Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728313651 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1022

Thread: Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

  1. #501

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by gglankie View Post
    Hi all butties, I have 2 humble shots and I ish need C&C for these two pictures, about the composition, PP, etc.

    01. L.T at Raffles
    I like pic #1...typical gglankie feel n composition...nothing to nitpick from a noob like me

  2. #502

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by gglankie View Post
    Hi all butties, I have 2 humble shots and I ish need C&C for these two pictures, about the composition, PP, etc.

    01. L.T at Raffles


    02. C.Y at work

    01 is nice! I wouldn't change a thing.

    02 looks flat. Her face looks bloated, but that's becos of the positioning of the hair.

    Butt me eesh noob so take comments weef a bucket of salt.

  3. #503

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Ish any bbutties going BBB this week?

    I needs to BBB big reflector
    Wish dae eeu wanna go? Gawt moar pipple go got diskoun?

  4. #504
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Wish dae eeu wanna go? Gawt moar pipple go got diskoun?
    I ish thinking of fryday perhaps?

    I need to check out the reflector stands too

  5. #505

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    I eesh soo

    Posted up a peekchure my wifey took and no one commented or even said 'Hi'.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...=437031&page=3 post #47

    Please drop by and say 'Hi' lor. I gave her a link to that thread. Wait she think her peekchure total failure liddat Y no one say anything. If failure, alsos share share pliss.

  6. #506

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    I ish thinking of fryday perhaps?

    I need to check out the reflector stands too

    Sounds like a PLAN! I'm probably in as I wanna hoot the city summor.

  7. #507

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    I like pic #1...typical gglankie feel n composition...nothing to nitpick from a noob like me
    thanks buttie. appreciate alot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    01 is nice! I wouldn't change a thing.

    02 looks flat. Her face looks bloated, but that's becos of the positioning of the hair.

    Butt me eesh noob so take comments weef a bucket of salt.
    Hi DM buttie, lol.. no worry cos i oso noob, i still learning... and i also felt that #2 PP is too flat.. mayb i should increase contrast further..

    but if i choose to PP this way for B/W is it feel better? is it still flat?


    03.

  8. #508
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Sounds like a PLAN! I'm probably in as I wanna hoot the city summor.
    BBB outing this friday

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...32#post4526232

  9. #509
    Member/Tangshooter Ambious's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Taiwan, Malaysia
    Posts
    1,216

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    01 is nice! I wouldn't change a thing.

    02 looks flat. Her face looks bloated, but that's becos of the positioning of the hair.

    Butt me eesh noob so take comments weef a bucket of salt.
    For no. 2. That's how she looks. I don't favor this shot as it shows her bad point. She don't look good looking direct to the cam but can be covered if using her hand to position in such that she don't look bloated.

  10. #510
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
    For no. 2. That's how she looks. I don't favor this shot as it shows her bad point. She don't look good looking direct to the cam but can be covered if using her hand to position in such that she don't look bloated.
    Hi butties, thought maybe i would help contribute alittle bit of DI and lighting lesson.

    Well for no.2, as you can see, the subject has a slightly roundish kind of face, hence as what DM mentioned, letting some hair fall on her cheek will do the trick and create a visually "slimmer" face by using the hair to hide part of her cheek.

    The other thing about this picture that can be improved is:

    1.) Tonal difference between face and body
    2.) Contrast on the face itself

    Let us take a look at this:


    The eyes are oversharpened here. Paiseh last time DI noob

    A small gold reflector was used to bounce light onto the subject's face. The effect is a slighter warmer 1/2 - 1 tone brighter skin tone on the face, which is still relatively ok.

    However, if the tonal difference between the face and the body is too great, then it will look really weird. As if the face is photoshopped onto the body.

    The recovery? Do airbrushing on the rest of the body to "even out" the skin.

    Now let us look at the "typical" glamour portrait..
    Last edited by g-khoo; 17th November 2008 at 04:01 PM.

  11. #511
    Member/Tangshooter g-khoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Under your Blanket
    Posts
    2,027

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Ok this is the "typical" western glamour portrait style..


