Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you feel if you were me? =(

Default Re: How would you feel if you were me? =(

Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    agreed... if they can do that to you... they can do the same to whoever's engaging them next.. Oh, and if money can buy over someone... they're not very far off to going into the prostitution industry.... And i reckon prostitutes might even have more dignity than your careless models...

Any model that don't have an idea that TIME=MONEY.... really shouldn't be a model.

Sorry to hear about that esther....
    Let them learn a lesson as I think those are young and inexperience. Bar them for say 6 months and reinstate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Let them learn a lesson as I think those are young and inexperience. Bar them for say 6 months and reinstate them!
    Why not bar for 30 years and they can come back to pose as aunties?

Take it easy sis, I'm sure that photographers will understand that it's not your fault that the models went MIA & things like that cos it's really beyond your control. With so many successful shoots you have organised, I'm sure your reputation will not be tarnished by the few black sheeps.

Black-listing the irresponsible models is probably the best solution for now. Young girls nowadays (shake head).

Keep your cool ok.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

i dunwant to name them lah, very bad leh >.<

but i feel most photogs will be angry at organisers usually when model mia =x

Quote Originally Posted by Melody-Love View Post
    What would you do if you are a shoot organiser,
    then the model backs out after agreeing with you twice that she will do the shoot?
    it is not easy to get past the sense of betrayal

but we all have to move on - just don't work with her again

That's a sad situation and I'd be disappointed like you.

Not sure how much reputation is valued nowadays, I mean, just look at the Lehman minibonds thingee..... all the bankers just wanna roll their commission, sell to aunties and uncles without the faintest knowledge of investment and make them fret. I guess that's where one part of our society is headed, the selfish I-wanna-make-it-you-can-die attitude.

Work with the models that you have faith in. Not wrong to trust them first time but if you get screwed, then don be silly and have them back.

If you really have to use the blacklisted ones, consider making them sign a contract or agreement ? State that if they cancel, they gotta pay penalty. Perhaps when they do put their signatures down, they will think twice about pulling out with zero repercussions.
    Snap ?

give me the names, I forward the list to the show organsiers and event organisers barred them. can PM me!
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

wat the use of defence them when they are the one at wrong. you wont gain anything, only make your reputation bad.
    Canon 1D MK3,28-200 F3.5-5.6, 100 F2
    My Models

Hi, its really disheartening to hear of your case. However, without a clearer indication, the other 2 models within the event as presumed becomes innocent suspects as well, kind of unfair to them. Just my 2 cents.
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

the reason y they should be named is so that people hiring them for private shoots will not encounter this problems...if they can do this for an org shoot, they can do this to private shoots too...

There is no sense of responsibility or commitment on their part...others should be warned of such...

This gives the models who aren't like them more justice as they'll deserved getting more request and assignments...

Such people give the sincere and professional models a bad name. Naming them is probably the best way to defend yourself. Why defend those who do not bother defending you and even themselves. It's very obvious such people are not sincere and not honest.

Matter of time before their bad work ethics get the better of them.

They don't deserve the chances you're giving them.

They everytime come and tell me:
    " im very serious for this, i have the passion for modelling, i dont mind how much im paid. please give me more assignments."
    You really believe in those ppls????

Most of them are thinking: 'im very serious for this, i have the passion for earning quick money, i dont mind how much im paid. please give me more assignments, because i want money."

That is the fact.

For you case, think you just have to blacklist them and move on. There are risk in every business.

The only way to improve the professionalism of the service industry, in this case is your model wanna-bies, is to weed out those poor performers. Being considerate and kind will only serve to condone more of such behavior. Name and drop them in a heartbeat!

I tend to agree with Snowspeeder.

Being too lenient will only get you disrespect and dishonorable behavior like you have experienced. I'm not saying be a biatch, but be firm and professional in your selection and dealing process.

You might loose a few girls along the way, but those are precisely the type of unprofessional wanna bies that you do NOT want ruining your reputation and business.

After all, you're in it for the business, not to play masak masak, so apply the same level of professionalism across all those under your care.

In the long run, both the girls as well as the industry will recognize you for the standards you demand, and the professionalism you can provide.

I think I will be annoyed if I were you.

How about going to the lawyer and come up with a form/terms to let the model sign. Like, if he/she fails to show up, he/she would have to compensate you somehow etc.

Good for everyone.

Haha ... i tink the earlier shoot at Chijmes + SMU, with this model Mxxxxx, but KNN never turn up.
    one of those ang pai model eh.
    Last edited by MomentoEverlast; 16th November 2008 at 12:36 AM.

Okay, it's now very obvious who is the girl when you go have a look at the Photoshoots section

Compare dates.

I also dont understand why some shoot organisers have to use "i give you higher pay" and abit of badmouthing to snatch models from other organisers, knowing that it's the same date that i've hired the model.

Quote Originally Posted by MomentoEverlast View Post
    Haha ... i tink the earlier shoot at Chijmes + SMU, with this model Mxxxxx, but KNN never turn up.
    one of those ang pai model eh.

I know who you talking about.
    haha, but that one is not she unprofessional, is when she woke up eye swollen den cannot come down In this situation is i sway lor. lol. in subsequent shoots the M model is quite good

I don't think a lot of them are serious... most just do it for money or just because it seems fun.. you could always get them to pay a 'down payment' which you'll give back when they appear for the shoots.. or something along those lines. Make sure you don't put yourself on the losing side..

Okay, it's now very obvious who is the girl when you go have a look at the Photoshoots section

Compare dates.

I also dont understand why some shoot organisers have to use "i give you higher pay" and abit of badmouthing to snatch models from other organisers, knowing that it's the same date that i've hired the model.
    Just name them.

And let the gers know you REALLY mean buisness...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast