Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on my pic!

Default Re: Need help on my pic!

Quote Originally Posted by sohwayne View Post
    actually also done something to the photo, hope u dont mind... im oso on learning phrase
    is it better or worse?

It looks a little oversharpened now. You can see that the out-of-focus highlights now exhibit some sort of artifact.

abit overdone with the unsharp mask ...
    Follow Me On Facebook [ SOHWAYNE ]

Quote Originally Posted by sohwayne View Post
    abit overdone with the unsharp mask ...
    There is a tendency to do so, so that the results are "visible", but really you have to look out for signs of oversharpening, and then take it down a notch. Use tastefully, if I may say.

I guessed no one has brought up the fact that this is probably Nikkor lens would make purple look unnatural.

Try next time to shoot with a A4 white paper above, use daylight white balance, A mode -0.3~-0.7 EV.

You are likely to get better results.

All pictures are not natural. It is most difficult to get the colour correct fro purple, maroon subjects....

Andrew Ng

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ng View Post
    I guessed no one has brought up the fact that this is probably Nikkor lens would make purple look unnatural.
    It's a fact?

A quick search on google didn't render anything on this fact. Perhaps I am searching for the wrong thing?

I met this really old photographer in Penang while I was doing travel shoot. As he mentions, Nikkor Lens have blue coating, If no adjustments to white balance... thinks will turn out 'blueish' or cold... Purple + Blue give darker/ more purple....

That seems to go the same for Tamron lenses

Canon lens and Sigma has this orange coating... so look more orange... That gives the warmer colour.

Of course, people has varying view. I tried it. I am quite convinced after several shoots. Google it.

:-}

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12