Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would you feel if you were me? =(

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: How would you feel if you were me? =(

Yea I donno why people always complaint then shy away from naming... Just name them lor so simple!

For me...

I've had 4 bad experiences and counting. You know who you are. I don't know if you really have valid reasons or what, but you didn't take the initiative to at least TELL me you can't make it.

I didn't approach them. They PMed me on clubsnap, and we later communicated by email or MSN.

For 2 of the ladies, I had already agreed on a date, a concept, clothes, the only thing not confirmed is time. So I waited for them to come online MSN so I could ask them. I even sent emails every few days. And guess what? No reply... even after the date had passed. So all my plans are spoilt.

Well, least the other 2 of them still told me sorry they're busy only after I sms-ed them 12 hours prior to meeting time.

If cannot make it for whatever reason please at least have the responsibility to TELL ME that you can't make it, not just let the shoot hang in mid air with me sitting there waiting for your reply, even if its a TFCD.
    Last edited by redstone; 23rd November 2008 at 02:44 AM.

This is a very unprofessional behaviour when shoot is confirmed and back out due to pay rate is higher than the other one.
    Probably... in a recession... money come first and not reputation. :/

I understand how you feel and how you face the photographers for the shoot.
    Something that you can't prevent seriously... unless you issue terms of contract for those who work with you and make them sign black and white. If anything happens find them to pay for a penalty? Just a thought...

Be firm and professional in your role and business, you are the boss. If they are not your cup of tea or up to standard, you can don't need waste your time on them.
    Short of 1 unprofessional model won't affect you much.

Good luck.
    キヤノン 450D + 5D2 + 5D3 + 6D + 富士フイルム XP1 :)

most of them are not affected by recession ; single, young and no family commitment.. the money mostly goes to clothes, food and parties.

By naming them you have the supports of those photographers involve in the shoot as they will know that you tried hard but the models failed to commit. I know one popular model who always back out from TFCD shoots as she get more pay from others photographer.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

A contract should mean something. A verbal agreement is a contract.

We have talked about this. It's up to you, but, if you do not out the model, you are essentially condoning her action. No harm no foul, let's go screw someone again.

However, this problem will not likely go away. So, maybe, the smartest thing is to blacklist her from your jobs, move on, be happy.

Still, I would at the very least release the name to people who asked.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    most of them are not affected by recession ; single, young and no family commitment.. the money mostly goes to clothes, food and parties.
    What about test shoots? Model no reason given just suddenly MIA from online, stop replying to emails, smses when everything is more or less confirmed.

name the model, or other explain to people why the photoshoot was cancelled ("cancel due to xxx changed his/her mind and took up another assignment") then blacklist him/her till the end of time. Others who read your cancellation notice will avoid him/her in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    name the model, or other explain to people why the photoshoot was cancelled ("cancel due to xxx changed his/her mind and took up another assignment") then blacklist him/her till the end of time. Others who read your cancellation notice will avoid him/her in the future.
    it's not that easy .... there is always 2 sides to a coin.
    those MIA models always have their reasons ......
    always the Light, .... always.

expose, i say. can serve as a warning for photographers who want to tfcd her in future. at least theres due warning.

and these kind, i think can dont even classify as model la.

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    it's not that easy .... there is always 2 sides to a coin.
    those MIA models always have their reasons ......
    I suppose you mean its not that simple.
    True, however thread starter was giving the story that the problem is one-sided.
    If that's the truth, my proposal should be ok, since the model does not have a good reason to counter.

In other case, I agree with you. Typically its better to just keep quiet and avoid the person in question. My ex-GM always tell us no one is indispensible, including himself - he was retrenched 1/2 year ago,

Quote Originally Posted by pfurr View Post
    expose, i say. can serve as a warning for photographers who want to tfcd her in future. at least theres due warning.

and these kind, i think can dont even classify as model la.
    +1

so i know who to siam.

AWOL go DB!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123