Basically, cafegot is 100% caffein.

Check if yr allergic to any of the meds first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Panadol. ponstan, synflex, any NSAIDs and cafegot. ice pack on forehead. Dark, quiet and cool room to take a nap during lunch.

Basically, besides pain relief, you want to constrict yr blood vassels hence the ice pack and cafegot. If no cafegot, take super duper kao kopi. Basically, cafegot is 100% caffein.

Check if yr allergic to any of the meds first.
    woooo coffee poweder here i come

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    woooo coffee poweder here i come
    i read before, headach can not drink cofee. it will make it worst.
    :vhappy:EOS400D

Quote Originally Posted by pckee View Post
    i read before, headach can not drink cofee. it will make it worst.
    PC may be right, but in the case of tension headaches or migraines ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Is+co...L_enSG265SG265
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 20th November 2008 at 12:25 PM.

Sleep the best.