Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Information and Practical Suggestions to working as Models & Photographers

Default Re: Information and Practical Suggestions to working as Models & Photographers

Quote Originally Posted by Zplus View Post
    35-50 years old lar.... ejun states that they demand higher then younger models.... see above.... edited to prevent confusion. If 50% goes to agent, then we all be agent already...
    aha *word count*
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Exclamation Re: Information and Practical Suggestions to working as Models & Photographers

haha.. well it's debatable how much various agencies bill (never do know since i don't run nor have been involved) the rates i've stated is what i thought practical to be living here in singapore... well with the economic downturn, perhaps that's gonna fall but substantially? i think not.

15-20 - $1500/month ave.
    20-25 - $2000/month ave.
    25-35 - $3000/month ave.
    35-50 - $4500/month ave.

That's about the figures we pay our staff now.. although other variables include work experience and competency.. If you think about it, by the time anyone hits 50.. without earning a relatively healthy 4k a month, i think you'll be sweating to pay off whatever rent and car installments..

The reason also why i thought models should at least bill as much is simply cause i think it's easier to work as something else and work your way up to generating that sort of revenue..
    Given models have a "unhealthy shelf-life" i really think they should max their earning potential.. if not... find a rich hubby in the end....

Hope this clears my personal opinions on costings! haha
    EJUNLOW.com . Like my work on FACEBOOK

Exclamation Re: Information and Practical Suggestions to working as Models & Photographers

oh and the figures actually refers to this line before it:

1. Here's a general idea of how much you'll need to earn to sustain yourself (a decent living standard) locally.. assuming u're self employed and working for a living
    15-20 - $1500/month ave.
    20-25 - $2000/month ave.
    25-35 - $3000/month ave.
    35-50 - $4500/month ave.

Whether or not models earn that sorta paycheque... i never know but in my opinion, i probably think it's silly not to...

Default Re: Information and Practical Suggestions to working as Models & Photographers

bumping this for newer readers

Quote Originally Posted by ejunlow View Post
    bumping this for newer readers
    see this is why this went over waaaay better than the ruckus averal tried to stir up. you didn't take a sanctimonious tone with your audience.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123