Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

Thread: CS as Pornography Channel

  1. #21
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by chong_lim View Post
    Hi All,

    Lately I saw more and more Nude models that come from porn star.
    It is so sad that Artistic Nude Photography has became Pornography.

    Seem like CS become pornography channel already.
    Now that's a typical Kopitiam thread we love.

  2. #22

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Cleanse your dirty thoughts before you shoot or view the photos?
    that's harder to do...

  3. #23

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by chong_lim View Post
    Hi All,

    Lately I saw more and more Nude models that come from porn star.
    It is so sad that Artistic Nude Photography has became Pornography.

    Seem like CS become pornography channel already.
    Oh wow!

    Who died and made u the moral police of this forum??

    U r a matured, independent, self-thinking adult (at least I hope you are), so u can always make an adult decision to look away and not step into that area of photography.
    ebay SG: clippersg
    Chupr: clipper

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    big tree town
    Posts
    2,389

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by chong_lim View Post
    Hi All,

    Lately I saw more and more Nude models that come from porn star.
    It is so sad that Artistic Nude Photography has became Pornography.

    Seem like CS become pornography channel already.
    Porn star cannot be nude model?

    Whether or not its art or porn is how u think. Even if i show someone (with a lust mindset) a beautiful lady nicely dressed up, he will also think dirty one lah.

    I saw Leejay's picture thread this morning. I was suprised (in fact) to see that in a short 12 hrs, the no of clicks on the thread was 4 figures. The pictures looks fine, but i didn't took a second look at it again. I didn't quite like it actually (no offense, Leejay). Diff people see diff things. U don't like then don't see loh, what's the problem? U think its difficult to find dirty pictures online anyway? we see these topics on the news all the time.

    As we grow up, the distinction between things becomes grey. There is no absolute yes and no or right and wrong to things. Its just how u choose to see it.

    Relax lah friend, go surf other threads lah.
    cameras are not made of tofu

  5. #25

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    First of all, i disagree with Tser regarding nude models from porn stars only produces pornography instead of nude arts. But i do feel that the recent increasing thread of nude workshops has brought alarming consideration about what it will affect CS. As a community with the large range of age group, i think we should keep these nude photography private and preferly not posing any photo viewing in here be it external or whatsoever.

    I certainly hope the organiser who put up these workshops to limit age group, it wouldnt be nice that parents of a fellow tser walk pass his computer and saw him viewing these pornographic materials (yes, unfortunately some of photos seems more erotic than arts, although i understand everyone is learning) and the child say, oh no these are art pieces from CLUBSNAP! there goes the name of cser. All label as whatever the ladies/parents can think of.

    we cant stop the child to look for pornography materials in elsewhere when the internet world is boundless, we cant stop people from learning nude photography, we also cant differential indecent guys from the artistic ones going for nude shoots, but certainly i am sure we can all help to not share these photos in this place where all age group meets.

    my 2cents

  6. #26

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    I've been thinking, why the stigma against porno pics? There are tonnes of good gravure photographers in Japan, who dabble in soft porn as well. Is this why Singapore is not producing talented porn photographers???!! We need to match up to foreign talent!

    It's a legitimate business in most countries, and people like Hugh Hefner are intelligent and rich. Sometimes, this country just has very strange moral standards it likes to impose. Maybe someone, one of the GWCs who start out here, will become famous worldwide, and we can all be proud of him.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  7. #27

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    I know this kind of thread would come out. If you don't like it, discuss this with the admins and I am sure there will be a solution. However, I would like to bring up one thing: although there seems to be a few more such shoots coming out recently, it doesn't mean everybody can afford these shoots. If people want to take part, there won't be much frequency as it is quite costly (like me for example, it was only my second time). It is good to give our youngsters some exposure to this as an open society. I understand your worry as a parent and as an Asian. On the other hand, respect the organisers as they need to earn their keep. You can ask the admins to restrict the posting of such pics, but you cannot restrict free market. When you take away people's rice bowl, they are not going to be happy.
    what he says.

    let's not let a person's moral objection (against nude shoot) be imposed on another person (for nude shoot). it would not be cool.

    edit: btw, even respected japanese manga and anime artist also dabble in a little softporn as an addendum to their story-telling. and they are still respected for it. wonder why the porn word (or is ti nude word) is such taboo here...
    Last edited by shiruikage; 12th November 2008 at 05:43 PM.
    おれのflickrださ

  8. #28

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    I am not supporting it, but I would like to know what is the difference betewwn Porn & Nude? Is sexy nude photo considered porn? Or when a porn star post and take nude photo, does it implied that it is porn because the object is a porn star?

    I have seen few sexy nude photos posted, but I am surprise to see that they are classified as porn?

    Do we classified a sexually stimulating nude photo as pron?

  9. #29

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Dear TS,

    The imposition of your moral standards upon others is as disgusting as the pornography you are so against. This is a rehash of that old Kopitiam thread, and my views on this subject are unlikely to change. Don't like it? Don't click it.

  10. #30
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    The internet itself is already the best source of pornography. And CS just happens a domain in the world wide web. Plus nude photography falls under photography.
    So to me, it is just natural that some porn appears in CS.

    Btw, isn't nude photography similar to soft porn?

    It is not really feasible in CS to use MDA's guidelines on porn, like how they rate movies. I think the current method of indicating nudity is involved in the thread title is good enough. But if you have realised, threads with such titles often get loads of views, which goes to show a behavioural feature of humans.
    The best things in life are free.

  11. #31

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    i dont know about how people think nowadays, i am definitely not as open as some of the japanese and the caucasians out there. i dont know how i will respond, but definitely not proud if i found my friends telling me they found someone i know, my friends or family to be starring in the porn photos/movies.

    With these industry comes alot of other issues, and the most concerning crime rates, out of 1000 porn stars out there, there are some for money because of various difficult reasons, some are just there because they are materialistic, and there bound to be some brought in illegally from crimes. I will be sad if someone i know become a victim of the above. Therefore i will definitely not encourage this industry , it is there because there is demand.

    i wrote the above column because of someone mention about opening up the porn industry in singapore.

    but i have no objection with nude photography, which is held in healthy artistic concept, in schools and gallery, photos to express the beauty of human contour leaving out the rest of the unimportant details from what i see most of the photos are not going in that direction.

  12. #32
    Member gymak90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Far North
    Posts
    1,448

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    Quote Originally Posted by Benosaurous View Post
    i wrote the above column because of someone mention about opening up the porn industry in singapore.
    The porn industry includes sex trade? If that's case, then the porn industry in Singapore has already been opened.
    The best things in life are free.

  13. #33
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: CS as Pornography Channel

    i think that this is a non issue as there actually isn't that many threads in the PNP gallery that contains nudity.
    and those that do contain nudity have posted within the guidelines

    the mods of that section will moderate if necessary
    thank you

    thread closed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •