Thread: Another fresh newbie

Default Another fresh newbie

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, actually not new just never register. But since I bought a new 450D so i decided to join this forum. Btw I need help here, as my lens 18-55mm I am thinking of getting another new lens that allow me to zoom in on further objects. Please advice. Thanks.

Best Regards

Default Re: Another fresh newbie

You can consider getting the 55-250MM IS. It is afforable compared to other tele lens. And I'm using it with my 450D.

Hello...welcome.

Get the 18-200mm if you need the range.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Welcome

read more
    shoot more
    post more

As per my first advice, go read in the Canon sub-forum for something which would both fit your budget as well as your usage.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Got budget? Zoom as in how far?

Not really sure how far i want to zoom, looking at 18-200mm or 55-250mm. But prefer to get IS as my hands is abit shaking.

If you are keeping the 18-55, then might as well get the 55-250 instead of the 18-200.

Ya I am thinking of that as well, considering if I want to get a third party lens or canon lens.

For S$360, you can't go wrong with the 55-250IS.
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

For $360? Oh cos I dun realli know the price of the lens, looking ard to see if got ppl wanna sell as well.

55-250mm IS quite rare people are selling but can try look around
    Follow Me On Facebook [ SOHWAYNE ]

Quote Originally Posted by edmund1wj View Post
    For $360? Oh cos I dun realli know the price of the lens, looking ard to see if got ppl wanna sell as well.
    Then maybe you are not aware that 18-200 is nearly $700 more.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...131801&page=46

hey! welcome! im using 450D too. Actually you should just use your kit lens first then slowly see what you like to shoot then buy your lens.
    Canon 6D, Canon 450D, Canon F1.8, Canon 55-250, Tamron 17-50 F2.8 VC, Tokina 11-16 F2.8, 580EX

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, actually not new just never register. But since I bought a new 450D so i decided to join this forum. Btw I need help here, as my lens 18-55mm I am thinking of getting another new lens that allow me to zoom in on further objects. Please advice. Thanks.

Best Regards
    depends on the distance you want. At $300-ish is pretty decent lens the 55-250mm IS to get but since most usually sell 2nd hand at $310-$330 there might as well get first hand.
    I photograph the dead.

Any advice on where I could get lens at a good price? Btw what is the use of hood? Is there any hood for my kit 18-55mm lens?

Any advice on where I could get lens at a good price? Btw what is the use of hood? Is there any hood for my kit 18-55mm lens?
    Hi congrats on the 450D, most people would tell you to save the money as it's not worth getting for the kit. You can always try the buy/sell forums to look around for a good bargain, but i havent seen too much on that lens.

Hi guys, btw is there any hood available for my stock 18-55mm lens? And also wat do I look for when getting a hood?

Hi guys, btw is there any hood available for my stock 18-55mm lens? And also wat do I look for when getting a hood?
    The hood for the 18-55 is the EW-60C. Nothing much to look out for, just check and make sure there aren't very obvious scratches. Personally, I saved the money on the lens hood for the 18-55.

Thanks for the info on the lens hood. Was searching around to see which mode fits onto my 18-55mm lens.
    Canon EOS 450D + 18-55mm lens

hi welcome, 55-250mm is good
    Nikon D300|50mm|Sigma 24-70mm|Sony CX7|LX3|Multiply /Foto