Thread: Anywhere to rent/borrow Spyder Calibrator?

Default Anywhere to rent/borrow Spyder Calibrator?

I'm considering buying a Spyder calibrator as I recently ventured more into prints and would like to get my monitor calibrated properly. But I was thinking about it and feel that spending $200++ on a Spyder3 Pro doesnt seem worthwhile cos I would be using it once and probably wont need it again for a long time. The monitor calibration probably wont go off if I dont touch the setting rite??

So I was wondering if there's anyone or any place that I can rent it for? Or if any bro would be willing to rent it to me, I would be happy to pay you for it

Or maybe you guys can enlighten me why I should spend the money and buy one instead?
    D700|24-70 f2.8|50mm f1.8|105VR f2.8 Micro|28-70 f3.5-4.5|SB600|SB800

Default Re: Anywhere to rent/borrow Spyder Calibrator?

Quote Originally Posted by hobbes187 View Post
    I'm considering buying a Spyder calibrator as I recently ventured more into prints and would like to get my monitor calibrated properly. But I was thinking about it and feel that spending $200++ on a Spyder3 Pro doesnt seem worthwhile cos I would be using it once and probably wont need it again for a long time. The monitor calibration probably wont go off if I dont touch the setting rite??
    Wrong. Did the calibration for my LCD after 4 weeks again and I got different results. Verified again next day to make sure it's not a fault due to mishandling. Depending on quality and age of the LCD the necessary profile changes slightly over the time. Also, what do you want to do if somebody else has changes the LCD settings (by whatever reasons)? Keep the Spyder and share with friends.
    AFAIK, Spyder 3 also considers light in the room you are working.