Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to take my own passport photo at home?

Default Re: How to take my own passport photo at home?

Quote Originally Posted by cantona7 View Post
    4R = 6 by 4 inches

therefore, if you use photoshop to create a 4R canvas, you can only fit 8 passport-size images on it.

from the previous posts, pp size shld be 35mm(w) by 45mm(l).

i assume you are going to print it from a studio???

i want to develop it by bringing it to shop to print it out.. but how do i arrange it?i have to take the pictures, than resize the passport photo to 35 by 45, than using PS created a new file size 6in by 4in than pasted about 8 35mm by 45mm onto the 6in by 4in? than save in thumb drive and pass the photo to the shop to let it print out??

is that the right way to send it to printing? pls guild me thanks

Regard,
    Norman
    Nikon D300|MB-D10|Nikon F2|Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G ED|Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D|SB-80DX|Next:70-200mm

just to let you know some labs will charge very expensive if you have composite more than one images on a print, even it is only a 4R photo, you should ask them FIRST before you send for print, else don't complain AFTER you print.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

but regarding to my steps of printing it out, is it correct eh?
    Nikon D300|MB-D10|Nikon F2|Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G ED|Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D|SB-80DX|Next:70-200mm

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    just to let you know some labs will charge very expensive if you have composite more than one images on a print, even it is only a 4R photo, you should ask them FIRST before you send for print, else don't complain AFTER you print.

Thanks for the info...=] will ask and check them out b4 i print them=]

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    wow..thanks for the webby man~ really useful~=]

Quote Originally Posted by NormanTan View Post
    i want to develop it by bringing it to shop to print it out.. but how do i arrange it?i have to take the pictures, than resize the passport photo to 35 by 45, than using PS created a new file size 6in by 4in than pasted about 8 35mm by 45mm onto the 6in by 4in? than save in thumb drive and pass the photo to the shop to let it print out??

is that the right way to send it to printing? pls guild me thanks

Regard,
    Norman
    yup, thats what i meant

alternatively, u may just create 1 image of 35 by 45 mm then save it to ur thumbdrive. most studios have their own software of printing pp photos by selecting an image.

actually, base on average, how often is a passport photograph be required ? Once in every 6 mths, 1 year, or 5 years ?
    But I guess, the joy is the process of getting it done by oneself, self satisfaction derive from photography.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    actually, base on average, how often is a passport photograph be required ? Once in every 6 mths, 1 year, or 5 years ?
    But I guess, the joy is the process of getting it done by oneself, self satisfaction derive from photography.
    YA!! esp when u show it to others, than u tell them thats u the 1 that take it, than they will like WOW~ thats the best part=]

And slowly words will pass around, so and so can take passport photo. Soon, there will be request like....Hi, can you take for me a passport photo ? Later..it will be..so and so can take passport photo...so the whole office staff can let him/her take for them. To charge or not to charge ? That is the question. Request from colleaque, surely cannot charge. Request from senior, also cannot charge, then how ?
    Solution : do it after office hour and charge as overtime. Fair enough ? Have to cover some labour cost ma !

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    And slowly words will pass around, so and so can take passport photo. Soon, there will be request like....Hi, can you take for me a passport photo ? Later..it will be..so and so can take passport photo...so the whole office staff can let him/her take for them. To charge or not to charge ? That is the question. Request from colleaque, surely cannot charge. Request from senior, also cannot charge, then how ?
    Solution : do it after office hour and charge as overtime. Fair enough ? Have to cover some labour cost ma !
    HAHA.. yea charge ur boss for the passport photo taken after office hour!! u might not know when u need it for office use..HAHA~~

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Very du-lan ... went down to a shop at Clementi central, they charge $1 for each 'shot' in a 4R photo. Ended up walking away w/o printing, and told myself not gonna frequent that shop ever again.

Example, if you have 8 passport portrait-snapshots arranged in a single 4R photo, they want to charge you $8! Why should they discriminate the contents? Pls avoid such shops!

Pls give your business to those (make some calls before going down) shops that charge normal photo prices for these DIY passport photos.

You set to small 's' size, don't use L or Raw ... too big can't fix their required size.

If you wear specs, remove the glass from the specs B4 U shoot to avoid reflection cos I gana liao.
    Enjoy your every moment with our nature and friends

Quote Originally Posted by junk View Post
    Very du-lan ... went down to a shop at Clementi central, they charge $1 for each 'shot' in a 4R photo. Ended up walking away w/o printing, and told myself not gonna frequent that shop ever again.

Example, if you have 8 passport portrait-snapshots arranged in a single 4R photo, they want to charge you $8! Why should they discriminate the contents? Pls avoid such shops!

Pls give your business to those (make some calls before going down) shops that charge normal photo prices for these DIY passport photos.
    these labs charging this amount for consumers DIY passport photos, the cost is also including cutting the photos for you.
    you can go to any other lab does not add surcharge for such printing, and use a pen knife cut the photo yourself, or buy a $80 passport photo cutter.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i took my moms passport last month, no problem. she got her passport (applied online).

just use a white background, can use anything thats white, cloth, white cardboard etc.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

You can create valid passport photos with http://idphoto4you.com website.
    This site knows numerous standards and print sizes.
    It uses face detection for set position and size of head.
    It is very useful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12