    The image on the left is actually already DI'ed, the image on the right is DI'ed AGAIN for lesson purposes

    Take note on the highlights that fall onto the face. If you look around at fashion magazines, you will notice that these highlights usually fall on a T-zone:

    1.) Small part of the forehead
    2.) Nose bridge
    3.) Cheekbones

    In this photo i have dodged the mentioned areas more than necessary to illustrate the above point.

    If a photo has low contrast, especially if the angle is shot head on, then the image will look flat. Like #2, the face looks flat because there is no shadow/highlight.

    To quote further examples, take a look at modelinn's photoshoot thread. Look at the compcards.

    E.g. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434927

    Look at the center pic and see where the highlight falls..

    Hope this helps abit

    Dislcaimer: The above mentioned information is purely based on experience and self-study...
    Last edited by g-khoo; 17th November 2008 at 03:57 PM.

  12. #512

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    glankie buddy....
    for pic #3, dunno issit my screen got prob...it seems like there is some patches on her face and round her eyes, maybe can "heal" them ?

  13. #513

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    WOW!

    I ewanted to say something but Gee already shared Expert lvl lessons!

  14. #514

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Hi butties, thought maybe i would help contribute alittle bit of DI and lighting lesson.

    Well for no.2, as you can see, the subject has a slightly roundish kind of face, hence as what DM mentioned, letting some hair fall on her cheek will do the trick and create a visually "slimmer" face by using the hair to hide part of her cheek.

    The other thing about this picture that can be improved is:

    1.) Tonal difference between face and body
    2.) Contrast on the face itself

    Let us take a look at this:


    The eyes are oversharpened here. Paiseh last time DI noob

    A small gold reflector was used to bounce light onto the subject's face. The effect is a slighter warmer 1/2 - 1 tone brighter skin tone on the face, which is still relatively ok.

    However, if the tonal difference between the face and the body is too great, then it will look really weird. As if the face is photoshopped onto the body.

    The recovery? Do airbrushing on the rest of the body to "even out" the skin.

    Now let us look at the "typical" glamour portrait..
    Hi g-khoo and DM buttie, thank you for this valuable DI and light lesson. i uds what you wrote. In future, i will take more precaution to pose or find the angle to snap slightly roundish kind of face.

    as for the tonal difference between body and face. i will try to redo the process for pic num 2. Usually, i always concentrate more on the face rather than to balance the whole.

  15. #515

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Wish dae eeu wanna go? Gawt moar pipple go got diskoun?
    allo buttie...more ppl go no discount...maybe more ppl buy got discount...but if go Ruby, 1 battalion buy oso same plice de...

  16. #516

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    Ok this is the "typical" western glamour portrait style..


    The image on the left is actually already DI'ed, the image on the right is DI'ed AGAIN for lesson purposes

    Take note on the highlights that fall onto the face. If you look around at fashion magazines, you will notice that these highlights usually fall on a T-zone:

    1.) Small part of the forehead
    2.) Nose bridge
    3.) Cheekbones

    In this photo i have dodged the mentioned areas more than necessary to illustrate the above point.

    If a photo has low contrast, especially if the angle is shot head on, then the image will look flat. Like #2, the face looks flat because there is no shadow/highlight.

    To quote further examples, take a look at modelinn's photoshoot thread. Look at the compcards.

    E.g. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434927

    Look at the center pic and see where the highlight falls..

    Hope this helps abit

    Dislcaimer: The above mentioned information is purely based on experience and self-study...
    Great tips. what you said, now then i see and understand fully as to balance between the face shadow/highlight. Even be it front shoot or side shot, u still need to contrast out the shadow, otherwise, the subject face will be flat. I will take note of this.

    Btw, sometimes when i see magazines, some PGs also like to overexpose subject's forehead. Do you think its adviseable? I dun like the forehead being overexposed.

  17. #517

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by simpleliving View Post
    glankie buddy....
    for pic #3, dunno issit my screen got prob...it seems like there is some patches on her face and round her eyes, maybe can "heal" them ?
    ok, buttie. i will go "heal" her face.

  18. #518
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    great tips

  19. #519
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,931

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    allo butties
    i ish back from BBB

  20. #520
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XLX: TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    allo butties
    i ish back from BBB
    BBB - Bukit Batok Bus-interchange???
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •